Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree32Likes
  • 17 Post By yeb90
  • 3 Post By itsablur
  • 1 Post By vivelly
  • 7 Post By binje
  • 3 Post By nathant4
  • 1 Post By yeb90

Thread: Another New Convert

Thumbs up Another New Convert

I bought a Side Effect for my mother's birthday last year which has become her constant companion. I'm not at all surprised that she's drawn to the functionality and incredibly high quality of TB bags. What did surprise me, however, is that my father appears to be hopping on the bandwagon as well. He returned this morning from a trip for which I lent him my A45. When he returned, my mother asked him if he would be interested in a bag like it of his own. He responded, without hesitating, that he would because it's "well made, holds a lot without becoming bulky, and is easy to carry". Without knowing my father it's probably hard to understand the significance of this, but to help you understand I'll tell you that he usually packs in a plastic grocery bag...
    Last edited by yeb90; 08-08-2014 at 11:05 AM. Reason: SP

Quote Originally Posted by yeb90 View Post
    Without knowing my father it's probably hard to understand the significance of this, but to help you understand I'll tell you that he usually packs in a plastic grocery bag...
    I can't think of a more polar opposite packing solution. Maybe a bindle/hobo sack?

Congrats on the converts though! That Side Effect... such a gateway bag...
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

The magic of TB worked even on your dad.:-) No more plastic bags for him I guess...tell him they do shop bags too.
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by yeb90 View Post
    When he returned, my mother asked him if he would be interred in a bag like it of his own.
    Please tell me that autocorrect went a little crazy on you here. I mean, Bihnions are dedicated, but this might be going a bit far.

The A45 is a great bag. Much better than a plastic grocery bag. And I speak from experience, having traveled with many a plastic grocery bag. Incidentally, if you want to ease him in gently, a shop bag might be an excellent intermediate step. I just used a large one for an overnight car trip. It held my clothes and my husband's clothes with a pair of flip flops in each side pocket. It stayed upright in the trunk and was an excellent low key bag for a quick summer trip (with the added advantage of being something that would not catch the attention of our host who happens to be in the marketing department of a major outdoor gear company. I didn't want to show up carrying any backpack-like objects not made by her employers).

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    Please tell me that autocorrect went a little crazy on you here. I mean, Bihnions are dedicated, but this might be going a bit far.
    AAROFL:ROFL:ROFL:ROFL
    AAAAAAIIA_^_
    IIL AAA __/ [] \
    LOL===__ AAAA \
    IIL AAIAA \______]
    AAAAAIAAAI I I
    AAAAAAA--------/

Disclaimer: Note that ROFLCOPTER does not show up correctly on mobile devices Please view on computer for best effect!
    Last edited by nathant4; 08-08-2014 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Format the ASCII better

Quote Originally Posted by binje View Post
    Whoops! It sure did. Thank you for pointing that out.
    binje likes this.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0