Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: First batch of Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronaut 30s closed?

Talking First batch of Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronaut 30s closed?

Just happened to look at the A30 page and noticed that the Aubergine/Wasabi option is now on backorder until late September, not mid August any more. This would imply that either the first Aubergine production batch has been delayed, or it's been closed and future orders will go into the back-order batch scheduled later.

Due to cashflow issues I haven't been able to order an A30 yet, but I think late September (or more realistically given the over-deliver ethos) mid September is doable... my birthday is in mid September so maybe a birthday gift for myself!

And to those of you who ordered your Aubergine A30s already - looks like you might be next in the queue!
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

My Aubergine/Wasabi Aeronout is on its way. So it seems they are shipping the first batch now and the next batch is in the loop for being build for mid September.

Hope this helps.
    eWalker likes this.

I feel there are new designs about to be revealed.

I can't wait!
    eWalker likes this.

share? sources held confidential.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    share? sources held confidential.
    I said feel, there is no source.

Introducing Black 400d DyneemaŽ/nylon - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

Introducing Aubergine 1050d ballistic nylon - TOM BIHN Blog: We make travel bags in Seattle, Washington

This is from the Blog, archives do not go further than 2011.

I love TB History, I wish there was an History/Virtual Museum page but the COO, Darcy is really busy.

Oh I forgot, in the fall of 2013 Skookum Dog was launched.

I am always amazed at the amount of creativity, Tom and the Wonderful Crew displays every season.

Always something new, for example, this summer, the Q-Kit, the Travel Laundry Stuff Sack and the expansion of the Double Pouch line.

I forgot the A30, the Night Flight and especially the Daylight Backpack because I have conditioned myself* to Not Think about them.

Especially the Daylight Backpack, which, I could barely contain myself to order in bulk.

* I have used the clicker method, you don't click on the Daylight Backpack links, you get to link on all the Double Pouches, Q-Kits and Travel Laundry Stuff Sacks links and videos while speculating about their future use in EDCs and Travel setups.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-24-2014 at 02:05 PM.

This news makes me feel like a kid who has just been told that Santa back-ordered all Christmas toys until the end of February. Aack!

I have two Aubergine items on back-order: the Night Flight and an A30 which I just ordered two days ago, so obviously I missed the first batch. "But late September?" she howled. "That's like forever in TB-Obsessor Time."

Just call me Mopey the Eighth Dwarf. Now what I can I do to pass the endless weeks until the fall equinox? Let's see what bags are in stock....
    Last edited by ncb4; 07-24-2014 at 02:12 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    This news makes me feel like a kid who has just been told that Santa back-ordered all Christmas toys until the end of February. Aack!

I have two Aubergine items on back-order: the Night Flight and an A30 which I just ordered two days ago, so obviously I missed the first batch. "But late September?" she howled. "That's like forever in TB-Obsessor Time."

Just call me Mopey the Eighth Dwarf. Now what I can I do to pass the endless weeks until the fall equinox? Let's see what bags are in stock....
    Ncb4, you have been on the forum long enough to know that the Crew always gives the most conservative estimates.

But, many of my orders scheduled right in the middle of the extremely busy winter Holidays or the early Spring "getting ready for travel season" or Fall "back to school season" have been shipped early.

For example, many late months scheduled re-stock, have been happening by mid-month or even early in that same month.
    ncb4 and eWalker like this.

Ilkyway,
    Did you order packing cubes or just the a30?

i keep checking, but no shipment notice for me yet
    eWalker likes this.

I went a bit ruthless and order a bit of everything on the new menu (left only the Daylighter out, needed to sleep on that one) 5 minutes after the launch. I hope you hear something real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Ncb4, you have been on the forum long enough to know that the Crew always gives the most conservative estimates....many of my orders scheduled right in the middle of the extremely busy winter Holidays or the early Spring "getting ready for travel season" or Fall "back to school season" have been shipped early....
    I know, I know, @backpack. I think it's a measure of how excited I am about the June debuts that I'm finding it hard to be patient!

Mine is on the way! I also ordered packing cubes (large, small and end pocket), an absolute strap, stuff sack and a few odds and ends. Everything seems to have shipped together
    eWalker likes this.

I think I got the last one. I ordered mine on the 22nd and it shipped yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

Mine just arrived! I love the colour. I'm at work, though, so I'll have to wait until later to really check it out.

Sorry for the out of subject but I feel that my post #5 response to Meekasmom was a bit terse.

Including the reference to Darcy who is the nicest COO, I ever met and most probably on the planet.

I can only apologize, and take it as a lesson, to not post when I have a headache.

Back to the regular scheduled program of Waiting for A30 (and assorted goodies so it won't be lonely)

Last edited by backpack; 07-28-2014 at 12:35 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Sorry for the out of subject but I feel that my post #5 response to Meekasmom was a bit terse.

Including the reference to Darcy who is the nicest COO, I ever met and most probably on the planet.

I can only apologize, and take it as a lesson, to not post when I have a headache.

Back to the regular scheduled program of Waiting for A30 (and assorted goodies so it won't be lonely)

Hi Backpack, it can definitely be hard to read tone into the written word on such forums. I read your reply with more of an excited, psychic-like energy, based on the many posts I've read of yours. I thought you were taking your history and love of TB products and trying to project your desire for more products into reality.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0