Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    Back to topic: My Daylight Backpack will be here on Mondey (in plum!) if nothing happens on its way over. I am not sure if I can defend it against my girls... we will see. I want to try it as a bag-in-bag in my Smart Alec. Will report how this turns out. Why a backpack in a backpack? I leave my Smart Alec always in the car when we have supper with colleagues at a restaurant because I feel uncomfortably to bring such a huge backpack into a restaurant. But in the SE or my UMP-Modification my notebook and calander do not fit. So this might be the solution. If not the Co-Pilot will have to do the trick but I'd prefer a Backpack to do the job.
    Great minds think alike - I am totally thinking of carrying the Daylight Backpack inside the Brain Bag!

For anyone who is receiving the Daylight Backpack soon, I'd appreciate knowing how it fits, EMPTY, in a larger bag like the Synapse 25 or Smart Alec. For me, this is the point, since I have taken the Synapse 25 for a weekend trip, but was stuck with the problem of what to use as a daypack once on site (the S25 being too large for me). If you even have a comment about how it fits in either of the Aeronauts, that would be useful too.

I'm particularly interested in knowing how much of the available space the Daylight Backpack occupies (i.e., what is the impact on how much you can fit), and if there is a difference in the cordura vs. the dyneema.

Thanks!
    Last edited by bchaplin; 07-02-2014 at 04:42 AM.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

And there was me thinking you might question my sanity over this ;-)

Cant wait to see the pictures then Ilkyway..I ordered the French Blue one and am very curious. I didnt really need another backpack since I have both Synapses, but ...there is always a but! one can not have too many.
    As for soccer...Amen to what you said..to all of it..we will stay very quiet about loosing..hehe...When one lives overseas one gets very patriotic at times...back home I didnt care much about soccer....

Oh you guys are making me want a Daylight Backpack in the WORST way!!! I need another small travel stuff sack. Maybe if one accidentally fell into my shopping cart my husband would understand? I just adore that Burnt Orange, and I've wanted something in that color ever since it was first announced! Oh, the pain!!!!

As Ilkyway said before...I tiny travel stuff sack cannot travel alone...it needs something bigger that can take care of it.
    I am not a burnt orange fan, but the daylight pack really looks good in that color!

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    I am really excited about the Daylight Backpack!

I didn't see it in the description (or maybe I missed it), but will it (or could it) have webbing loops + gatekeeper clips so that you could attach a Cache with Rails?

It was a tough decision, but I ended up deciding on French Blue. But now I'm wondering if I should have gone with the Black Dyneema. This is always the hardest part...
    @maverick I ordered a Black Dyneema for me and is already on itīs way!

Your post got me thinking about o-rings on the top to fix a 3D packing cube or an Side Effect!

That would keep the design light and would complement nicely the bottom pockets.

Since I have seen from the SE page that mods like that have been done in the recent past, I am hopeful that it should not be too had to do.

Fingers crossed!!

Last edited by eWalker; 07-02-2014 at 05:49 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Could the new daylight backpack double as a large packing cube (somewhat) in the Western Flyer? I'll be acquiring a WF soon so I'm just curious. Thanks!

This could be a great backpack for biking/etc. My S25 is too big for casual rides around town and trails.
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    For anyone who is receiving the Daylight Backpack soon, I'd appreciate knowing how it fits, EMPTY, in a larger bag like the Synapse 25 or Smart Alec. For me, this is the point, since I have taken the Synapse 25 for a weekend trip, but was stuck with the problem of what to use as a daypack once on site (the S25 being too large for me). If you even have a comment about how it fits in either of the Aeronauts, that would be useful too.

I'm particularly interested in knowing how much of the available space the Daylight Backpack occupies (i.e., what is the impact on how much you can fit), and if there is a difference in the cordura vs. the dyneema.

Thanks!
    Mine isn't scheduled to arrive until next Wednesday but if no one posts pics before then I'd be happy to take some pics of it in my S25.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    Could the new daylight backpack double as a large packing cube (somewhat) in the Western Flyer? I'll be acquiring a WF soon so I'm just curious. Thanks!

This could be a great backpack for biking/etc. My S25 is too big for casual rides around town and trails.
    Once mine arrives, I can check this for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Once mine arrives, I can check this for you.
    I appreciate that, thanks
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

@bchaplin, it is possible my will power may have collapsed, and there might be one in my possession in the next day or so. If no one has done so by then, I would be happy to post photos of it with my Smart Alec.

I would love it if the Lovely Crew would take the time, (which they don't have), to find out which bag can accommodate the Daylight Backpack.

I suspect I will get the answer from forum members soon.

I checked the Daylight Backpack product page, just in case, I just had to repeat "read my mind, no more Cordura!"

However, the minute a new 400D/Travel Dyneema color comes out...

Dear Lovely Crew, please make sure, that you don't have extra 400D Travel Steel Dyneema, for just one more batch!
    Last edited by backpack; 07-02-2014 at 11:37 AM.

My French Blue Daylight should arrive tomorrow and I will post photos and impressions ASAP!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

taminca, that is great news. And for all the people who posted: I do pictures if... WE NEED THEM ALL. Everybody takes a diferent angle and these new designs need desperatly to get photographed by as many of us as possible so that everybody can get as good an impression as possible before buying.

Just my two cents...

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0