Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

It looks like 13 3/8 ounces, so less than 1 pound.

Name:  DLBP.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  132.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    I'm a little late to this discussion - but -

is it an European or African watermelon?
    How about a cube shaped watermelon that originated from Japan?
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/mbvd/japan-b...omers-overseas
    I think it should fit better in the DLBP, but the downside is, you won't get the massage effect. :D

ETA: it should also be possible to stack 2 or 3 of those inside the DLBP lol

Quote Originally Posted by eightspokedb View Post
    I'm a little late to this discussion - but -

is it an European or African watermelon?
    Neither! It was North American!

AAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Project Make Husband Crazy has been concluded successfully. He told me, "Take that thing off! You're wearing a backpack on your own couch! What's in it...your insulin pump?" (I don't have an insulin pump.)

I consider his loss of composure my winning move. Yay, me!

I'm still playing, though. Just because it's so much fun.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

I just guffawed out loud. In the office. And I mean LOUD.
    Maybe you should stop, Janine, they might send me to an institution soon if you keep this up.....
    Oh heck, KEEP IT UP, GIRL!!! You ROCK!!!

DayLight Backpack is awesome as an Emergency Grab Bag!

Hi Bihnions!

I donīt know how to start to tell you how much I missed You all!

I received my first TB Box with the DayLight Backpack in an afternoon and in the same night It went to work!

Kind of funny to start using the DLBP in the middle of the night!!

I was holding my anxiety because I wanted to take some unboxing pictures and so on but it didnīt happen as I was planning... It was little past midnight when my mother waked me up in panic!! She waked up felling wet to find out that under her was a huge blood stain.

As soon as I waked up, after helping her to clean and change, I started to think about going to the hospital and what should I take with us. I had been thinking about emergency bags for a while so I had already some idea where to start. I opened the box in a hurry to take out the DLBP and look what else I could use to pack. This box items where basically the DLBP plus some organizers that where not on backorder that I throwed in so the DLBP would not travel alone.

In the Box:

. Snake Charmer
    . Coyote Organizer Pouches
    . Small Yarn Stuff Sack
    . Small Aeronaut 45 Packing Cubes
    . 3D Clear organizer Cube
    . 3D Mesh organizer Cube
    . Knitting Tool Pouch #2
    . Key straps

Those items were not meant to be used together or to be more precise, I was not planning to, but they were just perfect!

I remembered a post from a nurse saying that the SC so I grabbed it to corral my mothers boxes of medicines. Placed on the bottom of DLBP.

Then I rolled a pair of pants, two t-shirts, underwear, socks & a dress and placed easily on a A45 small packing cube planning to force it somehow in the DLBP, and surprise... I fitted quite nicely! I took the SC out and placed the PC on the bottom.

Believe me, that top loop of webbing is so handy when you are moving faster then you are thinking! Thanks for that Tom!!

I grabbed a small cyan notebook and placed in the top pocket and since I was taking the notebook, I used the KTP2 for some pens.

I used the 3DCOC for toiletries and the 3DMOC to out some cereal bars and candy. :P

I placed the chargers and cables on the YSS and realized that my mother is a Knitter and grabbed some purple yarn and a pair of needles to keep her busy. YSS and 3D organizers went on the top of the snake charmer.

I used the the coyote organizers on the front pocket for coins, cash, cards and my medicines.

And finally placed a A4 folder with her medical info on the front pocket!

I closed the bag and just could not believe that I was able to organize and put everything on that small bag in such a hurry!

I grabbed the book I am reading to keep me company and run out!

I took a picture to illustrate my organized mess...

Name:  small.jpg
Views: 433
Size:  51.0 KB

PS. My mother is fine and already at home!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-25-2014 at 01:13 AM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Whew @ eWalker! Many of us have been worried about you and your mom. So good to hear that she is much better and home....and that you're back with us at the forum. Your "organized mess" is no mess at all, in fact unbelievably organized. But the stress you felt is palpable in your post. You did really well. I have been in your shoes a few times with my husband, but not lately "knock on wood". The first time I had no TB bags, nor even a largish non-TB PLO. Luckily I had already been scoping out the website. I literally ordered a bag from the coffee shop at the hospital. Because I live near Seattle, it arrived the next day. Then I planned my pack list, loaded up and never looked back. I'm glad your TB stuff served you well. Take care.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Loved, loved this bag!

I loved the shoulder straps..

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 436
Size:  27.8 KB

They are very comfortable and look like gun holster straps... very discreet and unobstructive.

Name:  body-copy-image-for-scotts-article-11-30.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  118.0 KB

have a slim profile that doesnīt make you look like a ninja turtle!

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 440
Size:  72.4 KB

The hip belt is comfortable and long enough to accommodate those of us that are not in such good shape. BTW, is not me on the pictures.

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  49.0 KB
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-24-2014 at 02:57 PM.

And it has a good balance to be used over a single shoulder even if fully packed!

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  70.9 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  108.4 KBName:  5.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  65.2 KB

And I just loved Black Dyneema on this Bag!

There is just one thing I think could be improved...

There could be pockets on both sides of the main compartment!! Those pockets are great!! Simple, flexible, easy to access even in the dark, just the right size!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-24-2014 at 03:10 PM.

I am so glad to hear your mother is fine! What a terrible situation for you both! You were certainly calm, cool, and collected!

So relieved to hear that your mother is fine ewalker!!! Its in times like this when good gear and good packing skills come in handy.
    The daylight pack proofed its worth under extreme conditions..now I hope you will enjoy it for more pleasant outings. Take care....

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    Whew @ eWalker! Many of us have been worried about you and your mom. So good to hear that she is much better and home....and that you're back with us at the forum. Your "organized mess" is no mess at all, in fact unbelievably organized. But the stress you felt is palpable in your post. You did really well. I have been in your shoes a few times with my husband, but not lately "knock on wood". The first time I had no TB bags, nor even a largish non-TB PLO. Luckily I had already been scoping out the website. I literally ordered a bag from the coffee shop at the hospital. Because I live near Seattle, it arrived the next day. Then I planned my pack list, loaded up and never looked back. I'm glad your TB stuff served you well. Take care.
    Thanks @monkeylady! Itīs unbelievable how much you can remember even when under stress! I am really glad of every single posts I read. Never thought I would use those items like that! They were meant for my mobile office! The shared experiences on the Forum made all the difference!!

I am very happy and relieved to hear that your mother is all right after such a scare. You amaze me with how organized you were in such a crisis! And those photos of the Daylight in Black Dyneema are fantastic. Thank you for sharing them.
    eWalker likes this.

eWalker I am glad you are back and glad everything turned out well! I love happy endings.

Great pictures, make me nearly rethink black dyneema.

Ilkyway
    eWalker likes this.

WOOOOOOOOT!!!!!
    Welcome back, eWalker!!!
    Glad to hear that all is well!
    eWalker likes this.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0