Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: New Colors in Medium Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by calel View Post
    I wish I could have two, but I've got a ton of bags as it is and this is replacing my current crossbody travel bag.

The perfect bag for me would be linen/burnt orange (or vice versa). I ordered the burnt orange after all because it's a great color and it will fit right in where I live.
    LOL! I love the burnt orange color but have been staying away from ordering it because it reminds me of where I used to live! It is definitely a Longhorns color!

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Hats off to your willpower!
    Willpower fail. Bought a MCB in Linen *and* FB . . . le sigh.

Thought process:
    Re linen: "I don't have enough neutrals, and I use cafe bags everyday."
    Re FB: "FB synapses are gorgeous, but my next backpack should be black. And I don't get to use my DLBP everyday."

Kiwi newsflash: There are some small ballistic mesh kiwis. I got one yesterday too because I think black mesh + kiwi = cute.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-24-2014 at 09:07 PM.

Somehow Dyneema Black and Iberian or Wasabi are missing. This may mean bag failure!

I received my linen/navy MCB today. While the linen is lovely, the navy parapack is spectacular. There is definitely something in the olive parapack in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Willpower fail.
    Let me rephrase that please.
    "Passion for TB won."

Quote Originally Posted by Bennie View Post
    I received my linen/navy MCB today. While the linen is lovely, the navy parapack is spectacular. There is definitely something in the olive parapack in my future!

Bennie: welcome to the forum! Great color combo that you got yourself there. Would you mind taking some pictures?

Ilkyway

Olive is the best of the lot IMO. It's got more colour variation in the light than navy. Steel is nice too, but some have remarked on how green it is. I would recommend the olive/steel parapack cafe bag if it's parapack goodness that you're after
    WenV likes this.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Olive parapack is lovely! I have a S19 and a SE as my EDC for work, as they're just the right mix of smart+casual to look professional in an academic environment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    WenV likes this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

@Vivelly -- If you like purple, then I think the Plum/Wasabi combo will really appeal to you. For work, I also wear exclusively black/gray, and Plum is dark enough to be noticeable but not glaring. It's a nice pop of color.

It will blend with your blue items, too. Most of my TB bags are blue/green/purple. The Plum color blends nicely with Indigo, Storm, and Turquoise.
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic Cocoa d-Black/Solar d-Nordic/Solar
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa d-Nordic/Solar d-Black/Solar

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Ilkyway, Thank you for the welcome. You know how there are a bunch of very computer savy people in this forum? Well I'm not one of them! I will try to take some pictures today after work and see if I can figure out how to post them. I work on a computer all day at work, but when it comes to figuring out anything new to me, I've got people for that. With personal computer stuff it is just me bumbling through.

Bennie don't get stressed! If it does not work or just gets on your nerves... leave it. If it is easier, maybe you want to mail the pictures to a moderator, moriond has helped out others too, you are not the only one to whom computers wont tell their secrets easily. They are creepy that way.

But really: do not feel you have to, I am always asking for pictures and I wont get hurt if I do not get them.

Ilkyway

Bennie, Welcome! I'm as inept as you in this department. To post pictures, simply ask for help in the forum, and someone will graciously reply. Although I now know how to do this, I couldn't explain it to someone else as I don't do it often enough. Besides, there are lots of other things taking up space joyfully in my brain....
    Ilkyway likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Bennie don't get stressed! If it does not work or just gets on your nerves... leave it. If it is easier, maybe you want to mail the pictures to a moderator, moriond has helped out others too, you are not the only one to whom computers wont tell their secrets easily. They are creepy that way.

But really: do not feel you have to, I am always asking for pictures and I wont get hurt if I do not get them.

Ilkyway
    Let's see if I can get this to work. I included my cotton tan hat for comparison.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Kiwi newsflash: There are some small ballistic mesh kiwis. I got one yesterday too because I think black mesh + kiwi = cute.
    Oh, this sounds lovely! Any chance you could post a pic when you have the opportunity? Thanks in advance...

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Wow Bennie! Thank you so much. Beautiful pictures, thank for successfully trying.

Ilkyway

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0