Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree67Likes

Thread: So what do you see coming?!

I've seen so much love for the Imago that I would love something like it. I was honestly thinking of something like a horizontal version of the Café Bag or an upgraded PCSB (more o-rings, added inner organization -- pouches, pen pockets, etc).
    A45, LCB, MCB, SE; CP: Black/Solar; P: Navy/Solar; SE: Black/Iberian, Solar/Solar; MCB: Linen/Navy, Steel/Cayenne

we talk about this one a lot on forum and on ravelry... but apparently this wish has been going since last year...
    eWalker likes this.

I would totally wear a steel dyneema trench coat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    I think that will not be long until three new products are added

A larger version of the Q-Kit, following what happened with the DOP

What do you think?
    I agree. On the Q-Kit page, there is a Select A Size pull down menu that allows you to select "Mini". I'm hoping for a few more size options of the Q-Kit in the near future!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    An updated FJN for iPad Mini
    @scribe I was looking at the specifications of the iPad Mini and realized that the size would be incompatible to use on an FJN build with a three-ring-binder but might the right size if a Moleskine Journal were used as a paper source.

Do you think that could be a good match?
    Janine likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangifone View Post
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

I do, in theory, like the idea of just getting a little joining o-ring. However, I know myself, and I would be perpetually taking it off and fiddling with it until I ultimately dropped and lost it. Though it's not like they're super spendy, so it's still a decent option.

I do have one of the utility straps, but I've never used it for this purpose. I'd say partly because the rectangular shape didn't seem conducive to this (though that's all based on "feels" and not "have tried" ) and partly because all I want to use are my ultraviolet straps.
    Yesterday I was tossing some of my assorted clutter (easy to gather, hard to shed), and today realized that some of the conference lanyards I've tossed would have been great as keystraps. Conference lanyards come in all kinds of strap / attachment configurations ... some have rings, some have swivels, some have one-use-only plastic ends, some have alligator clamps, some have retractable key-fob-things. A few conferences have used lanyards with the Firefox logo printed on them, and those would IMO make great keystraps ... I wonder whether I could find clips similar to the ones in the official TB keystraps, such that I could loop through and then secure (fabric glue?) the fabric of the strap. (Wouldn't be at the same level as the TB ones, but would be of sentimental / aesthetic value to me.)

@scribe I was looking at the specifications of the iPad Mini and realized that the size would be incompatible to use on an FJN build with a three-ring-binder...
    Well, you can fit an iPad Mini into the current FJN, in the pocket behind the pen pockets, but there's no padding. But I agree that with the iPad in place, the bulky three-ring binder makes for an overly fat FJN!

...but might the right size if a Moleskine Journal were used as a paper source.

That would be an awesome combo - I would use that so much! Also, Moleskines (and similarly sized notebooks) are very easily sourced outside the US, whereas compatible paper for the half-letter binder is only available from organizer makers such as Day-Timer.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

compatible paper for the half-letter binder is only available from organizer makers such as Day-Timer.
    I found compatible paper at Staples. It was available in different colors and in different weights.

I'm hoping for a few more size options of the Q-Kit in the near future!
    Me too. I often have a need for a pouch that can handle 3D items, but is smaller than the organizing cube. A larger Q-kit would really hit that sweet spot.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian , SE in black/iberian and coyote/steel, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz in black and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by bunchgrass View Post
    I found compatible paper at Staples. It was available in different colors and in different weights.
    In the UK?
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

It appears Staples has a UK website with A5 paper. (Is A5 the right size?)

@scribe I was looking at the specifications of the iPad Mini and realized that the size would be incompatible to use on an FJN build with a three-ring-binder but might the right size if a Moleskine Journal were used as a paper source.

@eWalker, you are a GENIUS! Moleskine in a FJN!

I experimented with using other notebooks in my FJN. It was okay, but not stellar. Now, a FJN updated specifically to take a Moleskine notebook? That would be more than awesomesauce. That would be awesomemaincourse!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2