Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 1 Post By jess
  • 4 Post By scribe
  • 3 Post By taminca
  • 2 Post By adalangdon
  • 3 Post By Ginkgo
  • 3 Post By Ilkyway

Thread: Did they add new colors for the Side Effect and LCB along with the S19 today?

Did they add new colors for the Side Effect and LCB along with the S19 today?

I feel like there are more colors than when I checked yesterday…or am I imagining it? I think the Navy/Solar SE is new and that there are a few new colors in the LCB. And the S19's ooooh I feel my willpower breaking...
    eWalker likes this.

I don't know - I haven't looked at the Side Effect options in a while.

Have to say I'm a teeny bit tempted by the black dyneema/wasabi, but I have a black dyneema PSCB so it would be somewhat redundant. I wish they'd make more parapack options again, as I find ballistic nylon to be a bit stiff at the small size of the Side Effect.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

+1 on Parapack SE!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I have been wondering whether TB will again make SE in parapack - I definitely want one.

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I feel like there are more colors than when I checked yesterday…or am I imagining it? I think the Navy/Solar SE is new and that there are a few new colors in the LCB. And the S19's ooooh I feel my willpower breaking...
    Yup, I do believe the Navy/Solar is new. There are more options on the drop-down for sure. But as I've been checking while chanting "Ki-wi! Ki-wi! Ki-wi" in my head, I cannot be blamed for failing to remember what's new and what's not T__T

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Yup, I do believe the Navy/Solar is new. There are more options on the drop-down for sure. But as I've been checking while chanting "Ki-wi! Ki-wi! Ki-wi" in my head, I cannot be blamed for failing to remember what's new and what's not T__T
    The Navy/Solar SE option has been around for a year in Ballistic Nylon, but may not have been recently available. They've never done a SE in Kiwi, And they've also never done SEs in 200d Iberian or Ultravioket Dyneema, Wasabi had a Side Effect production run a year ago.

HTH moriond

moriond, had there been SEs in Cordura? That would expand the color-choices so much. But I am not sure if Cordura would be a good choice of material for a SE?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    moriond, had there been SEs in Cordura? That would expand the color-choices so much. But I am not sure if Cordura would be a good choice of material for a SE?
    The "original" SEs had been in Cordura, from a few years back. That was one reason I held off from buying one, because I found that my Cordura Ristretto was causing pilling where it rubbed against my shirt. I jumped onto the bandwagon when SE was re-released in Ballistic, and when Solar came back. I've been a Navy/Solar SE user now for about a couple of years. And for my upcoming vacay, I think I'm going to break out my brand-new NORDIC/Solar SE!

Ginkgo: thank you, that is what I feared (that the material would not be ideal). I love thous little bags and am willing to collect quite a few more. A steel/ballistic one is in my basket now.
    Today I found another use for SEs: My 200er Dyneema holds a rolled up small Shoping bag with two third-party shopingbags (which are not so compftable but really tiny) in each of the inner pockets. Now I have the outer zipper-pocket for a pen and paper for shopping lists and a clear Organizer Wallet for shop-cards. I like how fast I can roll up the shop-bag in the SE. It is fast and neat. And this works (for me) best with 200er Dyneema.

Ilkyway

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0