Horizontal Brain Cell Fit Question...

I was looking at the interior dimensions for the HBC 2XL and see it is approx. 2.25" deep. I am wondering how much leeway there is in that number. I have an HP NX9420 with the Ultra Capacity battery attached (makes for almost 10hrs of untethered working time!!) This makes the laptop sort-of wedge shaped toward the rear.

The max thickness is about 2.7". So my question is do you think there will there be enough give in the case for the laptop to fit with the battery attached?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by grumpy3b; 01-04-2007 at 12:04 PM.

I work at Tom Bihn

Give

The cases do typically have some give in them, as far as squeezing a little extra space out of them. I would say you could pretty comfortably fit up to 2.5 or 2.6 inches in the 2.25 dimensions of the 2XL. The 2.7 would likely fit, it will just be a pretty tight squeeze and chances are you'll have to pull at the top a bit to get it to close. You can gain a little extra space as well by adjusting the sling that the laptop sits in at the bottom of the case. Especially if your laptop isn't filling the maximum dimenions of the case in the length and width, you should be okay with the getting a little extra out of your height dimension.

I'd say give it a try!!

Oh, one more thing. My suggestion is putting the end that's wider due to the extra capacity battery down in the bottom of the case. If you have the thinner edge along the topside of the case it will be easier to close.

Hi Nicole,

Thanks for the info. From looking at the pics I suspected there would be enough give to them. I just wanted to be sure. I mean I could remove the extra battery and slide it into the pouch but who wants to do thaaaaat...

Also thanks for the comment about sitcking it in fat end first. I was going to ask about that too...but my thought it it would balance the load better with the weightier part at the bottom of the bag. see gmta...

Anyway, I ordered a 2XL in Olive last night along with an Ultimate Strap. I also am wanting a Super Ego. I am going to hold off because I need to drive up to Seattle sometime in early March to pick up my better-half and her junk for the summer, so I thought we could come visit the factory store and I could decide then. Who knows by then Tom might have a cool new strap to try out...???? hehehehehe...

Thanks so much for the info and cannot wait for them to start shipping later this month. ...ummm....the 2XL is on schedule, riiiight?

I work at Tom Bihn

on schedule!

All seems well as far as I can tell for shipping for the 2XL. Congratulations on your new purchase, I'm sure you'll love it! (I love mine!) Keep us posted about the fit with that extra capacity battery.

Do try to stop by in March, the Factory Showroom is definitely something to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    All seems well as far as I can tell for shipping for the 2XL. Congratulations on your new purchase, I'm sure you'll love it! (I love mine!) Keep us posted about the fit with that extra capacity battery.

Do try to stop by in March, the Factory Showroom is definitely something to see.
    OK...so I can "quote" you on that....I know awful pun!! But have been reading the Callahan Novels by Spider Robinson so punning seems to be part of the deal.

And so YOU have your own 2XL...hmmmm...inside access, huh? hehehehehe...seriously thanks for the update. I'll post a couple pics when I get everything all setup to show how well it fits.

Keep the puppy dawgs & kitties warm...I saw it's about 25ish up there right now...brrrrrcold...

ok...I got my lappy now where is my bag? hehehehehe....sorry, must be my midlife crisis or something...

I work at Tom Bihn

received?

Have you gotten the 2XL yet?? They are back in stock and yours should have shipped. Anxious to know if it works for you!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0