Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself (and welcome new folks)

Greetings folks!

Wife and I are from Morocco, currently in Japan, and we just received bunch of amazing TB items (will post photos soon).

We are new to TB and we look forward to enjoy our awesome bags and be addicted (we are already...)

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Hannah's Avatar
    Hi everyone! I should have done this earlier. I'm Hannah, a recent arrival to Tom Bihn. I moved to Seattle about five months ago and had never heard of Tom Bihn before then (can you believe it?) I graduated as a Lit/Creative Writing student and write short stories on the side (usually horror or fantasy!) When I'm not at the Bihn, I'm usually delving into video games or jotting a few story ideas down. I'm still in the baby stages of my Bihn bag ownage, as I only have a Side Effect (I'm on the team for Aubergine/Wasabi everything!) and a Pocket Pouch.

I've got my eye on an Aero 30 in Aubergine/Wasabi next... soon. Soon.

Hello all,
    I am Arnie and that IS my real name. I live in CT, USA with my wife and two daughters. I discovered Tom Bihn on another forum and love the TB bags and the TB philosophy. I also love the fact that they are American made. I own a Smart Alec (Black /Steel) that I use for either a carry-on or an overnight bag, a Synapse 19 (Black Dyneema / Wasabi) that serves as my daily work bag, and an Aeronaut (Black / Iberian) that is my one bag carry for most trips. At a recent party, I met someone that lives in Seattle but has never heard of TB. I was aghast and told this fellow that he needed to look into it!

Hello everyone! I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I will admit that I joined today because 1) I didn't know there was a MEMBERS-ONLY forum which I will head to right after this... 2) out of 70+ responses, there have already been two fellow Minnesotans who have posted. Birds of a feather, don't cha know? 3) everyone here is so helpful and so kind. It's hard NOT to be a part of this great community. 4) I love Tom Bihn bags.

I began researching minimalist travel after I pretty seriously strained my back while trying to hoist a ridiculously overpacked 22" roller bag into the overhead compartment of an airplane during a trip. Yes, I will admit; I was THAT person. My family lives all over the country now so I travel much more frequently. This was not okay! Determined to change my packing ways, I purchased a cross-body weekender bag that was much more fashion than function. This bag had a useless shoulder strap, bulky design, and pockets that didn't hold much and didn't make sense. Again, this was not okay! I searched high and low for a beautiful, functional, and well-made bag to accompany me on my travels. I settled on Tom Bihn's bags for these reasons plus the fact that they are manufactured here in the good ole USA is awesome.

Here comes the "downside" to my story. I am now addicted Tom Bihn bags. In the past 2 months, I have purchased a Tri-star and now a Western Flyer that I have yet to use. Regardless, I am already looking at getting a Synapse 19, Pilot, and Aeronaut 30. I don't think this will ever stop. Me joining this forum will only increase my obsession. Thanks, everyone!
    Last edited by deemav; 08-19-2014 at 06:01 PM.

Hi everbody - eightspokedb here - Ellen everywhere else. Found Tom Bihn while searching for a 'small, east/west, crossbody bag'. The first time I saw the Side Effect all I said was 'oh my'. That usually sells it - but I was foolish and didn't buy one.

I was a data entry/library clerk/customer service person for 30+ years - now retired (not my choice) and now earn my keep as a house sitter/dog au pair in the wilds of mid Michigan. Used to live in the Southeast but will never go back - I love mild summers and SNOW!!! As long as I have wifi, books, and satellite radio I am good to go.

Aside from Tom Bihn my passions are ice hockey (BOSTON BRUINS - the reason I get out of bed every day!!!!), mostly dogs but really all animals (especially forest creatures), music (everything from big hair metal to classical, whatever makes me happy), books (historical fiction - now reading Outlander), some movies (Gone With The Wind - every time it's on!!!, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables, Slap Shot, Oh Brother Where Art Thou, Young Victoria, many others), simple basic photography (used to do the big SLR but now just have a fabulous point-and-shoot), and my trusty Clip Zip mp3 player.

So far I have the black 3DFOP, forest/wasabi Pocket Pouch, small forest OP, steel micro pouch, and TB wrist strap. Still have my eye on an SE in the future....and I have a Tom Bihn ruler...

Used to be a 'does it come in black' person - but as most of you know - I LOVE GREEN!!!!!

That's it -
    Last edited by eightspokedb; 08-19-2014 at 07:59 PM.
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

Hi, my forum name is ludovicus. I am originally from Japan, currently living in Detroit, Michigan. I work as a translator and also a PC Technician. I donít remember how exactly got myself landed on the Tom Bihnís web page, but it all started with my old win7 PC started to show its wear earlier this spring. After fixing & giving tech supports to so many win8 PC users, I decided that I will not go with PC with my next laptop. So, I purchased a macbook air 13Ē (2014). My love of the tool that I use for daily work is limitless and soon I started to look for the bag specifically made for my new laptop.

I was looking for a laptop backpack that handle everything that life throws at it, from daily hustle and busts to a getaway trip to up north. I was looking for a bag that can handle week-long (5 business days) conference trips, but without requiring me to carry the whole backpack once I arrive at conference halls. Which led me to realize that I needed two bag. One compact but very protective briefcase and a bag that can carry that with all other clothing and gears for each trips. I somehow landed on Tom Bihn and once I saw the ďBrain Bag with Brain cellsĒ, I felt like I saw my dream bag in reality!

One worry was that my small statue. Iím about 5ft (Okay, I admit Iím 4í11ĒÖ). And many of the review over the internet videos led me to be reviews of taller dudes. I saw one picture where a child was carrying his (or his parentsí ) brain bag. But one picture really didnít tell me much, and I wasnít too sure. I decided to email the tom bihnís customer service center. They had answered each of my silly questions honestly, rather than just focusing selling their products.

Now that I obtained the brain bag, I use it every day. For other people, the bag may look a bit big on me and might think disproportional to my body size, certainly it will look different from seeing the bag on 6 feet persons. But I didnít buy the bag for the looks, what it mattered the most to me was the toughness and easiness of carrying it around. I will say I can comfortably carry my bag around and I can carry all the things I need to pack with ease!

Iím now thinking of getting a bag for my friend as a birthday gift. And also Iím wondering on getting either Smart Alec or Synapse 25, Pilot/ID, and a cafe bag for myself. Yes, Iím happily to admit that I am hooked on Tom Bihn Bags!

Another great thing is that Iím a hardcore very loyal Marinerís fan since I was about 5 yrs old when I was in the little league back in Japan. (My coach was big fan of Big Unit & Dan the Man, so he kind of brain washed me to love the team!) I still hadnít had a chance to visit Seattle, but I feel like I can smell the Seattle, when I get bag from Tom Bihn! The only thing is, I still havenít figure out, how to get box arts like some folks are posting them on here.

Forgive me, I wrote too much, but when I'm excited I tends to talk too much! Forgive me also, if my English is poor to understand.

Hi All!

Long time lurker here. I first heard about Tom Bihn from one of the forums on one bag travelling. I bought my first bag, a Synapse 25, shortly after it debuted last year. Unfortunately, being a shorty (5'0" and "tiny"), the bag did not fit me as well as I'd like. Living in Seattle meant that I was able to trek down to the Factory and exchange it for the lovely Synapse 19. I was doing very well in terms of resisting the urges to break my bank for some TB goodies up until yesterday, when I decided enough was enough! In my moments of weakness, I ecstatically and feverishly placed an order for an Aeronaut 30 and a slew of accessories (goodbye paycheck!).
    I know joining the forum isn't going to help my addiction........but............oh well.

hello hello, i'm jushijuice (a play on words from a nickname and a beloved children's juice) and i hail from the mitten state! i stumbled upon tom bihn half a year ago when i was reading a reddit thread about buy-it-for-life travel gear. from then on, i've been following tom bihn and lurking on the forums to read about everyone's overwhelming love for the products. after going through a few cycles of seeing the products be available and then go into backorder status, i finally pulled the trigger and bought an aeronaut 45, a double organizer pouch, and a travel tray. it's supposed to arrive today (omgsoexcitedcan'tbreatheikeeponcheckingonups).

i'm a bag girl through and through and can't wait to discuss and share the excitement here on the forums

Quote Originally Posted by ludovicus View Post
    Hi, my forum name is ludovicus. I am originally from Japan, currently living in Detroit, Michigan.
    Quote Originally Posted by jushijuice View Post
    hello hello, i'm jushijuice (a play on words from a nickname and a beloved children's juice) and i hail from the mitten state!
    I had no idea there was so much TB love in Michigan! Fellow Michigander here, living in Ann Arbor but SPARTAN FOR LIFE
    resisting the urge to spend every paycheck on TB goods...

Hello!

I first discovered TB bags years ago, in my quest for the perfect EDC bag. I am a bagaholic, and I found bag heaven when I discovered TB. I admire the quality of the bags, the excellent customer service, and the integrity of the company. I own more TB bags than I care to admit.

My current EDC is a black dyneema DLBP during the work week and a black parapack 3DFOC with a 5/8" shoulder strap, used as a simple purse, on the weekends. I am currently experiencing the thrill of TBAS. I have a MCB and various accessories due to arrive on Monday. Yea! My secret shame is that I live relatively close to the TB store, and I still have yet to visit. I must fix that soon.

I finally decided to join the forums now, after years of lurking, so that I could say "thank you". I have spent hours happily reading bag reviews, learning how people use and customize their bags, and generally being amazed at the sense of community on the forums. I have learned a lot from everyone here and just wanted to express my gratitude to all.

Thank you!

Howdy all,

Kickz is my handle here but I occasionally answer to Ken.
    Long time owner, forum lurker for the better part of a year & as of now first time forum poster.

[Anyone care to guess what my first TB purchase was? HintÖPortable Culture tag; Black main body, Cardinal side and Cardinal front; sized for a MacBook 13; convenient mobile phone holder on strap.]

I travel extensively for work and love to search the WWW for better travel solutions to my various needs. One day, a long time ago, my search for a new edc bag for my laptop led me to Tom Bihn and since that time I havenít been able to quit the site or their wonderful products.

Over the years I have made multiple purchases, often to the consternation of my better half. To date my collection includes: the above mentioned bag, a MCB, TS & S19 [my go to travel solution], S,M & L TSPCs, 5 other organizer cubes, 2 TTs, 3 POPs, 4 DOPs, 3 PPs, a COW and multiple key straps to keep everything at hand.

I rarely join forums, mostly because I dislike the negativity that often creeps into the forums. I can honestly say in all of my lurking around the TB forums I have never seen such a positive and caring community online. I have learned so much from all of you and hope that in some way I can contribute to the community.

Cheers,
    Kickz

I'm Madi'sMom (although most people call me Danielle) and I live in Nova Scotia with my daughter (Madi). I discovered Tom Bihn a couple years ago via a Knitty article about the special 10th anniversary Swift.

I didn't buy anything until last year when I began planning our trip. My daughter and I went to Vietnam this summer to see my brother and I wanted a carry-on that could fit under the airplane seat and also double as a day-pack. I eventually decided on a Smart Alec (black/steel) with both extra pockets (although I didn't end up using the lower one). It was perfect. I also carried a side effect (olive/ultraviolet) via the waist strap so the passports and money (both in pockets clipped inside) were always on my person. A second side-effect (black/wasabi) acted as a first aid kit during day trips. Plus I had a 3-1-1 bag, a toiletry bag, a couple of packing cubes, and an assortment of smaller pouches and pockets.

For everyday at home, the Smart Alec is my go-to overnight bag. I also have a medium cafe bag (black/wasabi) for purse and a Swift (forest/wasabi) for my knitting. The collection of pouches, packing cubes, and yarn sacks is now bordering on ridiculous. I want an Aeronaut but haven't figured out which size or how to justify it yet. I also want a Little Swift because my big one is sometimes too big. Hoping for some new, not-black-or-purple colours when the Little Swift reappears.

Hello,

I'm a newbie to discovering Tom Bihn bags and so very, very excited to be going to the TB store for my first bag tomorrow! I'm pretty sure it will be the Co-Pilot, but I think a Cafe bag will be tempting me, too.

I so appreciate the thread that explains abbreviations and I'm enjoying the videos and forums immensely.

Best wishes to you all!

Greetings!

Like many here, I am a bagaholic. I first learned of Tom Bihn years ago when I was searching for a bag to carry my old Sony Vaio SZ, but wasn't entirely sure I wanted to spend the money at the time on the bag. For years I had sworn by North Face and Timbuk2, but every once in awhile my internet searches would take me back to Tom Bihn. My curiosity piqued a few months ago when I was looking for a lighter weight messenger bag to ease some weight off of my back. I looked at and carefully researched the Medium Cafe Bag and kept waffling between the Tom Bihn MCB vs. Eagle Creek. In the end I decided to jump the gun on Tom Bihn after reading years and years of positive reviews of the bags.

When I received the box and opened it, it was love at first sight. It was light, beautiful, and had a small profile I had been looking for in a bag. The bag was so nice that my mother fell in love with the bag, and asked to have one ordered for herself and my younger sister. My sister loves her bag so much, she is worried about getting it dirty and almost treats it as one of her more expensive purses. My mother also loves her bag to the point I see her use more than I thought she would. Needless to say, my plans for getting more MCB in different colors failed. I secretly wished they wouldn't like their bags so that I could take theirs, too.

I do not typically join forums, but after spending so much time lurking on the forums I thought it was about time to go ahead and join and be a part of the fun.

Hello Everyone!

Excited to finally post in this forum and introduce myself and be part of this fun! I've learned so much from all of you on these forums and have gotten so many creative hacking ideas too. Thanks so much!

I only found out about Tom Bihn AFTER I had moved from Seattle to the SF Bay area in 2007. Gasp...I know. But maybe it was a good thing, as I'm sure I would've become a 'holic fixture in the store and taken daily tours, had I known. lol

I was first introduced to Tom Bihn when I purchased a horizontal brain cell for my MacBook Pro at the time.
    In 2013 I made my first bag purchase, a Smart Alec in Steel Dyneema/Wasabi, after going back and forth between whether to get the SA or Synapse 25. Funny, but after a year or so of having my Smart Alec, last week I succumbed to those nagging desires on my birthday to finally try out the Synapse 25 (Black Dyneema/Iberian). And you know what?! I am absolutely LOVING IT!!! The bestest birthday present, ever! It's the perfect bag for me! ding ding ding.

I kinda feel like I lost a year of my life with the SA. I'm not being overly dramatic or anything ;-)...but the "dude" just had a "sagging" personality all his own with certain idiosyncrasies that I could never adjust to or work around. But a beautiful looking bag, no doubt! If it wasn't for the Smart Alec, I don't think I would've had my fullest appreciation for my Synapse now.

Anyway, happy to be included in these forums now. By the way, very excited to be adding the Brain Bag to my travel/EDC arsenal this week, which I see as a beautiful in-between to the Synapse and SA. I'll update my profile to make mention of all the TB I have.

Thanks again and Cheers!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0