Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: How do you get box art?

How do you get box art?

I thought that the way you got box art was to put a note in the comment field asking for it, which I did, but I got nothing. Did I do it wrong or was this just a possible oversight on their part?
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps.

what is box art?

Hand-done drawings that the Crew places on some boxes that go out - I've seen some beautiful pictures photographed on the Forums, but I've never gotten box art. It must be a very small percentage of outgoing boxes, especially given all the new product rollouts!

oh I want some... post photos if you got some, please

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    oh I want some... post photos if you got some, please
    Try searching the Forums, as I know I've seen some photos posted, and also I think some are on the Flickr stream. The older Forums threads make wonderful late-night reading and are a wealth of information!
    eWalker likes this.

With as busy as it sounds like the TB folks are, they probably don't have the time to draw on all of the boxes. I got box art in the past when I asked...I'll have to take a picture of that box when I'm home this weekend. It involved Bigfoot and a sloth...

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I thought that the way you got box art was to put a note in the comment field asking for it, which I did, but I got nothing. Did I do it wrong or was this just a possible oversight on their part?
    I did the same since I bought myself a birthday present but didn't get box art either.

On whim I put in an idea for box art during checkout in the comment section. The "idea" was a bit kooky and I didn't expect it to be fulfilled. I was thrilled when my box arrived with my idea as box art. I cut out the art and may someday get around to framing it.

I am more intrigued by who writes the notes on TB postcards. Is it one person? many? Is s/he right handed? left? These are the questions I'm wanting answers to! LOL.
    Gumby and eWalker like this.
    so far: small clear OP (steel), small padded OP, small and medium DOP (burnt orange), Side Effect (black/steel), Synapse 19 (burnt orange/steel), Synapse 25 (burnt orange/steel)

want: Aeronaut 30 (black/steel), more BURNT ORANGE: OPs, keystraps, Side Effect, Ballistic Nylon, 200d Dyneema

I was told by Matt back in April or May that the artists (such as Scott) are not currently at TB and are on adventures at this time, so the box art hasn't been as easy to come by.
    Cork/Iberian Swift, Cork Organizer Wallet, Cardinal/Steel Western Flyer, Cardinal OP, Iberian Yarn Stuff Sacks (all 3 sizes) Black/Iberian Side Effect, Iberian PCSB, Iberian Travel Tray, Nordic Travel Tray, Steel Travel Tray Iberian Travel Stuff Sack Navy/Solar Synapse 25, Black/Iberian Ristretto for iPad

I requested -- and received -- some lovely box art on my most recent order. I'm enjoying a lovely vacation in Maine right now, but will try to remember to post a pic when I get home. (This of course assumes I will leave Maine -- not at all a certainty at this point!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Synapse 19, Co-Pilot, Side Effect, Small Cafe Bag, Western Flyer, Tri-Star, Travel Tray, Passport Pouch, Small Organizer Wallet (this is the little guy that started it all...), several Shop Bags and Organizer Pouches. More to come, I'm sure...

I mentioned box art on the order I received today and got a cute little card with a cartoon saying that they were backed up on box art at the moment. It might actually be better than "real" box art because I can hang it up--right now it's on my fridge

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    It's true! Our amazing box artists are off on new adventures far from our factory. We will miss them and their talents greatly, but are happy to know they're out there making their dreams real. Our current crew is made of writers and appreciators of literature, and we're thinking instead of box art we might start surprising people with our favorite quotes, famous and not-so-famous.

In the meantime, though, here's Beau's (one of the best box art artists ever) greatest box art hits...….

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369850991.787940.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  183.2 KB
    (photo by monkeyluis)

Name:  woolly.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  fal.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  66.2 KB

Name:  moon.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  95.0 KB
    (this one was a joint effort by Beau and Trevor)

Name:  box art.jpg
Views: 267
Size:  113.8 KB
    (photo by Aeon)
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

The Lunar landing one is mine! I'm honored to have it.

oh wow wow wow. This is fun.

We sent back a return with our own box art. ;-) It wasn't quite Beau-worthy, but...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0