Post Brain Cell Laptop fit?

I was wondering if a macbook pro 15-incher with the attached Speck seethru hardcase shell would fit into the 4X horizontal brain cell?

The seethru hard case is listed here,

http://www.speckproducts.com/for-macbook.html

That's a sweet looking shell man! I hope you're getting the clear one.

I just bought the vertical brain cell for my MBP and it fits pretty snug with no more than a cm of give on each end. It's really snug lengthwise though and I don't know if you would be able to get the top flap completely closed with the shell on.

I'd have to know the dimensions of the MBP with the shell attached to say for sure. It kind of sucks they don't give it to you on their site. Maybe e-mail the company and ask them and then compare that with the interior dimensions on the Bihn website here.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    nutello -

I've answered this question in your first forum thread.

I've emailed Speck and asked them how thick the Speck case is. I will let you know what their answer is when I receive a reply.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by brown View Post
    I'd have to know the dimensions of the MBP with the shell attached to say for sure. It kind of sucks they don't give it to you on their site. Maybe e-mail the company and ask them and then compare that with the interior dimensions on the Bihn website here.
    Wow! I think we posted our replies at almost the same time
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Sorry for the double post for this bit... But there wasn't any answers to the earlier post and I was getting anxious...

Yup I got the clear shell, and it looks great, of course it would look just as great in the bag. I'll go back and measure the whole thing with the case attached and post the dimensions here.

Well I measured the laptop with the case on, and it overall adds about 5mm overall to each dimension of the macbook pro.

Hope it would still be able to fit in the horizontal brain cell.

darned Mac folks get all the cool toys!!

Good news!

nutello received his Brain Cell and his 15.4" MBP with the Speck case on fits snugly inside of it.

Attached is a picture he took of his MBP (with the Speck case on) inside of his new Brain Cell.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

She's a beaut! Looks like it fits perfectly. I'm jealous of your Speck case nutello. I hope you never ever have to deal with a scratched notebook because of it.

Can you tell me if it makes the processor run any hotter on the MBP?

Nutello, how do you like the Speck case? I just got a MBP 15" too. But I've already scratched it.

Sorry for not replying earlier... I haven't been to these forums in a while... Oh as for the Speck case... It's great... Does add a little bit more of weight to the overall weight of the Macbook Pro but it's the protection that counts right.

A little downside is that there is no way to access the battery with the case on. But overall the Speck case works great. Oh and the Brain Cell does to!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0