Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1131Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Yes! I am also running the Beat the Blerch 10k. Super cool! It sounds like it was a miracle we got registered, considering how fast it sold out.
    Definitely! We were on the phone together, each trying to register - couldn't believe we *both* made it once we saw how quickly it filled up! I'm pretty Blerchy, and will be run-walk-running it, but it'll be my first 10k!

Quote Originally Posted by monkeylady View Post
    It looks like it might be doable to roll and pack 3 pairs of long tech pants, 6 qwik dry tops, sandals, 3 socks, 5 unders and 2 bras, in there, utilizing the side pockets......hmmmmmmm. All the rest could go in my Pilot. Does it/can it sport an Absolute Shoulder strap?
    @monkeylady, I can't believe it, but it IS possible! I did fit 3 pairs of synthetic hiking long pants and 6 synthetic tops (3 short sleeved running style, 2 short sleeved button up, and 1 long sleeved button up) in the main compartment, 6 under and 3 bras in a small stuff sack on one side (and the compartment was only half full), and women's size 7 minimalist sandals with 3 pairs of socks on the other side with a little room to spare. And I didn't even use the outermost pockets! My one disclaimer is that those are women's size small clothes and the main compartment was fairly full, though I still did not put anything in the zip pocket on the upper lid. Wow! It comes with the regular strap, but one could replace that with an absolute strap. I am attaching photographic proof. I did leave the stiff insert in when I tried this, but in hindsight, it might have been easier if I had removed that.

Name:  NF 71814.jpg
Views: 549
Size:  133.5 KBName:  NF 71814 B.jpg
Views: 550
Size:  125.0 KBName:  NF 71814 C.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  147.6 KBName:  NF 71814 D.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  134.4 KB

What size stuff sack (or combos) would work in the end pocket?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know what size in the TB stuff sacks, but I used an approximately 2L Sea to Summit sack, and it filled the end compartment about halfway.
    eWalker likes this.

NWhikergal, you are the best! Now, we're talking minimalist packing! This would work beautifully for warm weather travel (think jungles, Mayan ruins) where no fancy, schmancy clothes are needed. All the bulky stuff can be worn on DE PLANE! I wear really large clothes, but I bet it would work with packing cubes, used as compression cubes! Well, I'll have to visit this little bit of a bag at the store to eyeball it to make sure.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by icebeng View Post
    I'd like to hear how the NFTD carries. Does it bounce against the body excessively when walking? Would you have to keep one hand on it constantly?
    @icebeng, I experimented wearing the NFTD around the house carrying it different ways, and the most comfortable for me was cross body messenger style with it resting behind my back. I will admit I am completely biased in that I prefer backpack type bags, or my second choice is wearing single strap bags cross body style, so that was the best option for me. Worn cross body resting in the front there was a bit of bounce, but not enough to have to keep a hand on it. The only way I normally prefer to wear something straight down on one side is if i have a counterbalance on the other shoulder, since that feels less secure to me...maybe too much travel in sketchy areas. As a backpack devotee, I don't think I would want to carry this all day if I had a backpack option instead...wheels turning...interesting...it appears that a Daylight backpack folded twice fits perfectly in one of the end pockets with a touch of spare room...hmm.

NWhikergal: I am so glad, that you got the/one of the first Night Flights. No bee (ouch!!!), no traffic could stop you and now all we, who have to wait a bit longer, can practice-pack it in our heads with much more accuracy, due to all the pictures and infos you have given here.

Not to mention these very cute pictures of your proud cat in its confiscated new home. To this picture says: "you might think you bought yourself a new bag, but what you really did is buy me a new castle. And now hop along and bring me something special for dinner!"

Thank you,
    Ilkyway

Thanks for the awesome photos, @NWhikergal! I've been away on a business trip (with my trio of French Blue Daylight, SCB and S25!) and just checked back into the Forum to your wonderful NFTD posts. If my Aubergine NFTD does not arrive next week, I might actually leave Seattle after my TB Store visit with another (especially Navy like yours) if one is available! Am so itching to play with one
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I might just pack up my clothes in cubes and bring to the store and do a practice pack there!

monkeylady: I think this might not have been done by now, but after everything I have read/experienced I think they would just smile and offer you as many example-bags as you want/need to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    monkeylady: I think this might not have been done by now, but after everything I have read/experienced I think they would just smile and offer you as many example-bags as you want/need to try out.
    Wouldn't that be just swell?

Mine arrived today!! It's extremely cute.
    Name:  photo (9).JPG
Views: 276
Size:  120.6 KB

I started goofing around with it right away. This is the stuff I carry when we go places that we sit around for a while- speech therapy, OT, doc appts, etc- when I have to entertain the other kids and myself for a while. It's my purse-y stuff in the SE, diapers and wipes in the medium OP, snacks in the cupcake pouch, toiletry items in the 3D cube, NOOK in padded pouch, sunglasses, Q-kit with hand sanitizer and lip balm, water bottle, apple, and knitting project bag.
    Name:  photo 2 (2).JPG
Views: 280
Size:  144.9 KB
    Last edited by Katycorgi; 07-21-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Up close, not even approaching full capacity:

Main compartment

Name:  photo 5 (1).JPG
Views: 315
Size:  136.0 KB

Side pocket

Name:  photo 4 (2).JPG
Views: 314
Size:  142.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Mine arrived today!! It's extremely cute.
    It is beautiful! Thank you for posting pics. The Crew said this initial run of Aubergine was very limited. I am glad you got one!

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Up close, not even approaching full capacity:

Main compartment

Name:  photo 5 (1).JPG
Views: 315
Size:  136.0 KB

Side pocket

Name:  photo 4 (2).JPG
Views: 314
Size:  142.1 KB
    Can you shoot the nordic side effect in the main vs. side pocket? My NFTD (steel/steel) shipped today! T-minus 5 business days and 1 agonizing weekend.
    eWalker likes this.

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0