Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: what's in your pouch?

what's in your pouch?

I got my first clear mini pouch last week, and it is so cheerful looking that it is fun to use. From the clear side, I see it's my credit cards and some cash and I know from the other side it's blue nordic, so it's credit cards and cash. Have to get more. red for.....coins? yellow for stitch markers (knitters know) the possibilities are endless.

I also love the No 1 Knitting tool pouch. It is nearly the same size wise, has a clear front but ballistic fabric at the sides. I have one for a nail-sissier because I was afraid to put the sissier could damage the front of the clear mini. I put some plaster behind the sissier as an emergency first aid.

scissors. it is an odd word.

oh, and there are still nordic mini clear organizers??!

well, as of two weeks ago. I hope that a dark green or rich purple comes in its place. could dyneema be made in aubergine......oooooohhhh...
    taminca likes this.

I was tiered when I posted last night. Today I took pictures of what I was talking about it is the Knitting Tool Pouch size 1:

Name:  NTP1 1.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  324.7 KB

Name:  NTP1 2.jpg
Views: 213
Size:  306.1 KB

Ilkyway

Hmmmm, I think I'd prefer pouches with an o-ring rather than a snap-hook.......hypothetically, since I've only used ones with snap-hooks. But, off the top of my head, I think all of my pouches are attached to my bags with key straps rather than directly to the bag. And the lack of a snap-hook on the pouch just looks tidier.
    Ilkyway likes this.

ceepee I actually feel the same. I even did something evil to one of my clear organizer wallets. This one lives in my SE and as I need the space in there, but wanted it to be secured on a key-strap even if I take it out for paying, I just cut the snap-hook off. Here is the result:

Name:  20140711_202715.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  212.7 KB

Name:  20140711_202727.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  398.6 KB

Ilkyway

I've done that before too, but the flat bit that's left just seemed ..... 'wrong', I tried hiding it under the material loop but it just kept popping out
    Ilkyway likes this.

And to add to that, the O-rings allow to attach more pouches to one Keystrap, I like that a lot. What I did not do jet is to cut it all off and add an keyring instead. That should work but I did not get around to find strong but small keyrings.

I've tried that too, it's not the same as proper TB o-rings

@ilkyway, beautiful picture!
    Ilkyway likes this.

@ ceepee that is too bad... but we have the Knitting Tool Pouches so we just make the best use out of them and maybe there will be more sizes down the road.

@ GoStanford: thank you!

Do you know the Utility Strap?

Last edited by eWalker; 07-11-2014 at 03:07 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

eWalker: Yes and I love it, just not for this purpose. But you know it is nothing to really bother about.
    Me loving bags means I do rearrange them in use or setup quite often. And there is always something to think about/work around. Even if I would sew up a bag myself, two days after I would have finish, I'd think about something that should be different. In fact I like the challenge of dealing with what there is.

My mother likes all kind of puzzles, I think I feel something similar about tweaking my bags and pouches. I have long stoped looking for the THE ONE bag. With Tom Bihn I found a System of Bags and Pouches that play so well together that I can use every one of them in so many different ways, it feels like Lego all over again.

For me rearranging my most important belongings in my bag (which ever is favorite at that time), feels like getting myself bag together after a stressful day. Its like sorting through all the thoughts (big ones and small ones) and finding the right place for them. And as the days are different the bags have to be too. Well for me that is.

Ilkyway

Edid: putting my name once under a post should be enough. Sorry after midnight here...
    Last edited by Ilkyway; 07-11-2014 at 03:46 PM.

Loved the comments @Ilkyway! You made packing into a zen process! Very inspiring!

Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast