Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

I just saw the DLBP in Olive is available. Anyone have any photos to share?

Quote Originally Posted by Kippiann View Post
    I just saw the DLBP in Olive is available. Anyone have any photos to share?
    Holy smokes! I swear it wasn't an option yesterday!

I need to set up a content change alert for that webpage. Sometimes it's good to be a web geek! :-D
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Guys, I just read the DLBP product page and saw this (emphasis added by me):

"Or, pack a bit more clothing, a water bottle, and the other eight essentials: you're set for a hike."

What are the other eight essentials?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Holy smokes! I swear it wasn't an option yesterday!

I need to set up a content change alert for that webpage. Sometimes it's good to be a web geek! :-D
    Good idea! I think I'll have to set them up for like EVERY product page though.... Curse you TBAS!
    Janine and Ilkyway like this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Guys, I just read the DLBP product page and saw this (emphasis added by me):

"Or, pack a bit more clothing, a water bottle, and the other eight essentials: you're set for a hike."

What are the other eight essentials?
    They're talking about the ten essentials for hiking. The Ten Essentials

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    Janine said: "In case you guys didn't pick up on @Badger's hint from post #88, she gifted me my DLBP."

What hint? I thought she was addressing the cat.
    She was addressing the cat in the first line and giving a hint with the "ETA". :-)
    Last edited by Janine; 07-17-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaireJ View Post
    They're talking about the ten essentials for hiking. The Ten Essentials
    OOOOOOOH! Thanks for the link! Clearly it's a work in progress because I don't see chocolate on there anywhere.

(You may consider chocolate under "nutrition" but it is so much more than just that.)

That's what "nutrition" is I always carry chocolate as part of my hiking essentials...

Janine said: "In case you guys didn't pick up on @Badger's hint from post #88, she gifted me my DLBP."

Nancy says: "Wow, @Badger. You are the best friend ever!"

Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post

Nancy says: "Wow, @Badger. You are the best friend ever!"
    Funny, that's what I keep telling Janine ...

Actually, the DLBP was a gift to thank Janine for being a great friend to me! From the first time we met in person a couple of years ago, she has been a sound, critical and sympathetic listener, a great reader of stuff I have sent her way, and has given me great ideas for increasing merriment on the forum.

Speaking of gifts, the very first time we met and she didn't really know me from a hole in the ground, she gave me a 3D organizer cube as a present. Just because! It has been on almost every trip I've been on since then and is one of my favorite TB items, just because it came from her.

Here it is with Blinky, the uglydog:

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1405630883.106963.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  337.1 KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys are really, truly and absolutely gorges. If I had not singed into this forum already I would so much want to become a part of this. Seeing the care and kindniss pared up with all this humor and bone deep common sense is just so heard-worming. Thank you so much for sharing!

Ilkyway

Blinky is quite cute.

I can't remember if this has been posted about yet, so please excuse me if I am duplicating info, but I was totally excited to figure out the the DLBP folded in half does fit in the back panel of the A30. Woo hoo! Insert happy dance.

Name:  Daylight A30.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  100.2 KBName:  Daylight A30 2.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  120.5 KB

DLBP hangin' at the Shterberks

I'm sorry that the pic is all back-lit and horrid. But it's what you've come to expect from me, right?

Not going to provide a pictorial of my packing list because word. I'm in public. But: here's what I have with me:
    • 15" MBP in its thin 3rd party case
    • Medium OP with papers, a Fields Notes memo book, 3 pens, and some stamps
    • Small OP with hand sanitizer, mints, and eye drops
    • Earbuds (in front pocket)
    • MBP power brick and its long, long cord (in front pocket)

It's a pretty light load for a Friday afternoon of work at the coffee shop. I was kind of surprised though, that a) the MBP fit more than comfortably, and b) the DLBP was really comfortable to wear. I could have thrown another 7-8 pounds in there and been fine, and that's approaching the load-out I put in my S19.

And check it out: it's Burnt. Orange. Not. Black. I'm not sure I'd want a Burnt Orange bag any larger than this, but I really like it for the DLBP. It reminds me of the Cordura backpacks of my youth, which was ill-spent reading books in the library. I'm very happy with this little guy! I think we'll be together for a long while.

Are DLBPs going to be the new TB trading cards? You know...the thing we collect in every color? I am really loving the pictures of French Blue and Burnt Orange.

Day 3 of the Make Husband Crazy project was a day of rest. He was out of the office, which greatly reduced my chances to freak him out about wearing my DL at inappropriate times, and it rained tonight so I had to take it off when we got home so it could dry.

Additional observations:

10. At first I missed having a phone pocket, but I'm growing reaccustomed to stowing my phone in my SE. So, no worries.

11. Light rain doesn't bother the DLBP. It beaded up on the Cordura and all my stuff stayed dry.

12. I still want to go to a conference where a TB item is the freebie tote bag. I don't care what the conference is - One-Legged Chocolatiers, People Without Indoor Voices, Agoraphobic Ninjas - I'll go anywhere for any reason. I've become obsessed with the idea of TB cropping up in an unexpected place.

13. Oh, snap. Does hoping for a TB conference bag turn conferences into an expected place? Did I just ruin my chances?

14. *headpop*

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0