Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: So what do you see coming?!

Question So what do you see coming?!

During the wait for the debut of June new products, we had lots of fun debating the products that we hoped would come.

But the Bihnions that made the most accurate previsions were the ones that saw gaps on TB product line.

So setting aside what we hoped for, what do think still missing ?
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-10-2014 at 10:17 PM.
    Janine likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Good question! I'm still waiting for the Dyneema trench coat. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I think that will not be long until three new products are added
    (I was going to say four, but @Darcy already announced the Large DOP ):

. A new Citizen Canine, probably a small sling bag, kind of a Smaller DLBP or a larger Shoulder bag, kind of a DayLight Shoulder Bag
    . A larger version of the NFTD, much like what happened with the Co-Pilot/Pilot, possibilly around 25 liters
    . A larger version of the Q-Kit, following what happened with the DOP

What do you think?
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Janine and jess like this.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for an EDC sized horizontal messenger. Or that I find an imago on ebay

Well, there's the long-promised cross-body knitting bag that's still in the works, and rumours of an updated FJN for iPad Mini - and I agree with Jess that there's a gap in the messenger bag range, between the smaller vertical bags and the much larger horizontal ones.

Speaking of which... I notice that the ID and Super Ego are missing from the messenger bag page, even though they haven't officially been retired (Googling reveals that the page is still there and showing the "sold out" notice). Hence I'm wondering if there will be a new messenger bag line-up later this year?
    eWalker and jess like this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by jess View Post
    I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for an EDC sized horizontal messenger. Or that I find an imago on ebay
    I test drove a Patagonia Minimass at REI today. I was tempted...but I am waiting to see what the crossbody knitting bag is like. And the Minimass doesn't come in Navy/UV, which was a strike against it.

(See how deftly I worked in a plug for my favorite color combination? I am operating under the assumption that if I mention it enough times, they will make some more bags in Navy/UV just to shut me up. :-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

One thing that I see missing is a smart looking bag for EDC for people who don't carry laptops around. I would like something dressier than a backpack, but don't necessarily want to look like I'm going to work, or taking a plane trip. The shop bag is the closest TB has to such an item, but as others have mentioned, it doesn't have a secure closure (or any closure, for that matter). Maybe the cross body knitting bag will fill that niche, if there isn't a sling bag produced first.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Well, there's the long-promised cross-body knitting bag that's still in the works, and rumours of an updated FJN for iPad Mini - and I agree with Jess that there's a gap in the messenger bag range, between the smaller vertical bags and the much larger horizontal ones.
    I completely overlooked the FJN for iPad Mini... Nice catch @scribe!

In September is going to be the debut of the new iPad Mini, so it would be reasonable to expect that if TB plans to release anything for the iPad Mini should be around this time.

I believe that this a good bet as so many of us are downsizing and 8" tablets are such a comfortable format to both carry and use!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    Speaking of which... I notice that the ID and Super Ego are missing from the messenger bag page, even though they haven't officially been retired (Googling reveals that the page is still there and showing the "sold out" notice). Hence I'm wondering if there will be a new messenger bag line-up later this year?
    I wish I could envision what TB is planning for itīs bag lines... but there are so many variables at play and to make things harder and there is also the interference of my own personal tastes and hopes!

But from what I may extrapolate from the new June debuts, TB is doing a major review of itīs lines and blurring even more the frontiers between EDC and travel lines, the Pilot, and now the NFTD, being great examples of it!

That is a trend that I much like because of itīs improved versatility & usability, and itīs nice to see how design concepts are floating through the lines, like the internal pockets that went from the Swift to the Shop Bags, then to the DLBP and maybe will show in an updated version of the Shoulder Bag!

Last edited by eWalker; 07-11-2014 at 04:54 AM.

Sorry to beat a dead horse (though it's better than beating a living one!), but I'd like to see a Packing Cube Messenger Bag to use with the Tri Star (or WF or either Aeronaut). I envision a slightly larger version of the PCSB, though I wouldn't be shocked if there were some clever ideas I'm not thinking of should one ever exist.

I'm waiting on two things:
    1. Compression packing cubes (a la Eagle Creek Packit Specter Compression cubes) sized for Aeronauts, TriStars etc.
    2. An MLC sized panel loading backpack with a weightbearing waist strap (like my MountainSmith Rambler, no longer sold) for those of us that bundle pack.

Bundle packing is much more space efficient than the Aeronaut with cubes. I fit two 3-piece suits, 5 dress shirts, 5 undershirts, socks, a pair of dress shoes with shoe trees, ties and toiletries in an MLC rollaboard but could barely do so in the Aeronaut which is larger overall but awkwardly compartmentalized for bundle packing.
    eWalker likes this.

I'm a little bummed (and kinda surprised, really) that we don't yet have key straps that have the regular hook thingies on one end and O-rings on the other. I don't like to clip things directly to the O-rings, I like an extension. But since everything seems to have the clips and not the rings, things get sloppy.
    Last edited by Pangifone; 07-28-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: "thingies" -- not "twinges" silly autocorrect.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    I'm a little bummed (and kinda surprised, really) that we don't yet have key straps that have the regular hook twinges on one end and O-rings on the other. I don't like to clip things directly to the O-rings, I like an extension. But since everything seems to have the clips and not the rings, things get sloppy.
    I will sometimes clip a few pouches all to an O-ring strap handle that I bought for the organizer wallet primarily. Then I will connect a single key strap to the handle as well to make an extension strap. I like that there are clips on both ends since it gives the strap more utility (this O-ring strap handle is otherwise pretty useless), but it does have me thinking I should try to by some hard plastic O-rings just for this purpose. Anyone found a good source?
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

I'm a little bummed (and kinda surprised, really) that we don't yet have key straps that have the regular hook twinges on one end and O-rings on the other. I don't like to clip things directly to the O-rings, I like an extension. But since everything seems to have the clips and not the rings, things get sloppy.
    You can work around it by either ordering "o" rings from TB or getting some metal split rings! My life has improved vastly since I started using them.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406612787.477617.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  328.3 KB

I'm a little bummed (and kinda surprised, really) that we don't yet have key straps that have the regular hook thingies on one end and O-rings on the other. I don't like to clip things directly to the O-rings, I like an extension. But since everything seems to have the clips and not the rings, things get sloppy.
    Have you checked the Utility Strap ?

Name:  TB0524_06b.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  32.3 KB

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I do, in theory, like the idea of just getting a little joining o-ring. However, I know myself, and I would be perpetually taking it off and fiddling with it until I ultimately dropped and lost it. Though it's not like they're super spendy, so it's still a decent option.

I do have one of the utility straps, but I've never used it for this purpose. I'd say partly because the rectangular shape didn't seem conducive to this (though that's all based on "feels" and not "have tried" ) and partly because all I want to use are my ultraviolet straps.
    eWalker likes this.
    It's pronounced "Pan-Jiff-Oh-Knee."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast