Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    We took a new picture of the Archetype last night:
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB1300

Do you think that picture better represents how the cork material looks in person? I think it's a vast improvement over the previous picture.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

I wasn't before but now I'm curious as to what this cork is like in person. Also curious as to what this christmas pouch looks like. Could someone post a picture of it? Is it just a small organizer pouch?

Volunteer Moderator

I just got a little gift. . . bring back other fabrics, too?

Thanks, Darcy & Co. What a great thing to find when I got back from the holidays! I agree with the other posters that I wouldn't have thought cork fabric would look so neat "in person".
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    We took a new picture of the Archetype last night:
    http://www.tombihn.com/page/001/PROD/TBP/TB1300

Do you think that picture better represents how the cork material looks in person? I think it's a vast improvement over the previous picture.
    Yup, that looks much better than the previous picture. But I've been meaning to raise another question about alternate fabrics for pouches and bags. The Imago Metrics review of the Imago posted in your Blog reminded me that there were three fabric options introduced for the Archetype: Cork Fabric, Brushed Stainless MajiliteŽ, and Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ. I liked the look of the Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ shown holding the MacBook in the Imago Metrics review, but I notice that only Cork Fabric has been available for some time. Any possibility of bringing back some of these other fabrics for your pouches?

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Thanks, Darcy & Co. What a great thing to find when I got back from the holidays! I agree with the other posters that I wouldn't have thought cork fabric would look so neat "in person".

Yup, that looks much better than the previous picture. But I've been meaning to raise another question about alternate fabrics for pouches and bags. The Imago Metrics review of the Imago posted in your Blog reminded me that there were three fabric options introduced for the Archetype: Cork Fabric, Brushed Stainless MajiliteŽ, and Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ. I liked the look of the Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ shown holding the MacBook in the Imago Metrics review, but I notice that only Cork Fabric has been available for some time. Any possibility of bringing back some of these other fabrics for your pouches?

Darcy !

I completely second that.

Please, please, please (homage to James Brown) show us a pictures of the alternative fabrics for the pouches!

Tom Bihn's Holiday gift has created a monster..... lol

Joy
    Quote Originally Posted by timarelay View Post
    Is it just a small organizer pouch?
    I don't have a picture, but it's a small organizer pouch with black fabric on the back, and cork fabric on the front.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I liked the look of the Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ shown holding the MacBook in the Imago Metrics review, but I notice that only Cork Fabric has been available for some time. Any possibility of bringing back some of these other fabrics for your pouches?
    I also liked the Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ and the Brushed Stainless Majilite fabrics, but Cork was decidedly the most popular material that the Archetype was available in, so we decided to make the Archetype in Cork only. We do have a small quantity of both of those fabrics/materials left, and we're currently offering Super Ego strips in Snow Leopard UltrasuedeŽ, Galvanized Majilite, and Cork.

I'll ask June (our awesome factory manager) how much we have left in those fabrics and if we could make pouches out of them. All three of those fabrics/materials are very expensive, and the pouches made out of those fabrics would likely cost a little bit more.

In other pouch news: Organizer Pouches are now available in Kelly and Navy. The Kelly is an amazing color.....
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Here's a picture of the Cork pouch....

See also: new Organizer Pouch pictures.

Last edited by Darcy; 01-04-2007 at 01:31 PM.

I too was surprised to receive my pouch and it truly did make my day!
    I have an Ipod living in threr now and it seems very happy.
    I also like the sticker but more significant was simply the idea that you guys do care.

Thanks
    Ed

Volunteer Moderator
    Umm.. you mean "More Small" and then "More Medium"? =D

Quote Originally Posted by Just View Post
    Umm.. you mean "More Small" and then "More Medium"? =D
    oops!! Fixed

P.S. What do you guys think of the Kelly? We can't get enough of it here. Especially the Kelly/Navy color combination that you'll soon see in the Imago and Buzz...

And below is a picture that's kindof an experiment. Does it give you a better sense of how big the small Organizer Pouch really is?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Darcy; 01-05-2007 at 01:14 PM.

Volunteer Moderator
    And below is a picture that's kind of an experiment. Does it give you a better sense of how big the small Organizer Pouch really is?
    Personally, not really, as the writing on the dry erase board doesn't really make the measurements intuitive (and dry erase boards come in all sizes). I would have thought maybe side-by-side with a soda can... or, alternatively, with the stuff people would put in it.. cell phone, PDA, iPod, various flash drives, cables, make-up, etc?

Smile

In other pouch news: Organizer Pouches are now available in Kelly and Navy. The Kelly is an amazing color.....
    Oh, Darcy! I love the Kelly! & of course, I love it even more because that's my surname! I'm a proud woman of my Irish heritage!

I definitely want one of these now...

-A.

PS I received my small cafe bag yesterday & I'm so happy with it! I don't know what I did without it! Now... I just think I'll have to get a medium or large size one for travel sometime soon, especially if that larger size will fit a flute case... *grin*

PPS The cork is very cool as well! As a flute repair tech (who happened to be working with the REAL stuff today, it made me smile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0