Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree419Likes

Thread: Introduce yourself (and welcome new folks)

Hi everyone, I am BobNagasak (obviously not my real name ) I am an architecture student and I really like TB bags. I live in Singapore (Asia) and I have never seen anyone else with TB bags here. Also, I am really sad that there is 10 letter cap for the usernames, I wanted to be BobNagasaki, my usual forum name. I guess I must have missed it while typing, I just found out and am depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by BobNagasaki View Post
    Hi everyone, I am BobNagasak (obviously not my real name ) I am an architecture student and I really like TB bags. I live in Singapore (Asia) and I have never seen anyone else with TB bags here. Also, I am really sad that there is 10 letter cap for the usernames, I wanted to be BobNagasaki, my usual forum name. I guess I must have missed it while typing, I just found out and am depressed.
    Welcome, BobNagasaki! I'm new on the forum too. I ca see the "i" in your name!
    Janine likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Welcome, Bob! I fixed your username -- and increased the username character limit to 15. If anyone else needs their name fixed, emailus@tombihn.com and we'll make it happen.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Darn, pegolasgreenleaf is still too long! LOL

Thank you Darcy! Hello Pokilani and have a nice day/night, everybody.

Hi Bob,

There are a few of us here who live in Singapore: icebeng, agalangdon, blusquid and myself. I saw your post on Hardwarezone wanting to sell your Aeronaut. Such a pity, if your post were up a couple of days earlier I would have gotten it from you. Unfortunately I went and got another 2nd hand carry-on bag from another HWZ forum member (not a TB) for my upcoming Taiwan trip already. I was the one who PM'ed you for your asking price Sigh what a missed opportunity for me!

Thank you Darcy! Hello Pokilani and have a nice day/night, everybody.
    so, BobNagasaki, this is evidence of the true awesomeness of the TB crew! welcome, and thanks, Darcy for being so thoughtful!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    Hi Bob,

There are a few of us here who live in Singapore: icebeng, agalangdon, blusquid and myself. I saw your post on Hardwarezone wanting to sell your Aeronaut. Such a pity, if your post were up a couple of days earlier I would have gotten it from you. Unfortunately I went and got another 2nd hand carry-on bag from another HWZ forum member (not a TB) for my upcoming Taiwan trip already. I was the one who PM'ed you for your asking price Sigh what a missed opportunity for me!

Oh hey! well you know where to find me if you change your mind, apparently TB bags aren't selling like hotcakes here.

Ah and yes, there is much love on this forum.

Hello, I'm Ted.
    I live in the greater Seattle area and commute to the city, and I work for an engineering firm as a Senior CAD Designer.
    The wife and I are foodies, counting Betty, Ezells, Poppy, Monsoon, and Todo Mexico as some of our favorite places to dine, with an annual trip to the Herb Farm thrown in for good measure. I'm also a big fan of dark chocolate, counting Vosges and Soma as two of my favorites for unique flavor combinations. Reading before bedtime is a favorite past-time and consists mostly of fantasy/sci-fi novels spiced with thriller/who-dunits, and the occasional periodical tossed in for some color. And movies... We do love our movies! We've started looking back in time for entertainment, Babyface (1933, Barbara Stanwyck) being the most recent example.

But enough about me and mine!

I found Tom Bihn several years ago when I was looking for a messenger bag for the monster laptop my employer was prepping for me. The SuperEgo fit the bill, and is made right here which was just the icing. So far it's been rock solid, and the Absolute shoulder strap has made carrying even this heavy machine very easy. Since acquiring the SuperEgo I've added an Aeronaut for travel and several small accessories. I'm not really a bag-o-holic, so I only have what I use regularly, but I think I'll be enjoying my Bihn products for years to come.
    Ted

SuperEgo in black/steel/wasabi; Aeronaut in cardinal/steel; Horizontal Cache (2M) in charcoal; Travel Tray in Ultraviolet

Hello everyone,

I found Tom Bhin to be the answer to my search for a bag that fits my needs.
    I'm an everyday-overpacker, so I don't like small purses, but when I use a normal backpack, I have to put it down every time I want to get something as simple as my wallet. As a woman, the pockets in my trousers hardly hold anything.
    Also I had back problems, so I thought a messenger bag with a waist strap, that would be perfect. But for a long time I couldn't find anything like that, so I started to sketch a design myself. I guess you know where this is going.
    Then I found the Ristretto which is exactly what I was looking for und obviously way better than anything, that I could have made by myself.
    So now I am hooked and I am amazed by the well designed bags of Tom Bihn.

wolpertinger

Wassup everybodddyyy?! I'm Chris, editor of a travel brand, Off Track Planet, and am fortunate enough to do a lot of adventure traveling as part of my work. I'm based in Brooklyn, NYC, but am currently living on Santorini, Greece running a small hotel that was salvaged through family history (score!). Part of my editorial duties is to source quality gear for review, so I don't know how TB has slipped under my radar for so long, but I couldn't be happier to be here (although I probably spend too much time compulsively clicking the TB tab in my favorites bar for new updates or forum posts). I'm turning more and more people onto Tom Bihn, and am only falling more and more into love with the brand as my collection grows. Looking forward to setting up a nice purchase to come home to when the hotel closes--more SA organization, in the form of a Freudian, possibly packing cubes, and definitely more pouches. Yes––more pouches.

I'm hooked on my minimalist lifestyle, so the few things I do own come with immense pride. My black Smart Alec and navy parapack Side Effect are the best bags I have ever owned. I don't get to use Alec as much as I'd like, but it hangs on my wall and I literally live out of it. Modularity and endless O-rings are so great. My Side Effect (or as my brother teases, my "murse") is my best friend. Probably because I only take it with me for fun stuff (beach trips, movies, etc.) but it never fails to please me and I'm still just scratching the surface of TB functionality.

As teased earlier, I'm a backpack guy and am into having less things. This, and my job, leaves me constantly hunting for the best of the best. Given my requirements, I still haven't found something that can satisfy me more than my Smart Alec does. The hotel is rolling (in high season now), but I plan on taking a 3-4 day solo camping trip on a nearby island and will post some glorious SA/SE pics when I do. A few days after I got both bags, I was on a humanitarian trip in Haiti and managed to start a small thread. Check it here for some shots/packing info. More to come--Much love to you all!
    Last edited by platisc; 08-07-2014 at 06:54 AM.

Hi Everyone!
    I'm from the Chicago area and bought my first TB bag about a year and a half ago. A black/steel Synapse 19. It's still my favorite backpack and I have A LOT of backpacks. I'm still amazed at the organization of the Synapse and how well it fits what I carry. It's the perfect size for when I have to run around the city.

Like most, I have picked up a number of other TB items since then......Co-pilot, Brain Bag, Synapse 25, Side Effect, Travel Tray, Stuff Sacks, Quarter Cube Packing Cube, Backpack Packing Cube, Shop bags (large and small) and a whole slew of keystraps, and various pouches.

So funny story...I bring big bowl of salad to work almost every day. It's a 2.5 liter glass bowl that is about 9 inches in diameter. I've been using it for years now and have always hated the bags I use to transport the big bowl to work every morning. It's so hard to find a lunch carrier to fit my 9" diameter bowl. I was searching for YEARS to find something that fits well and that i like. I bought a couple of the TB Shop Bags (large and small) intending to use as my grocery bag. Guess what? The small shop bag fits my beloved glass lunch bowl PERFECTLY. I absolutely love how it fits!! Plus I get to put a couple fruits on top and perhaps hang a banana from the inside pocket. Amazing. Totally stunned and very pleasantly surprised that I found the Shop Bag!!! Talk about form and function!

Thank you, TB, for making such amazingly thoughtful products that fit my lifestyle so well!!!

I saw this thread a while ago and completely dismissed it. I thought to myself, "Self, you don't have to read that thread right now. You posted in it when you first joined." Clearly I was thinking of SOME OTHER, INFERIOR FORUM and this is why I rely so heavily on my forum friends to text, email, or hit me over the head when something extra cool shows up on the forum.

Forum friends...some of my IRL best friends are people I found on this forum. I occasionally eat too much candy and post sappy "I love you guys!" posts but it's a true sentiment, even if I only say it when in when sugar has lowered my inhibitions. This is a unique place full of interesting, thoughtful people who share their experiences and ideas in a chronically helpful way. My life is improved by the time I spend here, a comment I can't make about any other place on the internet.

When I first joined at the very end of 2010, I was the gleeful owner of a Cocoa/Olive Swift. I found out about the Swift through Knitty, and it was close enough to Christmas that I felt I should wait to buy one for myself. Instead, I sent a link to Mr. Janine. And he bought it for me! What a sucker! Now he rolls his eyes (lovingly) about my collection but then I remind him of his mancrush on Chris Thile and we are at a comfortable impasse.

I live in Lexington, KY, which is a gem of a city. I am a web developer for a public television station and my job is filled with ups and downs. Mr. Janine and I have twin boys who are 3.33 years old at the time of writing and they are the center of our world. We recently moved from Mr. Janine's childhood home to a huge old house in one of the most desirable neighborhoods in Lexington and we are very happy here. It is an eclectic place and we fit right in.

I realized recently that if I want my kids to appreciate something or believe something, then I have to appreciate it or believe it myself. They aren't going to listen to my words (all the veteran parents are laughing now, because of course they won't!) so I have to be the example I want them to emulate. We read to the boys all the time, and now I make sure they see me reading paper books, too (not ebooks). We want them to be makers first and consumers second, so they see us cooking and creating and fixing. We want them to lead active lifestyles, so we bike to school and work and spend time outdoors. I want them to be artistic so I'm taking up drawing and watercolors. Mr. Janine wants them to be musical so he bought them a ukelele and takes us to music events.

We also want them to be explorers, discoverers, and travelers. My latest revelation is that all of my previous reasons for not exploring, discovering, and traveling are gone. Our dogs, sadly, have passed away so pet care isn't an issue. Mr. Janine just retired so we have time to make any kind of travel possible. We've flown with the kids and it was a pretty good experience. The kids are potty-trained and mobile and can tell us when they are thirsty, hungry, tired, cold, or bored. But best of all, the kids are asking to go places and do things and the best response I can have to their enthusiasm is to say, "Okay! Let's go!"

Tom Bihn products help me say, "Let's go!" A backpack comes with me everywhere, either my DLBP or my S25. Travel bags corral our clothes for longer trips. Packing cubes keep everything organized. Pouches keep the little things accessible. Key straps keep important things tethered so they can't be forgotten. Everything is tough enough to be stomped on, rained on, packed haphazardly, filled with pointy toys, crumpled up, left in the sun and the hot car, gotten sandy at the beach, dropped in the mud, left out in the snow. They can take us to the hotel or to the campground. They push us out into the world.

That's who I am and that's why I am here!
    Last edited by Janine; 08-17-2014 at 01:57 PM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Hi, I found out about Tom Bihn bags after starting a search for a knitting bag that would be functional, aesthetically pleasing, and lasting. I found the Swift through Ravelry and eventually got my Swift. Along the way several other bags have come to our home to be put into use almost daily by one of my family members.

I love Tom for his commitment to superior design, superior materials, superior customer service, superior business practices and superior customer interface. I love how everyone at Tom Bihn is sold out for Tom's commitments. It's a testament to how more companies should be run.

I feel so strongly about the products and company, I can't help but tell random strangers and friends alike.

I find it to be a bonus that once in a while something I strongly desire becomes an offering of color or design.
    Si non aptus in Peram, ego opus ad buy magis quisque.
    my bags: S, LS, KP, mg'11, S, LS, COW, MCB, LS, COW, LSB, SE, LSB, TT, SB, SE, TSS4, PCSB, PCBP-A, SC, BB, SCB, FJN, BB, FoJ, RS, F.O.T., LSB, S25, PCSB K, LS, I w/AS, A, PP FJN, SE, 3-DC, MCB, PCBP-T/WF, PCSB, CQPC, S19, LSB, SB, TT, SE, S, P, WF, UT, LSB, CQPC, PCBP-T/WF, RiPad, SB, LSB

Hi everyone! *waves* My name is Meghan and I am a bag-o-holic. At one point I had so many laptop, camera, and travel bags that one entire closet was dedicated to them. Somehow I never had a TB bag in that collection, until recently when I decided to switch to a backpack for my daily carry bag. With a 1-mile walk to work, the messenger bags were just too unkind to my shoulders, so a friend recommended I check out Tom Bihn. After much consideration, I ordered the Synapse 19, and after my first commute with it I am in love!

Currently I have the black/steel combo, but I covet the discontinued black/ultraviolet version and will be commencing a search shortly. I'm also planning a trip to the factory store soon, since they're right here in town, so I can properly organize my S19 with all sorts of sleeves and pouches.

When I'm not obsessing over bags, I'm usually obsessing over the best way to organize and decorate my apartment. And in between, I can be found wandering Seattle and beyond with my camera, or curled up with a good book enjoying our glorious rainy weather.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0