Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1162Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Night Flight

This carry-on looks amazing. I wish I could justify getting it. Can't wait to see more pics of it in use. And I bet is looks awesome in aubergine!!

I haven't been on here in quite some time (trying to avoid temptation!) but when I saw the Night Flight on Facebook today my first thought was ooooh, could that work as a gym bag?

Oooohhhh, OUCH!!!! right in the wallet hole!

So long paycheck!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Abita View Post
    I haven't been on here in quite some time (trying to avoid temptation!) but when I saw the Night Flight on Facebook today my first thought was ooooh, could that work as a gym bag?
    Bet the Night Flight Travel Duffle would work well as a gym bag.

Agree - it seems to have good dimensions to fit vertically in a tall locker or on its usual base in one of those foot lockers. I'm still torn between ballistic nylon and Dyneema - I love black Dyneema but for something I am going to be sliding around, potentially stepping on, and pushing into the space in front of me on an airplane, I may go with ballistic. What a lovely decision to be able to make!

I want one.

I also want a one in Skookum Dog Large duffel size
    eWalker likes this.

TOM BIHN Crew (we work here) Darcy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    This carry-on looks amazing. I wish I could justify getting it. Can't wait to see more pics of it in use. And I bet is looks awesome in aubergine!!
    It does look amazing in Aubergine -- I saw Lisa sewing part of a Night Flight in Aubergine today… in fact, here's a quick photo:
    Name:  nightflightinwork.jpg
Views: 2877
Size:  66.4 KB

As soon as we have finished bags in colors, we'll take photos of 'em and add them to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    Bet the Night Flight Travel Duffle would work well as a gym bag.
    Yeah, totally would. We fully expect people might use it as such.
    Current Carry: Skookum Dog Citizen Canine prototype, Founder's Briefcase (every day carry), Small Cafe Bag (every day carry), Shop Bags (groceries, extra random stuff), Aeronaut 45 (travel), Synapse 19 (day hikes), Smart Alec (longer day hikes), Skookum Dog Road Duffel (Medium) (travel), Clear Organizer Wallet, Travel Stuff Sacks, Organizer Cubes

Has anyone seen the movie?
    Name:  Night_Flight.jpg
Views: 2812
Size:  43.3 KB

Volunteer Moderator

Night Flight Travel Duffle as Camera/Equipment Bag?

@Darcy You're probably going to get a lot of questions from people who will want to configure the Night Flight Travel Duffle with the Padded Organizational Dividers for carrying items like camera gear. These look like the dividers used in the Camera I-O, but the web site currently doesn't have any information about the dimensions of the dividers and how they would be used if you partition the interior of the Duffle. At present, there's only the picture. This might also be a factor in choosing the fabric (Ballistic Nylon) for this type of usage. Any more details about this? (I tried calling and asking Matthew, but he said this option was pretty new.)

I can also imagine the partitions would work for other uses -- like carrying around Physical Therapy gear.
    Last edited by moriond; 06-30-2014 at 04:55 PM.

I placed a pre-order for a Black Dyneema version and plan to use it as an overnight & gym bag, depending upon the day. This appears as though it'll fit perfectly in the lockers @ my gym! Can't wait to post pics of it in use!
    Last edited by pinkknits; 07-01-2014 at 07:23 AM.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Forgive me for stating the obvious but doesn't EVERYTHING look amazing in Aubergine?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsteve View Post
    I saw the film on TCM, happened upon it and stayed for the all star cast.

Saint Exupery did not like the film and I can understand that, as there is something of a dissonance that I think comes from the translation of a French litterary work to an American film work.

The rythm of the two languages and reaction to events is different.

The Night Flier shape took me by surprise and looked, in some way, very familiar, it is only after seeing the flying video for the second time, that I understood.

Its shape looks very much like the soft sided airlines small pets carriers. Just like the one I used, to move my beloved late cat cross country.

“People have forgotten this truth,” the fox said. “But you mustn’t forget it. You become responsible forever for what you’ve tamed.”
    – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince (quote shamelessly stolen from Skookum Dog Blog)

I wished Tom had designed a more resilient airline compliant soft cat carrier, today this lovely shape brought back the trip, the move and the realization that my heart has been tamed forever by my lovely late cat and I know that I am not the only one, who feel the same way about their beloved late pets, on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by backpack View Post
    Its shape looks very much like the soft sided airlines small pets carriers. Just like the one I used, to move my beloved late cat cross country.
    Yes, my partner and I made the same comment when we saw the Night Flight product page! TB kitty carriers would be so very sweet. Though I think one of my kitties would nearly tear it to pieces, hehehe.

After looking at the product video, I can't help thinking the NFTD would be the perfect (albeit $$$$$) gym bag if it came in Nordic... it was such a sporty fabric. But alas!

Quote Originally Posted by giantsteve View Post
    I haven't, but I am sure it is better than "Night Flier" the Steven King movie adaptation about a Cessna flying vampire, I guess they can't all be Shawshank Redemptions....

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0