Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1129Likes

Thread: Night Flight

I think you can just email them and ask. They are usually very accommodating.
    eWalker likes this.

I really want one in either Navy/Solar to match my Aeronaut45, Steel/Ultraviolet to match my TriStar, Black/Solar to match my MCB, or Black/Iberian because I think that is a cool combo. Until one of those color combinations comes up, I can wait, but I EAGERLY await more photos if everyone's new NFTDs.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    Oh no, I only acquired one Night Flight. @kkintea, here are a couple of quick pics covertly taken in my work garage. Nothing suspicious going on at all, folks, just a little bag photography. After I get home, I will try to get a better idea what will fit in the different compartments. @ncb4, I did not get any packing cubes, but those are ridiculously compact and super cute. While I saw the divider, and it looks like it would work great for cameras or to subdivide other items, I did not pick one up. The velcro on the adjustable divider sections attaches to the gray or off-white looking removable stiff liner that wraps around the bottom and sides of the bag.

Attachment 7320Attachment 7321
    Yes! I'm loving the attachments! I should be able to attach one of my new mini pouches on the side pocket when I take my jewelry off for the gym & not lose my rings/earrings at the bottom of the bag anymore. Thank you for the awesome interior photos.
    eWalker likes this.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Since I now have an A30 and a NFTD in my hot hands, I thought I would first share some comparative photos of them together. I intended to post these even sooner tonight, but I was first thwarted by Seattle traffic...then when I set out the bags on a sunny balcony, an ill-tempered bee decided to sting me on the leg, YOW! I forgot just how much that smarts. Anyway, post ice pack, I am now ready to post some photos. I have to say that the NFTD is insanely adorable, and I am really digging the navy.

Name:  NFTD1.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  130.5 KBName:  NFTD2.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  125.4 KBName:  NFTD3.jpg
Views: 477
Size:  142.4 KBName:  NFTD4.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  113.5 KBName:  NFTD5.jpg
Views: 479
Size:  118.7 KB

In the last photo above and the first photo here, I decided to try packing the NFTD like a gym bag. While it works, I think it might be a tight fit if someone wears a large shoe size. I was able to easily fit my running shoes, shorts, shirt, etc in the main compartment; a side effect, pack towel, and small DOP on one side; a running belt with water holsters and hat on the other side; and sunglasses in the mesh section. Next I tried packing the NFTD with Bose headphones on one side, a good sized book on the other side, snacks in the mesh pouch, and a PCSB and 2 SEs in the main compartment, and there was plenty of room. Of note, the PCSB is slightly too big for the compartment, so I lightly packed it, and the SEs had to be placed in a slightly cascading manner. I also tried fitting a water bottle in an end pocket - I could just fit a 16 oz bottle.

Name:  NFTD6.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  120.7 KBName:  NFTD7.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  119.0 KBName:  NFTD9.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  148.6 KBName:  NFTD10.jpg
Views: 473
Size:  135.2 KBName:  NFTD11.jpg
Views: 470
Size:  125.6 KB

But nothing about night flight cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last set of photos! I decided to take some photos of a 5'3" person wearing the NFTD cross body, in hand, and with an A30. It was quite comfortable to carry in each manner.

Name:  NFTD12.jpg
Views: 469
Size:  98.1 KBName:  NFTD13.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  97.3 KBName:  NFTD14.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  102.1 KBName:  NFTD15.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  109.8 KBName:  NFTD16.jpg
Views: 465
Size:  85.6 KB

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    But nothing about night flight cat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I meant to post that photo separately at the end, but I accidentally attached it in the middle. Yes, that is NFTD with a 10 pound black cat basking in the sun.

These are great pictures! Especially your cat!

The overwhelming impression I have is wow...personal items are really small! As this is designed with those specs in mind.

Yes, it is definitely a petite bag. I see it as a personal item bag or second bag only for me, since I am not as hyper efficient a packer as some folks in the forum. Especially for people with tech gear it seems like it would be a particularly nice option, though if I were using it for personal travel I might even remove the liner.

ETA: To be fair, I did not max out what I could have fit in the bag at all. Rather I was just trying to get some initial photos up. I will be interested to see what someone who is a power packer like @taminca or one of the other forum members can fit in the bag.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-17-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    It's one option I'm considering for a camera bag for flights and during the day while on vacation. I've got a micro-4/3 setup while is probably fairly small for this bag, but I'm hoping it will work for the camera, a light extra layer, rain coat, water bottle and possibly a small souvenir or two.
    I wondered the same thing when it was announced. The pictures sadly reaffirm what I suspected from the measurements; it would make a somewhat awkward camera bag/day bag because of how thick it is, at least for me. It would look like I was carrying a gym duffel around all day, which somewhat defeats the compact nature of Micro 4/3 cameras. The Pilot and Co-Pilot still seem more the right width for every day carry/camera bag duty to me, but that might depend on your lens load out. Interestingly, the product shots of the NTFD and the video all show a Panasonic GX7 (and I think that's the kit 14-42, but just guessing with that lens cap) packed into the bag.

The NTFD still looks great as an airplane personal item, as a gym bag, as a front seat road trip bag, as an overnight bag or lightly packed weekender, as an on location camera bag, etc.

And I still want one. ... Just maybe not as my vacation out and about bag.

(I reserve the right to be proven wrong and retract this analysis.)
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

NWhikergal: Are you running Beat the Blerch??? I have the same shirt. And my lovely bride-to-be will have a Night Flight - we're both running the 10k on the Sunday. And we have a black (and white) cat. WORD.

Quote Originally Posted by NWhikergal View Post
    I meant to post that photo separately at the end, but I accidentally attached it in the middle. Yes, that is NFTD with a 10 pound black cat basking in the sun.
    In love with the kitty... and the bag. *groan* I don't know if I can bring myself to spend $180 on something that like that, though D: (basically: pretty gym bag for someone who runs outside and carry-on for an infrequent traveller.)
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-17-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    ISO: Turquoise/Cayenne MCB, Pine SCB, Kiwi LS, Ultrasuede LS, Pink Swift, Ego stripes in cool fabrics or w/ seat belt buckle, anything in Sage, Hemp, Crimson ballistic & Indigo ballistic

Quote Originally Posted by tCook View Post
    NWhikergal: Are you running Beat the Blerch??? I have the same shirt. And my lovely bride-to-be will have a Night Flight - we're both running the 10k on the Sunday. And we have a black (and white) cat. WORD.
    Yes! I am also running the Beat the Blerch 10k. Super cool! It sounds like it was a miracle we got registered, considering how fast it sold out.
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-17-2014 at 09:53 PM.
    tCook likes this.

NWhikergal, thanks for these awesome pics! I LOVE the navy and wasabi together, although I admit that I would prefer Navy and UV...and I think the idea of this bag as a front seat organizer for a car trip is brilliant.
    Hawaii and eWalker like this.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0