Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

Just in case this helps visualize, here are a couple quick o ring pics. 3 in the main compartment and 2 about midway down on opposite sides of the outside slash pocket. In terms of the strap comfort, I think those straps should be comfortable with a reasonable load. The one initial impression I had is that the pack will be less forgiving feeling with pointy objects against the back panel, due to its lack of cushioning and/or depending on the owner's tolerance for feeling pointy objects against his/her back. I will try carrying it to work today, so I will have a better idea soon.

Name:  DLBP rings2.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  129.4 KBName:  DLBP rings.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  119.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Best photos EVER! And +1 for the Le Creuset color match! That's better than Pantone, LOL!
    Pantone 18-4140 TCX for the win

Name:  pms18-4140.png
Views: 841
Size:  6.2 KB
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Just in case this helps visualize, here are a couple quick o ring pics. 3 in the main compartment and 2 about midway down on opposite sides of the outside slash pocket.
    Name:  DLBP rings2.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  129.4 KBName:  DLBP rings.jpg
Views: 826
Size:  119.8 KB
    Great pics! That is just what I wanted to check!!

Thanks a lot!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Pantone 18-4140 TCX for the win

Name:  pms18-4140.png
Views: 841
Size:  6.2 KB
    Hahahahah! Well done!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Hahahahah! Well done!
    Thx, it's the graphic artist/web designer in me, can't help it
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Is the French blue kind of saturated, like Nordic, or is it a baby blue or Robin's egg blue...?
    I should be able to figure this out from the Pantone color but even that would be visualized only on my computer, so it's hard for me to assess.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    1) Are the straps comfy even without padding? (I think PCBP owners would also know the answer, since the straps appear to be the same);
    I've got a WF/TS PCBP that I've used on day trips loaded with baby supplies (nappies, spare clothes, baby food, milk bottle & water bottle etc), as well as my own drink bottle and my mirrorless camera in a small Lowepro toploader bag - the straps are surprisingly very comfortable considering there's no padding, and I didn't find the pack itself uncomfortable against my back. I use a modular system (bags-in-bags kind of thing) so didn't have any real issue of anything poking into my back. Weight would be somewhere between 2-3kg.

@ NWhikergal awesome photos! I was eyeing the Burnt Orange but the French Blue looks great!

@bchaplin, the blue seems more like a rich cornflower blue to me, darker than baby blue, yet lighter than Nordic (see attached photo taken in bad flourescent office lighting).

@adalangdon, rather than putting a jacket in the bottom pocket, this morning I placed a lightly folded small shop bag in there for groceries later, and that provided really nice cushioning for my back. The pack is also extremely comfortable to carry with one strap, and it is super easy to access the slash front pocket in the same way as it is the side pockets on the S19 (slinging the bag under while still wearing one strap).

I can't wait to hear other folks' impressions soon! I will say that every time the cheery blue catches my eye, it makes me smile.

One last photo before I have officially crossed the posting too many photos line...photo of backpack on 5'3" person. Sorry for the awkward angle!

Name:  Blue.jpg
Views: 739
Size:  136.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-03-2014 at 01:27 PM.

Oh gosh. That french blue is beautiful. Hmm maybe I should have chosen that instead of black dyneema..
    My delivery has been on delivery truck since 6:30am... Still waiting for delivery...
    eWalker likes this.

One last photo before I have officially crossed the posting too many photos line...photo of backpack on 5'3" person. Sorry for the awkward angle!
    Oh but there is no such line, I can assure you that. Feel free to post pictures of your gourges TB Bag all day long. If you need ideas for more photos, taminca has always good ideas. We are very willing to help you out as an audience (what is the word if what we do is looking not listening?). This is the good forum! The one where you can live out your passion for making and posting pictures ;-)

Okay kidding aside: If I had not ordered the Daylight Backpack already you would have made me do so. Great pictures, thank you for taking the time to post them.

Ilkyway

Thank you, @NWhikergal. I decided to go with the navy color instead, as I am pretty specific about which blues I like, and although it is a beautiful color I was not 100% sure about it. I really appreciate the photos! They were very helpful. Also ordered a dyneema; I will keep one and send one back. I would have waited and decided on one or the other, but the Aeronaut 30, which was my main objective, were already getting sold out, and I will need it for an upcoming trip.

Thanks for all the advice and I will try to post photos of my own when I get the bags.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

The pack is also extremely comfortable to carry with one strap, and it is super easy to access the slash front pocket in the same way as it is the side pockets on the S19 (slinging the bag under while still wearing one strap).
    You already answered the question that popped into my mind as soon as I saw your picture!

I have been hopping for a TB sling bag for some time... It is bigger then I was considering but it may just fit the bill!!

Great, great photos!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    And as to the German/French Game on Frieday: They make good wine over there and they have by far the better taste in food but soccer??? Well, we are the BEST!
    Ha ha ha ha ha

Oh why did I read this thread? I just ordered one in black Dyneema. No self control

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Oh why did I read this thread? I just ordered one in black Dyneema. No self control
    Tell me about it. The pics of the SE in the top pocket have just about convinced me to add a SE to my order and see if I can use the daylight as my EDC for work.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0