Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Do not offer a dyneema co-pilot ever again

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    I'm still debating the Pilot. If I make the leap, little brother Co-Pilot may need to be placed in a Nordic dyneema loving home
    Hmm... I was never tempted by the Nordic co-pilot because I have a steel dyneema one (old school 200d exterior). That said, now that Nordic is probably gone forever, I may have to try to claim local dibs--I'm in Roswell, GA--on yours if you go for the Pilot!

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Hmm... I was never tempted by the Nordic co-pilot because I have a steel dyneema one (old school 200d exterior). That said, now that Nordic is probably gone forever, I may have to try to claim local dibs--I'm in Roswell, GA--on yours if you go for the Pilot!
    Now wait just a durn minute, @autolycus. I'm not in Roswell, but I am in GA, and I love Nordic, too. You and I may have to duke it out for rights to the Nordic Co-Pilot: that is, if @RhoFro ever does decide the Nordic CP needs a loving home.

~Nancy

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    Now wait just a durn minute, @autolycus. I'm not in Roswell, but I am in GA, and I love Nordic, too. You and I may have to duke it out for rights to the Nordic Co-Pilot: that is, if @RhoFro ever does decide the Nordic CP needs a loving home.

~Nancy
    Heh. Fair enough. I'm really happy with my Steel one. I love my Nordic Smart Alec, but as much as I'm sure I'd also love a Nordic Co-Pilot, I do like having some variety. I doubt I can justify having two co-pilots, so I'm mostly just joking about trying to claim dibs on a Nordic one.
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    Heh. Fair enough. I'm really happy with my Steel one. I love my Nordic Smart Alec, but as much as I'm sure I'd also love a Nordic Co-Pilot, I do like having some variety. I doubt I can justify having two co-pilots, so I'm mostly just joking about trying to claim dibs on a Nordic one.
    I was joking, too: well, a little. But that's the best part of the forum to me.

How likely is it that the CP will be offerred again in steel dyneema? Should one just settle for something else?

I decided one could never have too many Co-Pilots. Santa brought me a Steel Dyneema Co-Pilot for Christmas, and I added a Nordic Dyneema to the Gumby TB Collection a month or so ago. Now I'm trying to decide if they need a big brother Pilot. Decisions, decisions...
    Synapse 19, Co-Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    How likely is it that the CP will be offerred again in steel dyneema? Should one just settle for something else?
    I'm wondering about that too, and not sure if the current batch of Steel Dyneema MCBs and Pilots would have used up the last of the stock.
    I'm really hoping they decide to do 1 more batch of Steel Dyneema Co-Pilots if they still have enough of the fabric.
    enjih likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    Or you up-size to the Pilot if you don't want to settle for the CP in a different material/colour.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I have to say that the pilot seemed well like a briefcase but the co-pilot is just so darned cute!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2