Ditto on the BIG "Welcome Back" to @eWalker!
Ditto on the BIG "Welcome Back" to @eWalker!
The funny thing is that now I have to live with a very talkative new convert (AKA my mom)! I have no hope to get my Snake Charmer back unless I produce one for her. She was always complained about the awful boring and unattractive medicine storage box ! BTW she is also a purple lover!
Oh boy, I am so doomed! :p
And yes, yes black Dyneema is great... I am dead anxious for my black Dyneema CP to arrive!!
Ok I hope this isn't derailing the thread too much, but a friend found this at a local supermarket today and I just had to share it.
And no, I'm not going to try stuffing that in my DLBP. Maybe if I had a Smart Alec or Guide's Pack.
No no no, cannot consider those!
12KG? It kinda sound too big to squeeze in a DLBP.
Also, what color you got for your DLBP?
I'll probably die puking 1st though lol
I got a French Blue DLBP!
Forgot I'm talking to a MOTHER. To twins at that!
<bows in reverence> :)
Warning: there are no watermelons [nor, alas, toilet paper] in the photos which follow. My abject apologies!
My Black Dyneema Daylight arrived today, right after I returned home from the peach orchard with a sack full of O'Henry's. Hmmm, peach daiquiris, here we come!
Anyway, I was pretty excited about the Daylight. And the first thing I did was girl it up with some Pretty Pink Paracord Pulls, which add a little color and also safety since they are reflective.
Then I did my first test pack, thinking about creating a portable office that I can take to sip chai latte and pretend to get some work done next week when I'm back in the Virginia mountains taking care of my mom post-lumbar fusion.
Here is my list:
1. Macbook Air 11-inch in homemade felt case
2. MBA charger in my beloved Friend of Tom Medium OP
3. iPad Air in Etsy case
4. Urbans Ears collapsible headphones and Purple Nano in UV Dyneema 3D Organizer Cube. [I attached the green carabiner to the o-ring at the top of the small inside pocket and run the long Key Strap through it]
5. Medium Double Organizer pouch with pens and notebooks
6. Sunglass case
7. Nordic SE with my iPhone, earbuds, slim Coach wallet, and keys
8. Blue Zojirushi mug
9. Papers in blue plastic folder [I tried putting these in a Large UV OP that I have, but it wouldn't fit inside the front zip pocket of the Daylight]
10. Waist strap for the Daylight, removed and stored in Small Cork OP
Attachment 7938Attachment 7939
This is how I packed it.
1. Upper Pocket: the UV Dyneema case looped through a carabiner in the o-ring, and the sunglasses case
2. Lower Pocket: the MBA and the iPad air in their respective cases. I did this because this secures them and keeps them from sloshing around inside the bag. Since I've got the MBA in a felt case, it feels comfortably soft against my back when wearing the Daylight
3. Main compartment: the Zojirushi thermal mug [16 ounces, 9 inches tall] and the Nordic Side Effect. Although the Zojirushi has a locking lid that not prevents leaks, I wanted it and the electronics to be in separate places. Another reason to secure the MBA and iPad Air in the Lower Pocket.
5. Outside Zip Pocket: the papers in their case, the Medium OP, the Cork OP, and the FoT OP, attached with a key strap to an o-ring.
I might substitute a 3DOC with toiletries for the one with my headphones. There is still room to easily put more inside the bag, and this load felt comfortable to carry. I'm amazed at how comfortable the plain web shoulder straps are.
Note: I may move the folder with papers to the Lower Pocket in the main section of the bag, since it's hard to slip back inside the Zipper Pocket once the bag is already loaded.
Attachment 7940Attachment 7941Attachment 7942
I admit, I was a bit worried about the Daylight's lack of structure, but I think I may come to prefer that both for its lighter weight, compared to the Synapse 19, for example; and also because it offers greater flexibility in how you pack it. Yet the there are still built-in things like the two inner pockets, the outer zip pocket, and the o-rings that give you options for adding your own organization. I'm thinking of how I might use Key Straps, carabiners, and Double Carabiners to do that.
Next I'm going to try packing my camera kit in here. I think it will have to be in a padded case of some kind, but I've got one of those, so we'll see.
I'm already thinking about ordering a second Daylight. this time in Burnt Orange. I'm hooked!
LOVE THE ZIPPER-PULLS
ncb4, I love this post. Now I know I'm going to love the DLBP in dyneema! I can't wait for TH!