Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

Ditto on the BIG "Welcome Back" to @eWalker!
    eWalker likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    I am so glad to hear your mother is fine! What a terrible situation for you both! You were certainly calm, cool, and collected!
    Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    So relieved to hear that your mother is fine ewalker!!! Its in times like this when good gear and good packing skills come in handy.
    The daylight pack proofed its worth under extreme conditions..now I hope you will enjoy it for more pleasant outings. Take care....
    Quote Originally Posted by ncb4 View Post
    I am very happy and relieved to hear that your mother is all right after such a scare. You amaze me with how organized you were in such a crisis! And those photos of the Daylight in Black Dyneema are fantastic. Thank you for sharing them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    eWalker I am glad you are back and glad everything turned out well! I love happy endings.
    Great pictures, make me nearly rethink black dyneema.
    Ilkyway
    Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!
    Welcome back, eWalker!!!
    Glad to hear that all is well!
    Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Ditto on the BIG "Welcome Back" to @eWalker!
    Thanks, I am very happy to be back! Itīs a great felling to know that you have the right tools to act when a emergency happen!

The funny thing is that now I have to live with a very talkative new convert (AKA my mom)! I have no hope to get my Snake Charmer back unless I produce one for her. She was always complained about the awful boring and unattractive medicine storage box ! BTW she is also a purple lover!

Oh boy, I am so doomed!

And yes, yes black Dyneema is great... I am dead anxious for my black Dyneema CP to arrive!!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Ok I hope this isn't derailing the thread too much, but a friend found this at a local supermarket today and I just had to share it.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  135.2 KB
    And no, I'm not going to try stuffing that in my DLBP. Maybe if I had a Smart Alec or Guide's Pack.
    Hmmmmmmmm.......
    No no no, cannot consider those!

Haha, @icebeng.
    12KG? It kinda sound too big to squeeze in a DLBP.

Also, what color you got for your DLBP?
    eWalker likes this.
    A45 Navy/Solar, Pilot Steel 400d/Steel, PCSB Nordic 400d, UMP Steel 400d
    BC VerticalSize1, HorizontalM2
    TTIberian+Solar, SC Olive, YSS Tall/Clear/Solar
    DOP Medium/Olive, COP Small/Olive, PP Navy/Solar

Buy List Wouldn't mind Used/Like New: SA, CP, Ristretto
    ~Live Long & Prosper by Vulcan

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Haha, @icebeng.

Holy water melon!! I didn't see the weight!

If you achieve to fit this on DLBP .... I try to fit a teenager obese basset hound puppy!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Quote Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
    Haha, @icebeng.

Yep, it's even heavier than a big sack of rice! But with the weather nowadays, I don't really mind eating all of it, all by myself, at one shot!
    I'll probably die puking 1st though lol

I got a French Blue DLBP!
    http://www.tombihn.com/forums/tom-bi...html#post71875

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  135.2 KB
    Come to me, my darling....
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Come to me, my darling....
    Janine, you DO realize that THAT water melon will not "be a cheap and semi-effective massage"?
    It will roll you flatter than a skinny pizza!

Janine, you DO realize that THAT water melon will not "be a cheap and semi-effective massage"?
    It will roll you flatter than a skinny pizza!
    I'm woman enough to haul that beast. It's lighter than either one of my kids (though not by much) and I carry them around all the time.

It's ON.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Forgot I'm talking to a MOTHER. To twins at that!
    <bows in reverence>

Forgot I'm talking to a MOTHER. To twins at that!
    <bows in reverence>
    Thanks for that! At least someone bows in reverence...the kids sure don't!

Warning: there are no watermelons [nor, alas, toilet paper] in the photos which follow. My abject apologies!

My Black Dyneema Daylight arrived today, right after I returned home from the peach orchard with a sack full of O'Henry's. Hmmm, peach daiquiris, here we come!

Anyway, I was pretty excited about the Daylight. And the first thing I did was girl it up with some Pretty Pink Paracord Pulls, which add a little color and also safety since they are reflective.

Then I did my first test pack, thinking about creating a portable office that I can take to sip chai latte and pretend to get some work done next week when I'm back in the Virginia mountains taking care of my mom post-lumbar fusion.

Here is my list:

1. Macbook Air 11-inch in homemade felt case
    2. MBA charger in my beloved Friend of Tom Medium OP
    3. iPad Air in Etsy case
    4. Urbans Ears collapsible headphones and Purple Nano in UV Dyneema 3D Organizer Cube. [I attached the green carabiner to the o-ring at the top of the small inside pocket and run the long Key Strap through it]
    5. Medium Double Organizer pouch with pens and notebooks
    6. Sunglass case
    7. Nordic SE with my iPhone, earbuds, slim Coach wallet, and keys
    8. Blue Zojirushi mug
    9. Papers in blue plastic folder [I tried putting these in a Large UV OP that I have, but it wouldn't fit inside the front zip pocket of the Daylight]
    10. Waist strap for the Daylight, removed and stored in Small Cork OP

Name:  Group2.jpg
Views: 284
Size:  159.0 KBName:  Group.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  805.4 KB

This is how I packed it.

1. Upper Pocket: the UV Dyneema case looped through a carabiner in the o-ring, and the sunglasses case
    2. Lower Pocket: the MBA and the iPad air in their respective cases. I did this because this secures them and keeps them from sloshing around inside the bag. Since I've got the MBA in a felt case, it feels comfortably soft against my back when wearing the Daylight
    3. Main compartment: the Zojirushi thermal mug [16 ounces, 9 inches tall] and the Nordic Side Effect. Although the Zojirushi has a locking lid that not prevents leaks, I wanted it and the electronics to be in separate places. Another reason to secure the MBA and iPad Air in the Lower Pocket.
    5. Outside Zip Pocket: the papers in their case, the Medium OP, the Cork OP, and the FoT OP, attached with a key strap to an o-ring.

I might substitute a 3DOC with toiletries for the one with my headphones. There is still room to easily put more inside the bag, and this load felt comfortable to carry. I'm amazed at how comfortable the plain web shoulder straps are.

Note: I may move the folder with papers to the Lower Pocket in the main section of the bag, since it's hard to slip back inside the Zipper Pocket once the bag is already loaded.

Name:  OtherSide.jpg
Views: 300
Size:  453.5 KBName:  Side.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  422.8 KBName:  Stuffed2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  461.2 KB

I admit, I was a bit worried about the Daylight's lack of structure, but I think I may come to prefer that both for its lighter weight, compared to the Synapse 19, for example; and also because it offers greater flexibility in how you pack it. Yet the there are still built-in things like the two inner pockets, the outer zip pocket, and the o-rings that give you options for adding your own organization. I'm thinking of how I might use Key Straps, carabiners, and Double Carabiners to do that.

Next I'm going to try packing my camera kit in here. I think it will have to be in a padded case of some kind, but I've got one of those, so we'll see.

I'm already thinking about ordering a second Daylight. this time in Burnt Orange. I'm hooked!

~Nancy

LOVE THE ZIPPER-PULLS
    moriond and ncb4 like this.

ncb4, I love this post. Now I know I'm going to love the DLBP in dyneema! I can't wait for TH!
    ncb4 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokilani View Post
    ncb4, I love this post. Now I know I'm going to love the DLBP in dyneema! I can't wait for TH!
    @Pokilani, so your twin to mine is arriving Thursday? Only 48 hours to go!

~Nancy

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0