Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1026Likes

Thread: Daylight Backpack

I'm pretty sure my house is a conference for People Without Indoor Voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    I'm pretty sure my house is a conference for People Without Indoor Voices.
    You have kids, don't you?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    You have kids, don't you?
    Why, yes! 4, 6, and 9.
    Janine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Why, yes! 4, 6, and 9.
    :-)

Boys or girls?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Project Make The Husband Crazy resumed early this morning.

Husband: "Why are you wearing a backpack?"

Janine: "What backpack?"

I think he's launched a counter-campaign, though, because later he said, "Good Morning, Tom!" and kissed the DLBP.

Hmm. This latest development may indicate a change of tactic is needed.

I like to see, that Mr. Janine is a match for you. A humorous, creative and caring person like you deserves to have a matched spouce. Think about how boring your marriage might be, if Mr. Janine went bananas after your first attempt to brainwash him Tom Bihn Style.

Can you pleas consider selling this story to a sitcom-producer? Well, after developing it for our sake a bit further... and further... and further.

Ilkyway

:-)

Boys or girls?
    A girl and two boys. They are equally loud.
    Janine likes this.

Project Make The Husband Crazy resumed early this morning.

Husband: "Why are you wearing a backpack?"

Janine: "What backpack?"

I think he's launched a counter-campaign, though, because later he said, "Good Morning, Tom!" and kissed the DLBP.

Hmm. This latest development may indicate a change of tactic is needed.
    I think the spouse units' reactions might be explained, because it is, most probably, one of the first line of designer bags, with a man's name on them, that regular people can afford.

So spouses think: it is not a luxury item (in leather, with big name recognition and the price tag to match),
    or a girly bag (with the name of a woman or a European clothe designer on it),
    it has a unisex design.

So puzzled spouse thinks:
    why or why those items, from the tiniest Key Strap to the biggest Travel Bags, the strategic budgets plans to get them, their time in transit and arrival such a big deal?
    Spouse mutters: "darn brown box(es)"

Why is it that the launch from the tiniest of Accessories to the newest Travel Bag shift the attention of my spouse eyes to my perfect silhouette?
    Spouse wears mis-matching outfit on purpose, make outrageous statement or send kids, pets, or both to make sure we are still, you know, there.

They shudder at the thought that our houses will turn into a TB showcase, the same way people have set up their dwellings around their Star Wars memorabilia.

They positively go catatonic, at the though of, a Star Trek like, Tom Bihn Convention.

Because, you know that it will mean more time on the forum, the blog, connecting/planning/getting super exited to see Bihnthusiasts in person, in the Mothership!!!

Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! Beeeeem meeeeeee up Bihn Crew!

Please don't utter the last sentence outloud if you don't want to see your next shipment mysteriously, "returned to sender".

Shouting it, especially in the middle of spouse, children naps or during, universaly accepted quiet hours like between 2200 and 600 hours.
    Last edited by backpack; 07-19-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Speaking of gifts, the very first time we met and she didn't really know me from a hole in the ground, she gave me a 3D organizer cube as a present. Just because! It has been on almost every trip I've been on since then and is one of my favorite TB items, just because it came from her.
    I wasn't the only one bringing presents to a complete stranger. The Stealth Alec that I bought from you was stuffed with goodies, including this treasure:

Name:  14701229275_c494b373c4_z.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  93.7 KB

It "expired" on January 6th of this year, but I'm going to keep it forever. FOR. EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I like to see, that Mr. Janine is a match for you.
    He is actually my superior in the field of Playful Annoyances. I struggle to keep up!

Mr. Janine once spent 3 days setting me up for a really, REALLY bad pun - you know the kind of joke that only a dad would tell? The funny thing wasn't the fact that he spent so much time setting it up, but rather than neither of us can remember what the joke was. Even with the elaborate setup, the joke was still completely forgettable. I remember him laughing so hard that he was shaking and tears leaked out of his eyes, while I stood there saying, "Really? Really? You worked so hard just for that?"

Sometimes I wonder if our headstones will each have a carving of a hand, his pointing to me and mine pointing to him, with inscriptions reading "I GOT YOU!" and "NO YOU DIDN'T!"

He is actually my superior in the field of Playful Annoyances. I struggle to keep up!

Mr. Janine once spent 3 days setting me up for a really, REALLY bad pun - you know the kind of joke that only a dad would tell? The funny thing wasn't the fact that he spent so much time setting it up, but rather than neither of us can remember what the joke was. Even with the elaborate setup, the joke was still completely forgettable. I remember him laughing so hard that he was shaking and tears leaked out of his eyes, while I stood there saying, "Really? Really? You worked so hard just for that?"
    Any guy who will work for THREE days to set up a bad pun is a keeper!

Usually this forum answers all my questions, whether they are about bags or not. I am sorry to report the EPIC FAIL of the forum to provide me with the answers to three burning questions:

1. What does a Steel DLBP look like? (Followed by a silent prayer that it isn't greenish.)

2. Can it carry a watermelon?
    I'm a little late to this discussion - but -

is it an European or African watermelon?
    never skate faster than your guardian angel can fly....black and gold til I'm dead and cold....

this is officially my favorite thread. just saying. now, which color DLBP should i get...i like the trading cards idea. they should sell them in a set of three for the season like field notes!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    this is officially my favorite thread. just saying. now, which color DLBP should i get...i like the trading cards idea. they should sell them in a set of three for the season like field notes!
    A great but dangerous (to my wallet) idea!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Does anyone know the weight of the Cordura DLBP? The product page only lists a weight for the dyneema version. I'm guessing less than a pound?

Sent from my Iconia W4-820 using Tapatalk
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0