Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    How about a side-by-side photo of the Super Ego and the new Ego so we could see how much smaller the Ego is? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by djca View Post
    How about a side-by-side photo of the Super Ego and the new Ego so we could see how much smaller the Ego is? Thanks!
    Great idea! The more photos the better!

can you tell us the price range you are looking at?

I was also wondering if you have done the volume testing for the Ego yet.

thanks
    Last edited by thedeckers; 01-25-2007 at 08:44 AM. Reason: thought of another question

CEO
    Upper left hand corner of the U.S. map (lower 48 states)
    Indeed the Ego has the same little stretch mesh pockets as the Super Ego, albeit a bit smaller still. They were designed to take advantage of a small panel that would otherwise be a pocket-less wasteland: on the SE they fit most iPods nicely - I haven't confirmed that for the Ego yet - almost certainly a Nano or similar.
    I'll have to think about the Ultrasuede idea for some future version of both bags, but don't expect any changes in either bag for a year or so at this point.

FYI:
    Ego Specs:
    23 liters / 1400 cu.in.
    390mm x 340mm x 160mm
    15.3 x 13.3 x 6.3"
    Weight: 1.2 kg / 2 lbs 10oz

Quote Originally Posted by djca View Post

Actually, I would love a simple web form where you could choose bags from 4 or so drop-downs and hitting submit would show you side by side pictures, scaled properly, of all the bags for a nice comparison (maybe put them next to a DVD case or some other common item as well).... it would help those of us who can't accurately visualize inches in their heads :-)

Siv
    Can we have some more photos of the insides of the bags? Also, how about something standard size (like a foot ruler or a 12" pineapple) included with all the photos so that the viewer gets an idea of the scale of the bag and also the differences between sizes of all the bags? An alternative is to have a photo with the bag in use by the same person (e.g. Tom) for all your offerings.

Volunteer Moderator
    Ooo maybe one picture with everyone at TB in a lineup wearing the same bag with their favorite color combination! (As long as we're fishing for ideas

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Ooo maybe one picture with everyone at TB in a lineup wearing the same bag with their favorite color combination! (As long as we're fishing for ideas
    LOL! So, in general, we all want more pictures.

So, from looking through the forums I believe that The Ego might be the right bag for me, but I have a tough time with dimensioning things to their real world equivalents. I am a dirt-poor college student, so I only have one chance to get my bag selection correct and could use any help you guys could offer in determining if this would meet my needs.

I'm looking for a messenger-style bag that'll fit my brand-new Size 5 Horizontal Brain Cell plus a textbook or two, a few spiral bound notebooks, power brick, overpowered graphic calculator, Nalgene bottle, and occasionally other things such as mobile phone, mp3 player, pencils, pens, and any other things i might need to live on campus as a commuter student. (Something that could hold a decent lunch would be nice too).

Judging from what I've read I think the Super Ego may be too large for me since this'll be following me around all day, every day, but from the reviews I've read the ID may be too small after the Brain Cell (textbooks are big).

Does my reasoning sound proper and does it look like this is what I'm needing?

Quote Originally Posted by suamme1 View Post
    I'm looking for a messenger-style bag that'll fit my brand-new Size 5 Horizontal Brain Cell plus a textbook or two, a few spiral bound notebooks, power brick, overpowered graphic calculator, Nalgene bottle, and occasionally other things such as mobile phone, mp3 player, pencils, pens, and any other things i might need to live on campus as a commuter student. (Something that could hold a decent lunch would be nice too).
    I was lucky enough to play with the Ego prototype when I was at the factory showroom. As a student myself, I have very similar needs. I stuffed a Size 4 brain cell, a medium size chemistry textbook, a 1-inch binder (they have these props at the store!), and there was plenty of room for the power brick and gadgets you mention. Unless you have a large water bottle, it should fit in the outer pocket. As for lunch, it depends on how you pack it. A boxy tupperware would definitely not fit, though a sandwich and fruit definitely would. Hope that helps!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Does my reasoning sound proper and does it look like this is what I'm needing?
    I agree with readmore that the Ego would be a great size of bag for you. The ID would work, too. It's a surprisingly big bag. As to whether you should get the Ego or the ID, I think whichever style suits you more would be the deciding factor.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Well, that settles it then... I'm going for the Ego. Now I just gotta wait patiently I suppose...

Well, that settles it then... I'm going for the Ego. Now I just gotta wait patiently I suppose...
    Hey, yeah it is supposed to start shipping next month, right?

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Good news!!

The Ego is available for preorder now.

See the above link for new interior pictures and a detailed description of the Ego, along with the Ego FAQ.

The Ego is on scheduled to ship mid-March - when I walked through the factory today, the sewing crew was working on them. Attached are pictures of factory crew members Celli and Irma working on the Ego. Celli is spreading the fabric that Irma will cut.

Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Great news...went to see about placing an order, but the way that it's set-up, there's not a choice to opt out of the second strap option (i.e. a "no, thanks" option)...?
    Last edited by suden; 02-15-2007 at 07:11 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0