Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

I wasn't going to order the Daylight backpack. Didn't NEED it. After reading everyone's posts about how much they liked the DLBP, I folded. Ordered one today. Burnt Orange. I should get it tomorrow.

What is the music in the new video on the blog (for the DLB)?
    --------------------------------

Ooh! What a great idea @scribe! I would love to have a DLBP to use in the same way with my Western Flyer! For right now, my Packing Cube Backpack is serving in that function fairly well! I am trying to avoid that whole gimme thing, but in the case of the DLBP and the A45, I admit to struggling a bit!

How small can the DLBP fold up to fit into other bags? Thanks!
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Hey Jeff A. I folded it in half and slid it into the section for the backpack straps on my A30. If you want to stuff it into something, I could not get it to fit into my 3DFOC. It did fit into this stuff sack. The height is about the same as the 3DFOC and the diameter if the stuff sack is 4.5 inches, height is about 7 inches. The stuff sack is not full. It is the same stuff sack I used for my waterproof jacket.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff A View Post
    How small can the DLBP fold up to fit into other bags? Thanks!
    @Jeff A The best set of pictures to answer your question are probably the ones @eWalker posted of various ways to fold up the DLBP with some other pouches in the picture shown for scale. For example, look at this post (#189) near the end of the Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread. There are a bunch if these, starting with post #185. If you want to carry the DLBP in another bag, for example, flat but unfolded in the back zippered pocket of a Tri-Star or A45, @taminca shows that in the first page of the thread. And I have a pictures showing this for the Western Flyer w/Backpack straps in the middle of that thread.

@eWalker also showed pictures in the DayLight BackPack & Pilot: Perfect Match!! thread of the DLBP both holding a Pilot and then folded up to be carried in the back pocket of the pilot.

You can search through others of his posts in the attachment gallery. To bring up the post corresponding to an attached picture, click or tap on the downward pointing arrow to the right of an image and select "View Post" among the displayed options. I generated that link by going to the Attachment Gallery Forum, activating "search" at the far right and then activating "Advanced Search", then typing in the user name ("eWalker") in the appropriate field and running the search. The link is to the second page of his current attachments.

HTH (I don't have access to any of these bags at present)

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @Jeff A The best set of pictures to answer your question are probably the ones @eWalker posted of various ways to fold up the DLBP with some other pouches in the picture shown for scale. For example, look at this post (#189) near the end of the Daylight Backpack Impressions/Photos thread. There are a bunch if these, starting with post #185. If you want to carry the DLBP in another bag, for example, flat but unfolded in the back zippered pocket of a Tri-Star or A45, @taminca shows that in the first page of the thread. And I have a pictures showing this for the Western Flyer w/Backpack straps in the middle of that thread.

@eWalker also showed pictures in the DayLight BackPack & Pilot: Perfect Match!! thread of the DLBP both holding a Pilot and then folded up to be carried in the back pocket of the pilot.

You can search through others of his posts in the attachment gallery. To bring up the post corresponding to an attached picture, click or tap on the downward pointing arrow to the right of an image and select "View Post" among the displayed options. I generated that link by going to the Attachment Gallery Forum, activating "search" at the far right and then activating "Advanced Search", then typing in the user name ("eWalker") in the appropriate field and running the search. The link is to the second page of his current attachments.

HTH (I don't have access to any of these bags at present)
    Excellent reply as always @moriond, I appreciate it! I think the Burnt Orange DLBP is calling my name
    Steel-Ultraviolet Western Flyer (rolling-luggage-version) | Black Cordura-Wasabi Synapse 25 | Black Dyneema-Wasabi Side Effect | Aubergine-Wasabi Co-Pilot | Navy-Iberian Co-Pilot | Iberian Travel Tray | Nordic Large Shop Bag | Ultraviolet Travel Stuff Sack Size #2 | Ultraviolet Small Clear Organizer Pouch | Kiwi Q-Kit | Steel Nano Parapack Pouch | Wasabi 3D Organizer Pouch

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    Hey Jeff A. I folded it in half and slid it into the section for the backpack straps on my A30. If you want to stuff it into something, I could not get it to fit into my 3DFOC. It did fit into this stuff sack. The height is about the same as the 3DFOC and the diameter if the stuff sack is 4.5 inches, height is about 7 inches. The stuff sack is not full. It is the same stuff sack I used for my waterproof jacket.
    Thanks Pokliani! I appreciate it So many fun toys!

There is a Wasabi Daylight listed on eBay that looks like the special edition made for the recent World Domination Summit. It just showed up on my eBay App but I do not know how to post a link to it. Checked the eBay thread but did not see it posted either.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    There is a Wasabi Daylight listed on eBay that looks like the special edition made for the recent World Domination Summit. It just showed up on my eBay App but I do not know how to post a link to it. Checked the eBay thread but did not see it posted either.
    It kind of looks like a Daylight backpack. The top part of the diagonal zipper doesn't go as high up as the regular Daylight. Not sure if there are 3 interior pockets either. Definitely looks like a special version of something, haha!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tom-Bihn-Pac...item3394a11ed0

@Jeff A
    here's a little more info if you're interested in that Wasabi DLBP.
    Tom Bihn takes over the world

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    @Jeff A
    here's a little more info if you're interested in that Wasabi DLBP.
    Tom Bihn takes over the world
    Thanks, much appreciated!

Daylight Backpick video - where's the hike?

Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    I'd also like to know where that hike takes place - it looks great!

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bltkmt View Post
    An original compositions by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.

And the hike: somewhere in the Olympic Mountains in Washington. There's so many amazing hikes up there with those kinds of views!
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

acv
    Quote Originally Posted by Darcy View Post
    An original compositions by Daniel L.K. Caldwell.

And the hike: somewhere in the Olympic Mountains in Washington. There's so many amazing hikes up there with those kinds of views!
    It's so different here on the opposite side of the country - talking about NY. I've hiked much of the AT in the area and have done a few hikes in the Adirondacks but for me it's just not the same as what you guys have. We live in the tree line and views happen but only at certain point on the trail - a nice rock outcropping or near a cliff.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0