Like Tree46Likes
  • 1 Post By Biolasundevil
  • 16 Post By timothy
  • 11 Post By jess
  • 3 Post By MtnMan
  • 15 Post By timothy

Thread: Stolen Brain Bag

Stolen Brain Bag

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a Brain Bag consider this...

My car was broken into yesterday and my iPad and really expensive earphones were taken. However, what upset me the most was the fact that they took my Brain Bag with the Freudian Slip. They will probably just throw it away not even knowing what a treasure it is. I've had that bag for 4 years and travel everywhere with it. I used it everyday as both my briefcase and gym bag. It also was my go to bag on frequent flights. My wife doesn't even understand how someone can become so emotionally attached to a bag. The bag was absolutely indestructible and just as good as shape as when I first bought it.
    Janine likes this.

Super Moderator
    Sorry to hear -- where did that happen? The only city where my car's been broken into (and more than once!) is Philadelphia, but nothing Bihn was in it at the time.

That is a sad experience - first that your items were stolen and second that the thief will not know the value of the BB they have taken - a double insult.
    Maybe check on Craigslist or Kijiji as sometimes stolen stuff end up there (if you do, call the police and do not arrange to meet them!).

Hope you get your BB back! If not, look on the bright side - though the BB has hardly changed over the years, this year, they made a significant change IMHO - added a 1050d ballistic nylon bottom and Parapack interior... and more O-Rings to hook things on. All this should help increase durability and usability even more! So, if you get a new one, it will be even better!
    Last edited by tpnl; 08-10-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Zephyr/SA/BB/Co-Pilot (Black/Black/Steel), S25/WF/TS/A45/Pilot (Black/Iberian), DLBP (French Blue), CPF (Black/Indigo/Steel), Ego (Black/Black/Steel with Indigo Stripe), EB (Black/Steel/Steel), Vertical & Horizontal Brain Cells, Vertical and Horizontal FS, Camera I/O, PCBP/PCSB/TT (400d Nordic), SE (Black/Iberian), Lead's Pocket (Black), Tall YSS (Iberian)

Oh dude, what a crummy thing to happen! What color was it? Did you have any other accessories in it?

Although I think you are right about the bag ending up in the trash, it might not. I'd keep a casual eye on Craigslist and eBay. You might also call a few local pawn shops to alert them to electronics arriving in a distinctive backpack. *fingers crossed* that you end up reunited with your BB - and that your first post on the forum is also the saddest one you ever have occasion to make. Welcome!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Super Moderator
    I have a blue and black BB (first TB bag I ever bought -- from a coworker, several years back, after he brooked no argument about the right bag to get for my new work computer), which is actually the least-used of my bags. Maybe just because I like my bags to be the proper color: black

I could send it to you, so you'd have a BB again ... it's definitely doesn't *look* brand new (theft deterrence?), but I think functionally it seems to be! Would tide you over at least ...

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Biolasundevil View Post
    If anyone is on the fence about purchasing a Brain Bag consider this...

My car was broken into yesterday and my iPad and really expensive earphones were taken. However, what upset me the most was the fact that they took my Brain Bag with the Freudian Slip. They will probably just throw it away not even knowing what a treasure it is. I've had that bag for 4 years and travel everywhere with it. I used it everyday as both my briefcase and gym bag. It also was my go to bag on frequent flights. My wife doesn't even understand how someone can become so emotionally attached to a bag. The bag was absolutely indestructible and just as good as shape as when I first bought it.
    Am so sorry
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by timothy View Post
    I have a blue and black BB (first TB bag I ever bought -- from a coworker, several years back, after he brooked no argument about the right bag to get for my new work computer), which is actually the least-used of my bags. Maybe just because I like my bags to be the proper color: black

I could send it to you, so you'd have a BB again ... it's definitely doesn't *look* brand new (theft deterrence?), but I think functionally it seems to be! Would tide you over at least ...

Tim
    This is just one of the many reasons I love the people on this forum…just sayin'

Maybe TB should microchip their bags like they do saddles for horses - its not a tracking device but it would definitely identify it as yours if its ever recovered...the saddles have a patch on them to state the item is microchipped...
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Be sure to check (soon) if there were any security cameras that might have covered the theft. Just this week a rash of car and garage break ins were solved in a nearby neighborhood this way. The police got onto it and discovered that there are probably goods from our neighborhood as well, which was hit last week and is very close to where they were able to nab the culprits.

Sorry for your loss, I would feel the same way. Even my packing cube backpack will be in the trunk from now on.

So sorry to hear about your car being broken into, and your iPad, earphones and Brain Bag being stolen. That is horrible.

I hope you're able to replace everything that was taken from you.

I guess this is an important lesson to make sure when you travel to an unfamiliar or otherwise high-crime area, to find a way to conceal whatever you keep in your vehicle… or to take your belongings inside with you. I don't know if it would work, but taking a dark blanket in your car and concealing your belongings under it might prevent break-ins. I guess travelers really have to watch what they take and where they park.

I hope your luck improves. Again, so sorry for your loss. Any kind of theft or break-in is outrageous. I hope you are able to recover from this. Thanks for sharing, though. It is invaluable to be reminded of the possibilities of what crime can do to ruin a trip.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Thank you everyone for your condolences. This just supports my decision to be a TB Lifer.

So far no luck in locating any of the items. I keep checking Craigslist and Ebay but nothing yet.

Oh well......

Super Moderator
    Yours for as long as you need it, if you'd like Send a PM, and I can get it to you via USPS.

Name:  IMG_20140813_111850.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  404.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Biolasundevil View Post
    Thank you everyone for your condolences. This just supports my decision to be a TB Lifer.

So far no luck in locating any of the items. I keep checking Craigslist and Ebay but nothing yet.

Oh well......
    It's counter-intuitive, but if you are a homeowner sometimes homeowner's insurance will cover items stolen from your car... Depending on your deductible, maybe you can get something back?

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0