Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

I will try to do that.

Regarding your orange S25, I would say, get a feel of your company's "vibe" 1st, if they're really uptight about it and if you're dressed in dark sombre suits often, I wouldn't risk it.
    But if they're not too strict, you could have some fun there, and the Burnt Orange isn't a neon color after all, you certainly can't describe it as garish lol

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I will try to do that.

Regarding your orange S25, I would say, get a feel of your company's "vibe" 1st, if they're really uptight about it and if you're dressed in dark sombre suits often, I wouldn't risk it.
    But if they're not too strict, you could have some fun there, and the Burnt Orange isn't a neon color after all, you certainly can't describe it as garish lol
    Haha, no pressure at all. My partner and I have been talking about taking photos of TB bags around S'pore while doing Singaporean things (e.g. waiting in line at Koi Cafe) just for the fun of it. You may know the Lakerol/Gong Cha promo that ended a couple of weeks back (1 free cup of Gong Cha for every 2 empty Lakerol boxes!). It turns out that a MDOP can hold 3 small boxes and 1 large one:

Name:  10508014_1516116945284994_564787535_n.jpg
Views: 763
Size:  107.1 KB

I have been interning at the courts this week and carried my S25 yesterday while wearing a black suit. I got "Wow, that bag is ORANGE!", but that's about it. However, I am so not doing that next week unless it's work-safe! I should get a picture if I do.

Anyway, back to topic...
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-12-2014 at 07:38 AM.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

@adalangdon, a little off topic, but I have to say that I love your signature footer!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Has anyone tried to use this new backpack as an improvised "packing cube" while packing for a trip? If so, how well does it work for that function?

Also: how does this new pack's shoulder straps work compared to the Packing Cube Backpack? Are they more comfortable?
    eWalker likes this.
    Owner of: Super Ego briefcase (Black / Indigo / Steel) with Reflective Strip, Brain Cell (Steel), Horizontal Freudian Slip, various Organizer Pouches and Key Straps, and a Side Effect (Black / Wassabi) worn as a belt-style hip-pack.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    @adalangdon, a little off topic, but I have to say that I love your signature footer!
    Agreed, @adalangdon has a great signature footer! For all the TapaTalk users who can't read this, it says:
    On a mission to collect all the cute TB colours (in one bag-like form or another) ^^v
    I also think the unremarked upon Kelly/Navy Cafe Bag in her picture looks great! Is that a Cayenne 500d Medium Double Organizer Pouch holding those Lškerol boxes? You do realize that the standard DOP measure is the L„rabar, don't you? (Just kidding).
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I also think the unremarked upon Kelly/Navy Cafe Bag in her picture looks great!
    It really does! It's a very Irish/Celtic looking green. Me likey! (on smaller bags at least). I wonder why we don't see more of that. Might be a bit too bright/garish on something much bigger?
    eWalker likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post
    Has anyone tried to use this new backpack as an improvised "packing cube" while packing for a trip? If so, how well does it work for that function?

Also: how does this new pack's shoulder straps work compared to the Packing Cube Backpack? Are they more comfortable?
    @MtnMan You should read the posts towards the end of the Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread for comments on this topic. The basic answer is that you trade some of the packing cube functionality for better/more comfortable performance as a backpack compared to the Packing Cube Backpack for Tri-Star/Western Flyer. You get the additional comfort from the tapered design, and the tiered pockets that let you organize and distribute contents and their weight better. But that also means you can't pack out to the full rectangular extent of the PCBP. And the tapered design means that some rectangular items don't fit as well, such as the Large Organizer Pouch. It can be carried inside the DLBP main compartment if you let the topmost two corners bend. It doesn't fit the front diagonal slash pocket, even if you could flex the top to pass it through the slanted zipper where it bunches -- it won't lie flat if you push it in the way in would in the PCBP. Again, whether this is important depends on the individual user. NWhikergal is continuing to use the PCBP as a gym bag, even though she also uses the DLBP.

Similarly, the strap design is the same, but the DLBP is more comfortable to carry when weighted, because of the tapered design, reinforced pockets, and the way the internal contents and their weight is distributed due in part to the tapered design and this structure. So it's another useful travel option, and deciding when it is worth carrying depends on your usage profile. If I regularly carry a laptop, or need more flexibility, I'd still prefer to use a Synapse.

HTH moriond

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    It really does! It's a very Irish/Celtic looking green. Me likey! (on smaller bags at least). I wonder why we don't see more of that. Might be a bit too bright/garish on something much bigger?
    I've seen Kelly/Navy used for the old Utilty totes and for the first generation Swifts in Cordura. When the Synapses were first released, there was a very short run of Kelly Synapses with Steel Dyneema interiors -- it basically just about sold out in the initial pre-order. Darcy said that this was one of her personal favorite colors. Not sure why it didn't catch on more, but a lot of other colors have more coordinating color options across different bags.

Quote Originally Posted by MtnMan View Post

I'm not sure if this is a silly way to experiment for your question, but I loaded up a TS/WF PCBP and DLBP with towels(2 large each) and without making use of any of the DLBP's internal organization, they both felt the same on my back. I also tried them out unloaded, but immediately felt dumber as they are both so light it shouldn't have made a difference, but yeah, they felt the same too lol

1 more thing to consider would be: are you a waist strap user? If waist straps matter to you when using back packs, the DLBP has that, but not the PCBP.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I also think the unremarked upon Kelly/Navy Cafe Bag in her picture looks great! Is that a Cayenne 500d Medium Double Organizer Pouch holding those Lškerol boxes? You do realize that the standard DOP measure is the L„rabar, don't you? (Just kidding).
    Yup, Cayenne. Mwah, CS!

Alas, no Larabars on these shores. Okay, well, The Fitness Grocer sells them in singles at SGD$2.50 each (like US$2), but I smell a mark-up there.

I would love to see a Kelly/Navy Swift again sometime, if they bring back cordura as an option. It's bold and classy!

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Aw, thanks! Kindred spirits understand.
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

I was playing with my DLPB today and wanted to see how it would store in an S25. I know there were pics of the Daylight in the main compartment of the Synapse but I thought it might work better for me to stash it the bottom pocket. I'm happy to report that it's a perfect fit! And there was still room for a very full Side Effect along with the rolled backpack. I didn't try it but I'm sure I could still get either a lightweight hoodie or thin rain jacket in the pocket instead of the SE if that was preferred.

Name:  DLBP in S25 4.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  582.0 KB
    DLBP rolled and laying flat in the bottom pocket of the S25
    Name:  DLBP in S25 3.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  637.8 KB
    SE on top of the DLBP
    Name:  DLBP in S25 2.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  528.9 KB
    DLBP rolled and pushed up against the back of the S25 bottom pocket
    Name:  DLBP in S25 1.jpg
Views: 629
Size:  602.0 KB
    SE in front of the DLBP

The second option was my preferred configuration because it made the SE easier to access but it takes up a little more space in the Synapse's main compartment when filled this way. For me it's not an issue but if your Synapse was very full it might make a difference to you.

Usually this forum answers all my questions, whether they are about bags or not. I am sorry to report the EPIC FAIL of the forum to provide me with the answers to three burning questions:

1. What does a Steel DLBP look like? (Followed by a silent prayer that it isn't greenish.)

2. Can it carry a watermelon?

and

3. How many rolls of toilet paper can it carry?

Seriously, people! But fret no longer. A box was waiting on my front porch when I arrived home today. I fed the kids microwave popcorn for dinner, skipped bathtime, and tucked them in for bedtime 2.5 hours early so that I could finally solve these mysteries for us.

Enter Exhibit A. What could be lurking in that lovely, stealthy backpack?

Name:  14650292106_976b0c0a6e_z.jpg
Views: 533
Size:  137.3 KB

I knew you wouldn't believe me without photographic proof, so here:

Name:  14693180143_4d23238efb_z.jpg
Views: 516
Size:  103.9 KB

Why, it's a smallish watermelon!

Enter Exhibit B. What could be hiding in the LOVELY (but still slightly greenish) STEEL DLBP?

Name:  14486671748_b36656695c_z.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  104.7 KB

I know what you are thinking: a clue was lurking in the photo! But haha, you are wrong. It is not another cat. It is...SEVEN FULL ROLLS OF TOILET PAPER. You can rest easy tonight knowing that the DLBP can carry plenty of bathroom essentials for your comfort and hygiene.

BUT WAIT, there's more. What if...and I know this happens to many of us...you need to carry both a smallish watermelon AND toilet paper home from the store?

The DLBP has your back. And your backside. Literally.

Full:

Name:  14670983864_727fc83fa6_z.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  114.3 KB

And with contents displayed on the side for dramatic effect:

Name:  14693199093_3a8fb6f871_z.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  99.6 KB

No need to thank me. That these photos will forever be part of this forum and associated with my name is thanks enough. You're welcome.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Daylight Backpack

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post

Name:  14486671748_b36656695c_z.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  104.7 KB

Oh. Hey, Cathole.

ETA: who's the best??? No really. Who??

Three guesses!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Name:  14693199093_3a8fb6f871_z.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  99.6 KB
    Nobody puts DLBP in a corner.

Volunteer Moderator
    Usually this forum answers all my questions, whether they are about bags or not. I am sorry to report the EPIC FAIL of the forum to provide me with the answers to three burning questions:

1. What does a Steel DLBP look like? (Followed by a silent prayer that it isn't greenish.)

2. Can it carry a watermelon?

and

3. How many rolls of toilet paper can it carry?

<snip>

No need to thank me. That these photos will forever be part of this forum and associated with my name is thanks enough. You're welcome.
    Really, @Janine. Are there no mysteries left in life? Whatever happened to that sense of wonder and discovery?

grumpily,

moriond

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0