Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1164Likes

Thread: Night Flight

I have a confession. The Night Flight wasn't really on my radar, as I have several rough and tumble duffel bags at home. But when I went to pick up my A30 today (rather than going running like I was supposed to during my lunch break) I saw a Navy and a Forest Green Night Flight...and they were possibly the most adorable yet upscale looking duffels I have seen to date. Until I saw them in person, I was having a really difficult time visualizing their size. They look so tiny and cute, but the end pockets are more spacious than I imagined. Anyway, I will post a couple of teaser photos now, but I will try to post a few more photos when I have time later.

Name:  NF.jpg
Views: 625
Size:  96.6 KBName:  NF2.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  145.1 KB

NWhikergal you are a hero! Fist customer-picture of a Nightflight! Well done! Where is the medal? The cup?? What prices are there for this kind of heroic deed?

Ilkyway

Just hoping and waiting for more pictures, sorry for being greedy.

@Ilkyway, that is the good/bad thing about going to the store in person! And I am very excited that they stack so nicely to fit under my car's cargo area cover, should that need arise at some point.

Do you have time for a quick shot of NFTD interior?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Favorite: Steel/Steel LS * Latest: Nordic/Solar S25 * Wishlist: New 400d Color

Mine has shipped!!😍😍😀😀

Now you've done it, @NWhikgergal. Your photos have eroded the tiny amount of self-control I like to pretend I have: now I've got to order a Night Flight in Aubergine.

You are right; these are so cute. It wasn't until I saw your photo that I got a good sense of the NF's real size. Did you get the Packing Cubes and/or the Padded Divider as well? I'm not sure the divider is ready yet, but if you even had a chance to look at one, I'd love to hear your impressions.

So you walked out with an A30 and two Night Flights? Oh, it's a good thing I live 2,000 miles away. If I were as close to the showroom as you are, I'd be doomed

Congratulations on your haul!

~Nancy

Oh no, I only acquired one Night Flight. @kkintea, here are a couple of quick pics covertly taken in my work garage. Nothing suspicious going on at all, folks, just a little bag photography. After I get home, I will try to get a better idea what will fit in the different compartments. @ncb4, I did not get any packing cubes, but those are ridiculously compact and super cute. While I saw the divider, and it looks like it would work great for cameras or to subdivide other items, I did not pick one up. The velcro on the adjustable divider sections attaches to the gray or off-white looking removable stiff liner that wraps around the bottom and sides of the bag.

Name:  NF3.jpg
Views: 695
Size:  136.6 KBName:  NF4.jpg
Views: 688
Size:  131.7 KB
    Last edited by NWhikergal; 07-17-2014 at 04:19 PM.

Thanks so much, @NWhikergal, for answering my questions. I'm still on the fence about that divider...hmm.

~Nancy
    eWalker likes this.

So for those of you who have had your ship, what colors did you get?

Egads! It's so wee and cute!

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    So for those of you who have had your ship, what colors did you get?

Egads! It's so wee and cute!
    I ordered the NFTD in steel/steel with two packing cubes.

Sent from my KFTHWA using Tapatalk

Not fair, not fair! Only 2 Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD were ready when I went in yesterday (should've hopped on and ordered instead of coming back from lunch on time on the 30).

Doh well, I'm liking how the NFTD stacks and that it's got roomy pockets for my junk, lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

I have so many questions about what you can fit in the surprisingly spacious end pocket! @taminca!! Did you order the NFTD? @NWhikergal, can you just leave work and do a complete photo shoot?! You've induced some serious TBAS, and I didn't even have an eye on this bag! I did however just book an Allegiant flight today so now clearly I have a need for the maximum personal item (it's a weekender trip and I didn't purchase a carry-on with my ticket).
    Last edited by kkintea; 07-17-2014 at 04:58 PM.

Any chance you can get some photos of someone carrying the NFTD cross-body like a messenger bag? Or can you at least comment on how bulky it is hanging behind someone's back or in front? Would it be a tight store disaster?

It's one option I'm considering for a camera bag for flights and during the day while on vacation. I've got a micro-4/3 setup while is probably fairly small for this bag, but I'm hoping it will work for the camera, a light extra layer, rain coat, water bottle and possibly a small souvenir or two.

it does seem like a great size for a day bag on vacation, but i wonder if it's squared shape would be too bulky.

Argh, I have both an aubergine and a black dyneema NFTD on order - the goal is to pick one that will work best for me (wish me luck). But I just realized that maybe my order won't ship for a while because I also ordered the new laundry stuff sack...I'd really like to decouple the items and ship as available. Is it possible to do that at this point?

ETA: I just contacted the Crew. They must love all these special requests...they have the patience of saints!

P.S. It would be pretty spectacular if the NFTD were available in burnt orange!
    Last edited by GoStanford; 07-17-2014 at 07:46 PM.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0