• 1 Post By icebeng
  • 4 Post By adalangdon
  • 2 Post By moriond
  • 1 Post By icebeng
  • 1 Post By adalangdon
  • 3 Post By moriond

Thread: Synapse 25 in WHAT color?!

Synapse 25 in WHAT color?!

Uh...guys...if ya'll haven't noticed due to the excitement of all the amazing, new, jaw dropping items...the, uh, Synapse 25 is now listed as available in French Blue. Huh. Who'd a thunk it?

Now I'm wondering if they'll ever make the Synapses in Storm Cordura, or is this the closest it'll ever get.
    It doesn't help that the lining is in Steel, I love the color combo!
    I'm actually having itchy trigger fingers over it, more so than any of the new items, which might be a good thing for my wallet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Who'd a thunk it?
    That was my first thought too after the announcement.

Followed by "WOMAN YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ORANGE S25"... and so I got the Daylight instead.

But yeah, @icebeng-- 'tis a great colour combo. Totally droolworthy <3 Please get one and take lots of nice photos, hehe.
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-01-2014 at 12:17 AM.

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    Uh...guys...if ya'll haven't noticed due to the excitement of all the amazing, new, jaw dropping items...the, uh, Synapse 25 is now listed as available in French Blue. Huh. Who'd a thunk it?
    This was one of Darcy's announcements last Friday under the Updates On Backorders thread, where she continues to post bags that come back into stock, including new color options. She also tweeted this information. It's probably a good idea to put up a separate post about this. (Also, new buyers who are fans of the Navy/Solar combination might want to pick up the Synapse 25 in this color combination before Solar is finally retired).

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    Now I'm wondering if they'll ever make the Synapses in Storm Cordura, or is this the closest it'll ever get.
    It doesn't help that the lining is in Steel, I love the color combo!
    I'm actually having itchy trigger fingers over it, more so than any of the new items, which might be a good thing for my wallet lol
    @icebeng This is hard to predict, but my guess is that they're less likely to offer the Synapse in Storm Cordura than French Blue. Storm is a lovely color, but also subtle with somewhat changeable hues depending on the setting, like stormy skies. It's quite lovely against steely gray tones (like Steel 400d Dyneema and Aubergine, where the blue casts show up very well against the background.) One reason we've seen more of Storm recently (in the Cafe Bags) is probably due to the way it contrasts well against the Parapack colors (especially navy). However, I think an obviously "bluer" tone, like French Blue, is likely to appeal to more people who browse pictures of the color selections.

That's unless somebody takes some spectacular pictures of Storm pouches against Aubergine, etc. Just my thoughts. YMMV.

moriond

Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    That was my first thought too after the announcement.

Followed by "WOMAN YOU ALREADY HAVE AN ORANGE S25"... and so I got the Daylight instead.

But yeah, @icebeng-- 'tis a great colour combo. Totally droolworthy <3 Please get one and take lots of nice photos, hehe.
    You're not making it any easier for me, and my wallet wants to fire one of those Acme bazookas they have in Looney Tunes at you lol

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    @icebeng This is hard to predict, but my guess is that they're less likely to offer the Synapse in Storm Cordura than French Blue.

However, I think an obviously "bluer" tone, like French Blue, is likely to appeal to more people who browse pictures of the color selections.
    I /sense/ that generally, the bright colours chosen for backpacks are different enough to be quirky/fun, but not so bright as to be overwhelming in a medium/large pack (e.g. plum, indigo, french blue, even burnt orange). My money was on either Storm or French Blue being an option eventually (not Kelly-- too outlandish!), but IMO since they chose the more eye-catching French Blue, I have to agree with moriond that Storm is unlikely.

SIGH! I do love my Storm MCB so... I wish I had been around when Storm/Cayenne and Storm/Steel were options ;_;
    icebeng likes this.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by adalangdon View Post
    SIGH! I do love my Storm MCB so... I wish I had been around when Storm/Cayenne and Storm/Steel were options ;_;
    @adalangdon, @icebeng You might enjoy reading the old color of a clear pouch thread (about Storm). The links at the end of the thread that went to blog posts for the Navy/Storm/Sapphire Imago no longer work with the current web page organization, since these entries fall before January 2011, but the pictures in that thread show the color combination.
    Last edited by moriond; 07-01-2014 at 07:40 AM.

it's a good read, thanks, moriond!
    I especially like @backpack's description of the color.
    Does anyone else think the 1st photos of the Clear Pouch look strikingly close to French Blue?

Speaking of MCBs, I have one of the new ones in Storm Cordura / Navy Parapack. It's a great color combination, although if the crew were to ever offer it (and the SCB, LCB) in Storm/Steel(Cordura or Parapack), I would definitely snap it(them) up!
    The color combination just sings to me.

The real reason why I'm struggling with the decision?
    I know how much control I'll have if they do still release a Storm Cordura S25 afterwards ^.^"

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Sapphire
    Mm, Sapphire! I love that intense eye-hurty blue. Gah, I've missed so many awesome colours as a newly-minted Bihnion.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Oops. I somehow missed Darcy's post about the S25 being offered in French Blue. My bad.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0