Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: New Colors in Medium Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    Let's see if I can get this to work. I included my cotton tan hat for comparison.
    Poor tired MCB looks like it needs some shade! Aw.

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Oh, this sounds lovely! Any chance you could post a pic when you have the opportunity? Thanks in advance..
    Sure thing.

Right, small update here.

For those who are wondering, the French Blue/Steel MCB has a 420d Parapack lining.

And can I just check with anyone here who have bought one of the Steel Dyneema/Wasabi MCB from the recent batch?
    Mine came with a hard strap, it's not a big deal for me, but I'm curious if anyone else got it as well.

@icebeng - I'll have to double check when I go home, but I believe mine was the same...were you expecting a different strap?

Thanks, nathant4!
    I've read somewhere that there was a period where the cafe bags had a hard strap, iirc, the same thread also mentioned that they have already switched back to the soft strap.
    Was a bit surprised when I received my MCBs cos the French Blue one has a soft strap, the Steel Dyneema one has a much harder one.

To elaborate a little, with the soft strap, if you pick up the cafe bag in a hurry, you might find that the strap has folded in half or flipped over at the plastic glider on the right side.
    With the hard strap, I don't think it's possible for this to happen as it's a lot more rigid.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Right, small update here.

For those who are wondering, the French Blue/Steel MCB has a 420d Parapack lining.

And can I just check with anyone here who have bought one of the Steel Dyneema/Wasabi MCB from the recent batch?
    Mine came with a hard strap, it's not a big deal for me, but I'm curious if anyone else got it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathant4 View Post
    @icebeng - I'll have to double check when I go home, but I believe mine was the same...were you expecting a different strap?
    @icebeng, @nathant4 Interesting about the stiffer strap for the Steel 400d/Wasabi MCBs you received. I thought they had permanently moved to softer straps. See Darcy's post in the Cafe Bag Strap Changes thread. The previous Dyneema Cafe bags I ordered all have the softer strap. The stiffer webbing in the straps they used for the small and medium cafe bags produced in 2012 and through most of 2013 is the same type of webbing used for the Simple Strap, I think. The stiffer straps feel slightly thicker, and have uniform texture. The more pliable softer strap is thickest in the outer 3/8" section bordering the edge of each strap, and then have a kind of "hill and valley" pattern, so it's as though there are 6, parallel furrows in the central portion of the strap.

HTH moriond

Maybe it was from an old batch of steel dyneema that is being retired now? I ordered the black dyneema/solar MCB and it had the soft one.

I have a linen MCB with a stiff strap and I found it a bit uncomfortable..I like the softer one much better. The whole bag in dyneema is less stiff and kind of molds to your body...I really love this one. I never thought previously that I would like a dyneema cafe bag, but I love it.
    But its true..one downside is that the strap is tangling a lot easier than with the stiff one.

I also got a plum/wasabi SCB with this order, also a soft strap. I like it too....I am warming to it more slowly than the dyneema, but I am getting there. Both colours were an attempt to try something else other than black and blues....

New Colors in Medium Cafe

Confirmed. It is indeed the stiffer strap

But how bout that Steel/Wasabi combo!
    Last edited by nathant4; 07-30-2014 at 02:56 PM.

Thanks nathant4, for confirming, and yeah! High five on that combo!

@moriond, I guess they decided to go retro for the Steel Dyneema MCB, maybe because this could be it's swan song.

@vivelly, I totally get what you mean, there's already a difference between Cordura and Parapack, but I'm really intrigued by how different Dyneema is for the cafe bag.

@icebeng same here. Everything about the dyneema cafe bag feels soft, smooth and silky, yet without being shapeless. I really love it.
    icebeng likes this.

Hot off the press!...my lovely Burnt Orange. Must say I was surprised that the bag feels a bit more stiffer compared to my older Steel/Cayenne MCB. Perhaps the parapak lining has something to do with it. But, still I like it. Comes with the soft strap as opposed to the stiffer version on my Steel/Cayenne MCB. I use the Shoulder Pad on the stiffer strap and find it quite comfortable. Never had a complaint with the stiffer strap. Happy that I will now get to experience the soft strap. Probably won't need a Shoulder Pad with this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still waiting for some old color schemes to return ... would love to get a Cocoa/Wasabi (or Olive) MCB.
    Or, in case this doesn't return, Steel/Olive. I can also imagine Black/Plum to be a great combination ... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by WenV View Post
    Oh, this sounds lovely! Any chance you could post a pic when you have the opportunity? Thanks in advance...
    @WenV - Right, just remembered this. Have done my best to adjust for colour fidelity.Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  233.2 KB
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by d.markwig View Post
    I can also imagine Black/Plum to be a great combination ... ;-)
    Are there MCBs out there with plum lining? Because I'm pretty sure I NEED a black/plum bag. Or perhaps a steel/plum bag.
    loving: plum/olive MCB, black/wasabi A30
    searching for: steel parapack/olive cafe bag

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    @WenV - Right, just remembered this. Have done my best to adjust for colour fidelity.Name:  photo.JPG
Views: 146
Size:  233.2 KB
    Oh, that looks very nice! I like how the kiwi pops through the mesh. Love it! Thanks for posting @adalangdon

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Since receiving my Olive/UV Side Effect, I've really fallen in love with the Olive parapak material.... Which is making me hanker for more Olive 420d bags, namely the SCB and Synapse19. Does anyone own the Olive / olive SCB, and the Olive /Steel SCB? I'm trying to figure which one to go for. Wondering if the Steel would be too dark like the Navy 420d on the inside of my Burnt Orange MCB. Any thoughts and /or experience would be much appreciated.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0