Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 4 Post By sturbridge
  • 3 Post By itsablur
  • 1 Post By adalangdon

Thread: More stuff in coyote please!!

More stuff in coyote please!!

This is another one of those colors, like kiwi, where the pictures don't do justice. I ordered a Qkit in coyote in my latest order. It is just beautiful. A really nice shiny warm medium brown, not at all dull like the pictures and not at all like military coyote. I could so see a new Side Effect in this or I might even splurge on some travel bags if offered in coyote (sick of the sea of black).
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian , PU in coyote/steel (this bag is not just for parents), SE in black/iberian and coyote/steel, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz in black and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag which would be a slightly larger Night Flight or a slightly smaller Skookum duffle.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    This is another one of those colors, like kiwi, where the pictures don't do justice. I ordered a Qkit in coyote in my latest order. It is just beautiful. A really nice shiny warm medium brown, not at all dull like the pictures and not at all like military coyote. I could so see a new Side Effect in this or I might even splurge on some travel bags if offered in coyote (sick of the sea of black).
    You could always order the bags they have on Skookum (TB sister company). Their medium road duffel s pretty close to Aeronaut size. It does look great in coyote... http://www.skookumdog.com/p/road-duffel-bag.html

No one will think less of you for using a dog travel bag.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Is the skookum bag in this thread a good representation of the coyote color? I've seen so many images of coyote and many seem to be on the yellow side. I like this brown version better if it's a true representation.

Not brown. Leaning yellow. More like blond wood color but in a fabric. Maybe get a small pouch and see the color. Cheapest way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandelion View Post
    Is the skookum bag in this thread a good representation of the coyote color? I've seen so many images of coyote and many seem to be on the yellow side. I like this brown version better if it's a true representation.
    No, it's not. It's definitely more yellow, as @meekasmom says. Subject to the usual caveat that colours can display differently across monitors, I think this is a pretty accurate representation (and not just because I took the photo!).

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    No, it's not. It's definitely more yellow, as @meekasmom says. Subject to the usual caveat that colours can display differently across monitors, I think this is a pretty accurate representation (and not just because I took the photo!).
    I agree, that is more accurate (on my monitor). I have a Coyote A45, and even though the pictures look great, it's far better in person. I was a bit unsure when I ordered it, but I'm really pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    Maybe get a small pouch and see the color. Cheapest way to do it.
    Even cheaper: Ask in the 'Comments' box in your next order for free fabric sample! (But I got a coyote Q-Kit to sample the fabric, hehe.)

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    Thanks for posting the image. I like the color....... looks like antiqued brass and much richer than some other representations of coyote. Nice!

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0