Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: why only UPS?

why only UPS?

will someone from TB say why TB ships only via UPS and not USPS

-- was there a history of lost items

-- could it be that government employees are prone to guessing what is likely to be inside a TB box (apologies in advance to relatives of postal workers-- this is meant to be facetious--- joke, get it)?

--why?

I can get a pouch or two for much less than $10 and in half the time if TB shipping would consider US priority mail, especially to the East Coast.

--is it because the ocean is on the wrong side of the land?
    Last edited by meekasmom; 07-09-2014 at 07:21 PM.

It's carbon neutral. Smaller items will ship USPS, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Janine likes this.

how small?

one pouch, two pouches, red fish, blue fish....

I think it's because of UPS' Carbon Neutral/eco-responsible shipping program.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

which is what?

It'd be great if ÜPS could adopt a similar program to only use package friendly drivers. <facepalm>

ok, then. learn at least one something new everyday:

Reduce carbon footprint: UPS

Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

still --- five business days, man. that's long.

In my experience USPS is fairly efficient at moving items from Point A to Point B. However, their tracking information leaves a lot to be desired and their customer service is terrible. If something gets lost or damaged it can be a nightmare trying to sort things out. UPS is by no means perfect, but their systems seem to be a little more effective.

I'd love a USPS shipping option. I called and asked about it but was basically told that's just the way it is and that there was no other option. Personally I prefer USPS for cross country shipping because it tends to be less expensive for the faster shipping options (3 day etc). UPS ground takes no less than 5 business days to reach NY from the west coast so although it's cheap it's not always time friendly.

But that's not actually the reason I asked about it. A few months back we had some issues in our area with packages being stolen when left outside. The post office will hold them for pick up now if we ask and although UPS may do the same it is much further away and inconvenient to get to during business hours. I told this to the person at TB and was sort of brushed off with a line about packages being insured. I wasn't ever going to mention it but since you brought it up I figured I'd put my 2 cents in. Honestly I hope there is a good reason for the UPS only policy and I'd love to hear it because that was the single most unhelpful TB call I've ever made (not just because of the shipping thing, I had a few questions this person just seemed too busy to bother with). I'm just glad I knew it wasn't their normal CS standard. If I was a new customer I would have been pretty put off.

EDIT: and as I was typing this novel of a post all the replies about UPS being Eco friendly popped up. Now I can understand it. Still wish this guy had just told me that. It would have made so much more sense
    Last edited by jess; 07-09-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    still --- five business days, man. that's long.
    I've waited for over 2 weeks for packages shipped via USPS. Five business days isn't so bad. You've lived your whole life without that pouch or bag or whatever, 5 days isn't going to kill you. Orrrrr you could pay the extra cash to have it shipped via UPS air if waiting 5 days is a deal breaker.

those boxes, though. they are special. I somehow knew that without being told. I have kept every one (no, I am not saying how many there are stacking up here). I plan to reuse them for mailing something else again. I simply could not put them into the recyle bin.

Well, don't mark me as sentimental, but there is something way cool about even the boxes these things come in ...and these people in Seattle have been ever so nice to me, even when I know they have to repeating the same answer for the thousandth time and must be rolling their eyes. (I am not using video phone in, thank goodness!)

I have to say, it's quite refreshing in a cheaper now, cheaper more, big box store kind of atmosphere that pervades in the USA. Very nice indeed.
    Janine likes this.

Last edited by thorn; 07-09-2014 at 04:00 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

I, for one, am glad that I don't have to worry about a package being shipped USPS, or as Amazon now wants to do, with some other cross-country shipper and then USPS for end-point delivery. I've had more than my share (and seemingly more than Airborne Express, DHL, FedEx, OnTrac, and UPS combined) of delivery failures by USPS including loss of packages, packages "delivered" with "my signature" forged, and damages, all with inordinate effort required to recover the value of the goods. In some cases they have been things that were not replaceable, even if USPS had settled the claim (which they didn't).
    Melissa and RhoFro like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast