Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree163Likes

Thread: Now Available/Back In Stock

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleKnit View Post
    They don't have the wasabi, but they do have the black/solar that they are holding for me. And holding for a while, which is great, in case I get gift cards. Decisions, decisions! I'll have to poke around and look at some pictures now. Fun! Thanks for the advice! They were so damn friendly, too, that it was worth it. Their great customer service rep stands strong.
    Go for it, you'll love it
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

I'm okay with loud - a fan of it, actually. The draw to wasabi is that a) I have a yarn stuff sack of wasabi already and b) I *adore* that shade of green. But now I'm considering just getting a bunch of different colors for my accessory pouches so it's just a flood of color. I also have a steel yarn stuff sack, so it would continue the variety. And I am tempted by not having to wait for wasabi to come back in and the ability to see the contents of the bag with such a bright color. Excitement!

Anyone notice? Now more colors available in TLSS

True! The is wasabi and Iberian available for TLSS for the A45!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    True! The is wasabi and Iberian available for TLSS for the A45!
    IBERIAN?!? Loooooooooooooooooooooove Iberian! I have UV in A30 size, but I fear wife will find it too matchy matchy with the interior of her Steel/UV A30. Ah well, I can always steal it for my A45 (with a little extra end pocket room) and get her a different one if/when they make it in A30 size.
    eWalker likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

well, $45 seems like a lot to me for a stuff sack.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    well, $45 seems like a lot to me for a stuff sack.
    Actually, I thought the price point would be more like $60 because of the unique design. It's really two sacks in one, so there's more material in it than one might think at first glance.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Does anyone know if they are going to make the Ego in more colors? I should say with any color. I need a bag that will get me through graduate school and I think this is it. But the black/black/steel well... I think I'm already around enough stuffy people. I need a little color! School starts Sept. 1st-- need it before then.
    gambcl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lacyfinn View Post
    Does anyone know if they are going to make the Ego in more colors? I should say with any color. I need a bag that will get me through graduate school and I think this is it. But the black/black/steel well... I think I'm already around enough stuffy people. I need a little color! School starts Sept. 1st-- need it before then.
    My guess is no :\ Rather, they won't be making more until the current stock of grey-lined ones is depleted. It's not one of their selling-like-hotcakes bags, so I /think/ it is unlikely they will be making different coloured ones while there current ones are still in stock. Just a guess, though!
    Last edited by adalangdon; 08-17-2014 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    My guess is no :\ Rather, they won't be making more until the current stock of grey-lined ones are depleted. It's not one of their selling-like-hotcakes bags, so I /think/ it is unlikely they will be making different coloured ones while there current ones are still in stock. Just a guess, though!
    Yeah, that and the divider thingy inside. Doesn't sound easy to sew, if you ask me! But not gonna lie, $45 for a dirty clothes sack is /prima facie/ outrageous. Justifiable upon closer examination, though.

The Travel Laundry Stuff Sack is twice the capacity of a Travel Stuff Sack so it needs twice the fabric, the elaborate expandable bottom most probably needs twice the workmanship, hence twice the price of the biggest Travel Stuff Sack.

Spreading the cost over a whole year is 0.123287671, 12 cents a day, which is needed to contribute to salaries and benefits offered to the Tom Bihn Crew.

As fas as durability is concerned, my first Yarn Stuff Sack came with my first Swift which I got in 2006 or 2007.

Still in use and not distinguishable in outward appearance from the other Steel Yarn Stuff Sacks.
    Tom designed many yarn guides before settling for the present one, and I use these various designs to give Yarn Stuff Sacks many non yarn holding duties.
    Last edited by backpack; 08-17-2014 at 08:59 AM.

I dont mind saving longer for something thats made to last..and something that is finally not made in China. Qualtity is too hard to find these days.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    This is a great idea for a thread, and I'm thinking it should actually be something we ourselves, 'cause we have that information right at our fingertips. Would it be cool with you guys if we started a new thread for this purpose (posting when things are back in stock/newly added to the website) and closed this one?
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Lets do it.
    tpnl and Ilkyway like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    This is a great idea for a thread, and I'm thinking it should actually be something we ourselves, 'cause we have that information right at our fingertips. Would it be cool with you guys if we started a new thread for this purpose (posting when things are back in stock/newly added to the website) and closed this one?
    That would be AWESOME! I just didn't think you would have the time to update us like this. You're the best!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0