• 16 Post By kkintea
  • 2 Post By bermudajes
  • 6 Post By Marsha
  • 5 Post By kkintea
  • 3 Post By autolycus

Thread: I didn't need a new small bag, but I pulled the trigger on one anyways

I didn't need a new small bag, but I pulled the trigger on one anyways

Thanks, enablers.

I got a Night Flight in coyote, only because the pictures are so awesome and my Qkit in coyote was so awesome. I already have a carry on bag only slightly smaller than this one, and a duffel bag a bit larger than this one. I do not NEED this bag.

And because the interior is steel, and all the other stuff I have is either black dyneema or iberian, I had to get a 3D fabric organizer cube in steel to corral all those various small things while traveling. And a clear organizer pouch just because (I plan to use it for holding my earrings etc while traveling).
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps.

I didn't need one either and had not planned on getting it all, but thought what the heck. I also have the coyote/steel. Once I received it, I'm finding lots of uses for it and it turned out to be quite handy. The NFTD was exactly the right size for a recent weekend end trip and tucked away under the seats easily (MD80 & EJ-145). It was also so light to carry, I barely knew it was there.

I'm enjoying the bag very much.
    Janine likes this.

I didn't NEED the Night Flight, either. I already have a slightly larger duffel (which will be donated as soon as my NF arrives) and I had a Synapse 19 (which I just sold) - so while I could've been OK with those two options, I wanted to find something that would better work for my needs.

Or, you know, I'm just justifying my purchase
    ncb4 and Janine like this.

I didn't need a new small bag, but I pulled the trigger on one anyways

Inaugural run!

Getting on parking shuttle I got asked if that was all my luggage accompanied by an incredulous look. Oh silly non-bihnion! There are 13 days of clothes in that fabulous NFTD. I'm also packing a canon with extra lens. I did have to put a pair of sandals in the shop bag due to their size 10 enormity, but.... ta da!

so NF was the winner? what color are you getting?

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    There are 13 days of clothes in that fabulous NFTD.
    @kkintea - maybe I missed it, but have you posted a packing list?? I'm pretty confident I can do a two or three day trip with the NFTD (though the bag is not yet in my possession) but I was just SURE I needed an A30 for my longer trips. You give me hope!

I bought two NFTD... one in black and one in black Dyneema. Why?

Well, how does anyone expect me to choose?!?!

I'm on a layover, so here it is. The main compartment has 2 pack-it specter half cubes vertically - this allows space for socks in the mesh inner zip pocket.

One end has another half cube, qkit, and TSS 1. In the other end is a quarter cube and a travel tray. There is a lot of room in the end pocket - enough to lay TT upright with the quarter cube on top of it.

The NFTD packed contents:
    - 1 pair shorts
    - 2 skirts
    - 4 dresses
    - 1 pair yoga pants
    - 5 tank tops
    - 4 t-shirts
    - 12 underwear
    - 1 swimsuit
    - 2 bras

I'm wearing jeans and merrells. I have a light cardigan and sandals in the companion shop bag. The canon is also in the shop bag in an insert inside a TSS 3 so that it stays under the seat by me. 3-1-1 and iPad mini are in the shop bag in the pockets (bag is inside out).

I have more than enough for the trip. I could do laundry but would rather just enjoy my time away. All the clothes are rolled into the cubes. Nothing is overstuffed. The bag is very comfy to carry, especially by the handles. It looks teeny tiny in the overhead bin, but it really packs a punch in terms of capacity.

I agree it would also be nice as a front seat bag with items throw in casually. I can't see it as a carry around camera bag. The shape for that function is not ideal IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    I'm on a layover, so here it is. The main compartment has 2 pack-it specter half cubes vertically - this allows space for socks in the mesh inner zip pocket.

One end has another half cube, qkit, and TSS 1. In the other end is a quarter cube and a travel tray. There is a lot of room in the end pocket - enough to lay TT upright with the quarter cube on top of it.

The NFTD packed contents:
    - 1 pair shorts
    - 2 skirts
    - 4 dresses
    - 1 pair yoga pants
    - 5 tank tops
    - 4 t-shirts
    - 12 underwear
    - 1 swimsuit
    - 2 bras

I'm wearing jeans and merrells. I have a light cardigan and sandals in the companion shop bag. The canon is also in the shop bag in an insert inside a TSS 3 so that it stays under the seat by me. 3-1-1 and iPad mini are in the shop bag in the pockets (bag is inside out).

I have more than enough for the trip. I could do laundry but would rather just enjoy my time away. All the clothes are rolled into the cubes. Nothing is overstuffed. The bag is very comfy to carry, especially by the handles. It looks teeny tiny in the overhead bin, but it really packs a punch in terms of capacity.

I agree it would also be nice as a front seat bag with items throw in casually. I can't see it as a carry around camera bag. The shape for that function is not ideal IMO.
    OK, I got my NFTD last night, so I haven't even held a piece of clothing up to it, but... I will be absolutely floored if, as a man, I can fit anywhere near half as many items of clothing as that list. There is clearly one huge advantage to being female: your clothes are just lighter and pack smaller!

Thank you for this list! it's very helpful. I purchased both a ballistic and a black dyneema NF. Definitely keeping the dyneema one and your post has solidified my decision. Enjoy your vacation!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0