Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar

Imago: Updated Design + New Pictures

Tom has updated the design of the Imago to have the same 1 1/2" toothed slide that the ID has, allowing the Standard Shoulder Strap, Absolute Shoulder Strap, or the up-and-coming Q-AM (Quick-Adjust Messenger) Strap to be used with the bag.

The Imago available in these new color combinations:
    Navy/Kelly/Steel
    Navy/Crimson/Crimson
    Hunter/Steel/Steel
    Black/Steel/Olive
    Crimson/Steel/Steel

And these enduringly popular color combinations:
    Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi
    Olive/Steel/Wasabi

We've also added new pictures, including interior shots of the Imago, to the Imago page. More pictures - of each color combination and of people wearing the Imago and the different shoulder straps - will follow.

The updated version of the Imago ships the first week of February.

Thoughts? I can't decide between a Navy/Crimson/Crimson or Navy/Kelly/Steel for myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I am very, very excited about this update. The new colours are so pretty! Although, as my roommate said, the ones up so far aren't very "me." Looking forward to the pictures of the other colours, so can I finally pick a colour and pre-order mine!

Volunteer Moderator
    Woo hoo for new colors! Now to just wait for the Q-AM to be offered for sale in order to test the whole new thing out...

Does the Imago or the ID come with instructions on how to switch the straps out (standard/Absolute/Q-AM) or is it pretty self-explanatory?

This has cinched it for me. I have an Absolute shoulder strap collecting dust that will soon have a happy home on an Imago.

Nice call you guys.

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    Thoughts? I can't decide between a Navy/Crimson/Crimson or Navy/Kelly/Steel for myself.
    Very exciting! I think I'm going to go with the N/C/C over the N/K/S because I prefer the brighter colour on the inside. If it was Navy/Kelly/Wasabi or something I'd be more tempted!

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Does the Imago or the ID come with instructions on how to switch the straps out (standard/Absolute/Q-AM) or is it pretty self-explanatory?
    We're working on instructions right now. The Standard and Absolute Straps are pretty easy to switch out, but unless you're familiar with the kind of strap that the Q-AM strap is, it can be complicated. It's a strap that makes sense only when you see it on a person.

More pics have been added to the Imago page, including pictures of every color combination. I don't think the Hunter/Steel/Steel picture does that color combination justice - it's stunning in person.

And Joy - maybe we'll do Navy/Kelly/Wasabi in the next batch. I think the Imago will be a bag whose colors we'll play around with a lot. What does everyone else think about that combo?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

P.S. Our factory finished the Imago batch early. They're in stock!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    P.S. Our factory finished the Imago batch early. They're in stock!
    !!! Need to consult w/ my friends and then am ordering one. Today. Can't decide between Olive/Steel/Wasabi and Navy/Crimson/Crimson. I'm a huge fan of Crimson or Wasabi interiors.

I would adore a Black/Crimson/Crimson (with the Cordura Nylon pattern). I think that would be my ideal colour combination.

Navy/Kelly/Wasabi would be pretty too, just not quite my style.

Edit: Ordered! And got the Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi, because all my friends liked it and I do too.
    Last edited by timarelay; 01-19-2007 at 03:56 PM.

You know what? That's great news indeed!Simple but major impovements to an excellent product. With your permission, I'd like to amend my Imago review page to reflect those changes. May I use some of your pictures that show the strap interchangeability as well?

I love the new colors. I hope they're available on my next purchase- probably not another imago though. I'm waiting to see what the new smaller backpack looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyrnoid View Post
    With your permission, I'd like to amend my Imago review page to reflect those changes. May I use some of your pictures that show the strap interchangeability as well?
    Please do! Let me know when it's updated and we'll post it on the blog.

Quote Originally Posted by mrae
    I hope they're available on my next purchase- probably not another imago though. I'm waiting to see what the new smaller backpack looks like.
    I think (but I'm not 100% sure on this) that one of the new, smaller backpacks will be made out of 1000 denier Cordura, which means these colors would be possibilities: Kelly, Navy, Crimson, Olive, Cocoa, Steel, Plum, Black.

I really like the look of the Imago, but I think it is just a touch too small for me. I would also like the Black/Crimson/Crimson with the Cordura Nylon pattern someone mentioned earlier, or maybe Crimson/Black/Crimson (I like the look of the crimson/black that is available now, but I like the other pattern better).

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy
    I don't think the Hunter/Steel/Steel picture does that color combination justice - it's stunning in person.
    I'm glad to hear it! After staring at the Imago webpage for a looong time, I finally settled on the Hunter so that it'll match my Hunter Aeronaut. Still, I think that the Navy and Crimson ones look like much more fun, and I wish it had a brighter colour on the inside!

Quick note that I am now (finally!) an owner of a Cocoa/Cocoa/Wasabi Imago! The cocoa is richer than I expected but I love it anyway It's a wonderful bag and my only gripe right now is that the side ultrasuede lined pockets don't fit my dslite (haven't tried my gameboy sp yet). I'm much happier with this as my daily bag now.

It's gorgeous too!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    Please do! Let me know when it's updated and we'll post it on the blog.

I think (but I'm not 100% sure on this) that one of the new, smaller backpacks will be made out of 1000 denier Cordura, which means these colors would be possibilities: Kelly, Navy, Crimson, Olive, Cocoa, Steel, Plum, Black.

Make sure that Steel and Plum are not left out of the color line up!

When can we see a prototype?

(How come Tom Bihn products are like Apple's? Everybody wants a peak at the newest creation)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0