Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: New Colors in Medium Cafe

So this is how the last 36 hours or so have gone for me:

10:28 PM July 21st - I wonder if TB has come out with more color options for the MCB...I've been wanting one for some time now but waiting for a color/material combo that I love. "Siri, open Safari" (I nearly always have a TB page open)
    10:30 PM July 21st - Alrightttt! The new colors were released for the MCB, which color/material combo should I buy??
    10:35 PM July 21st - Solar?!? Oh wow, looks like Black Dyneema / Solar it is!
    10:46 PM July 21st - But...Olive/Wasabi...
    10:47 PM July 21st - Damn, I wish it weren't Olive 420d Parapack But...then again...I REALLYYY haven't done enough research to rule out Parapack as an option. *Plugs in phone to charge, fires up tablet*
    11:45 PM July 21st - Hmmmm, finding a good picture of the Olive/Wasabi has proven to be more difficult than expected.
    12:30 PM July 22nd - You know...maybe I can compromise and get the Cocoa/Olive! Then I'll be fulfilling my desire for a Cordura exterior.
    12:45 PM July 22nd - But I'm reallyy not ecstatic about the Cocoa. I should probably take a break and shop some accessories.
    1:30 AM July 22nd - It's final; I'd rather the dyneema over the available options. Solar seemed like a deal-maker three hours ago, but I do reallyy like the Steel/Wasabi combo...maybe I should sleep on it.
    8:00 AM July 22nd - After sleeping on it, I'm going with the Steel/Wasabi. Now to finalize my accessories...time to decide which colors will work best with the majority of my bag interiors and provide maximum contrast.
    8:30 AM July 22nd - You know...maybe I should reconsider on the Olive 420d... It will look awesome with my Burnt Orange S25
    8:45 AM July 22nd - Nope, steel dyneema it is! Better pare down the shopping cart and start working...oops
    9:00 AM July 22nd - Order placed. Looks like I'm working late tonight...TOTALLY worth it.
    7:00 PM July 22nd - Shipment notification email received. *Brief happy dance commence*
    7:30 AM July 23rd - Better check back on the forum to see what colors/materials others are buying.
    7:32 AM July 23rd - Wait, what?!? Someone's talking about Linen...that can't be right for the MCB... *DID THEY POST NEW COLORS??*
    7:33 AM July 23rd - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Olive/Steel
    7:35 AM July 23rd - I better check and confirm that the shipment has actually left the factory.
    7:36 AM July 23rd - @#^&% So...does this mean I should order a back up MCB? I meannnn, I went with the dyneema for its packing (i.e. squishibility factor) for a 'destination' EDC. I really wanted the Cordura for my regular EDC. What to do, what to do...
    7:37 AM July 23rd - Checks bank account.
    7:40 AM July 23rd - Hmmmm, my birthday is coming up in two weeks... Maybe I can finagle a wish list miracle instead

TB, why do you do this to me??

Love,
    Nate

Great post, Nate! And I hope you realize that this is PERFECTLY normal, healthy behavior for Bihnions
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

@nathan4, I'm totally with you there. I've been kind of coveting a linen/navy MCB for awhile now and I couldn't quite justify getting another bag, but TBAS is definitely a condition that needs to be treated.
    A45, LCB, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

@taminca - Thanks! Can you please let my family & gf know that? They think I'm slowly losing it..

@al85 - I'm preferential to the brighter interiors (or steel), but I must say that the linen/navy is veryy handsome. Good luck restraining yourself now that it's an option... On the other hand, congrats & enjoy if TBAS gets the better of you!

@nathant4, I currently am sporting the black dyneema/solar LCB, so I understand the brighter interior preference. My usual EDC is steel/cayenne, but yes, the linen/navy feels understated and classy to me. I'll try to keep the TBAS at bay. XD
    A45, LCB, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

Thanks for the laugh Nate. I dont feel so alone now..knowing that others go through the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by nathant4 View Post
    So this is how the last 36 hours or so have gone for me:
    TB, why do you do this to me??

Love,
    Nate
    Sounds about right - thanks for articulating what many of us feel! This was great to read!

Did I miss it earlier or is burnt orange/navy now an option??

And here I thought I'd manage to convince myself I'd wait it out till an Imago replacement was released before getting any new TB stuff... must... resist...
    WenV likes this.

The orange option is new
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

Oh, my life just got REALLY complicated...French blue? OR burnt orange....man!
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Oh, my life just got REALLY complicated...French blue? OR burnt orange....man!
    I think it's complicated because you're using the wrong words. Repeat after Badger:

"French Blue ... AND Burnt Orange."

Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blusquid View Post
    Did I miss it earlier or is burnt orange/navy now an option?? ...
    No, it wasn't there before!...now it is!! Yay, been waiting for this color option since BO was introduced. Slightly disappointed that the interior is not Steel Dyneema but Navy will do....for now (Off I go to change me order...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was getting seriously bummed out about the lack of colors in MCBs a few days ago. I was wanting to order one for my upcoming two week-long road trip.

I love the linen color, but the Longhorn alumni in me is salivating over the burnt orange bag. This will be a touch decision over the next hour.

Dear calel,
    the correct decision is in post #41 above.
    HTH :P

I wish I could have two, but I've got a ton of bags as it is and this is replacing my current crossbody travel bag.

The perfect bag for me would be linen/burnt orange (or vice versa). I ordered the burnt orange after all because it's a great color and it will fit right in where I live.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0