Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree205Likes

Thread: Pilot

Pilot

The Pilot is back in stock. I mention this hoping it will sell out again quickly; before I can order one which would make my Co-Pilot sad.

Other random observations: When you can't remember any passwords except the one to your Tom Bihn account because it's used far too frequently. When you ship your Bihn order to work because that's the motivation you need to go happily to the office. When you search the Tom Bihn website using the "All" drop down just to be sure there's nothing you've missed in the collection.

What else?
    Last edited by RhoFro; 07-11-2014 at 06:35 PM.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Wait, there's an all drop down someplace?
    eWalker likes this.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

I'm in Denver now with my Pilot. I don't think I can ever say enough good things about this bag. It is my perfect companion at conferences and by golly, I've been to a lot of them this year with more to come. It is comfortable to carry, holds a 13" laptop and 8.5x11 paper, has excellent pockets, and looks totally awesome. I mention these things to hasten the sale of the Pilot and thus protect @RhoFro's Co-Pilot from becoming a jealous older sibling. I kinda also mention this to nudge @RhoFro into buying one anyway.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Hi Moose, I had the same question! I did a quick search and found it...it's one of the choices in the drop down list for the "More" category (just to the right of the "Accessories" tab).
    eWalker likes this.

@RhoFro I ordered a Dyneema Co-Pilot and just ordered a Ballistic Pilot, because I didnīt want then to miss the comfy family felling.

Donīt be mistaken although they look very much alike, they have very distinct personalities especially when dressed in different fabrics!

Donīt resist, take a deep breath and jump into the wagon!! I did it!!
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Let's see some new Pilot photos (especially with little brother Co), not to enable me - I swear - but to hurry along those sales so I'm not tempted by the Steel/UV combo I love so much in my Tri-Star.
    ~ one of virtually everything ~ Happy victim of Tom Bihn mind control

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @RhoFro Donīt be mistaken although they look very much alike, they have very distinct personalities especially when dressed in different fabrics!
    eWalker...More info about the uniqueness of each personality (or could it be bagonality?) might help the fence sitters decide which way to lean...Thanks! :-)
    RhoFro and eWalker like this.

I do not have the Pilot jet (it is on its way though) but I can say something about the Co-Pilot that I cannot see working with a Pilot: The Co-Pilot works very well in bags like the Synapse 15, Smart Alec, Swift and even (bit than verticaly) in the Synapse 19. That makes it a great companion if you need to back and force from Backpack mode to Purse-Mode or want more organizational Pockets inside a biger Bag. Particually in the Smart Alec that works well because it puts a bottle-pocket in the center of the backpack.

The Pilot I see as a buisness like Briefcase adaption for my Laptop and work-stuff. If I have to look smarter than I am I see the Pilot as a helpful friend. We will see if this works out.

Quote Originally Posted by RhoFro View Post
    Let's see some new Pilot photos (especially with little brother Co)
    Black Dyneema Pilot hangin' out with little brother Black Ballistic Co-Pilot...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (w/Iberian), Co-Pilot (w/Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Aeronaut30 (w/UV), Pilot (w/UV), Western Flyer (w/Iberian)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (w/Wasabi), Pilot (w/Wasabi), Side Effect (w/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Grandcache View Post
    eWalker...More info about the uniqueness of each personality (or could it be bagonality?) might help the fence sitters decide which way to lean...Thanks! :-)
    Loved the bagnolity!

Co-Pilot is more casualwear, like a Polo shirt
    Pilot is more formal like a Button-Up shirt

Co-Pilot is made for tablets that are more oriented to media consumption
    Pilot is made for notebook computers that are more used to media production

Dyneema is Casual
    Ballistic is Formal

Co-Pilot is more messenger bag
    Pilot is more briefcase

My choices:
    Co-Pilot: Black Dyneema & Pilot: Black Ballistic

HTH
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

I LOVE my Pilot for quick, 1 night trips. A packing cube holds my clothes and fits just fine with a MBA (in Cache) in the main section. My toiletries and charger go in one pocket, seat-back bag (i.e. SE with Kindle, headphones, reading glasses, etc.) in the other. When you get to your hotel, you can take the packing cube and toiletries out and have the bag for the meetings, etc. Easy peasy, and probably not going to work with the CP.

Just when I received my black ballistic CP early this week, black dyneema Pilot had to come back in stock...was really hoping to get the black dyneema CP but it was unavailable. And i just snipped the tags off so can't return it The one consolation is that mine's a black/ solar CP and I totally dig solar.

All that said, the CP is amaaazing!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

For you solar fans, anything made with solar is probably using the last available supply, since it is being phased out. So you should keep it, and consider it a fortunate coincidence of timing. On the other hand, if you decide otherwise, there is always eBay, particularly if your bag is relatively unused.

I too am considering a dyneema Pilot as a super-light personal bag for leisure travel. Right now the only available dyneema exterior is black, which is ok, but not necessarily my first choice. I have a feeling that as soon as I buy it, some new color will be introduced. I'm also wondering if they will re-design the bag by putting a zipper or snap on the top of the back pocket. On the other hand, if I wait too long it will get sold out!
    Last edited by bchaplin; 07-12-2014 at 10:57 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

I fully agree that the back pocket should have a zip on top!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Holly View Post
    Hi Moose, I had the same question! I did a quick search and found it...it's one of the choices in the drop down list for the "More" category (just to the right of the "Accessories" tab).
    @Moose and Others, Here's the link to all Tom Bihn products on a single page. I think that it's also mentioned by someone in one of the various threads about signs of Tom Bihn addiction -- that you have this bookmarked.

HTH moriond

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0