Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1172Likes

Thread: Night Flight

TB people - can you post the dimensions of the main compartment for the bag? (Or did I miss this elsewhere?)
    eWalker likes this.

Okay, I bit. I bought a Night Flight in Aubergrine/Wasabi. I've been worried for a while now about a possible personal item crackdown (now that United has started) so I feel like I need to learn to pack lighter. So the Night Flight it is. I leo just fell in love with it when I first saw it--- it seems that a lot of people are curious about it but not entirely sure about it. I'm hoping that it will end my search for the perfect carryon personal item.

can't way to see lots of user pics with the NF. i also really liked the look of it right off.

Yeah...I was totally hooked.

<Clicks buy button>

Looking forward to filling the NF up with stuff!

I spent several months looking for a bag with this exact size!

I even placed a plea in my forum signature! ! After sometime, I thought that I would be better off choosing between a WF and a S25.

Then @Darcy posted about the new designs to debut. I decided to wait and could not be more pleased by the result!

The Night Flight is just what I was looking and hoping for!!!

Thanks TB and Crew!!

You made precisely the bag I was after!!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-08-2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

cant wait for your panda to do a happy dance ;-)
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    cant wait for your panda to do a happy dance ;-)
    Looking forward to it!!

BTW Congratulations on your victory!
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Looking forward to lots of pictures of this great bag!

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

eWalker don't go there! Go back thinking about happy Dances.
    eWalker likes this.

JLE
    I can't tell from the pictures: does this bag have a rolling luggage handle sleeve?

Quote Originally Posted by JLE View Post
    I can't tell from the pictures: does this bag have a rolling luggage handle sleeve?

Looking at the few pictures there are, it does not appear to. In the side profile shot, the back panel (left side of photo) looks completely flat. You can make out what looks to be identical panelling to the front of the bag; two side panel hips and the wrap around zippers for the end pockets, the seam for the top panel and back side of the grab handle, and a single center panel which tapers to the bottom. The taper kind of makes a pass through sleeve/pocket unlikely in my opinion (a sleeve should be wide and straight to support rolling luggage handles).

Would have been a nice feature. Hopefully it's flat, squat, rectangular shape makes it sit on a rolling luggage top pretty easily as is, and you could try securing the bag by passing the luggage handle through the NFTD handles or shoulder strap.
    eWalker likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by itsablur View Post
    Looking at the few pictures there are, it does not appear to. In the side profile shot, the back panel (left side of photo) looks completely flat. You can make out what looks to be identical panelling to the front of the bag; two side panel hips and the wrap around zippers for the end pockets, the seam for the top panel and back side of the grab handle, and a single center panel which tapers to the bottom. The taper kind of makes a pass through sleeve/pocket unlikely in my opinion (a sleeve should be wide and straight to support rolling luggage handles).

Would have been a nice feature. Hopefully it's flat, squat, rectangular shape makes it sit on a rolling luggage top pretty easily as is, and you could try securing the bag by passing the luggage handle through the NFTD handles or shoulder strap.
    Probably not. Virtually none of the TB bags have slots. (only one I am aware of is Western Flyer -- but that version is often not in stock.). I guess their designers are anti wheel!

The Co-Pilot and Pilot also have rolling luggage pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Illum View Post
    Probably not. Virtually none of the TB bags have slots. (only one I am aware of is Western Flyer -- but that version is often not in stock.). I guess their designers are anti wheel!
    The Co-Pilot and (presumably) the Pilot also have the roller luggage handle sleeve on their backside. I thought the Cafe bags did too...
    eWalker likes this.
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Pilot definately does
    eWalker likes this.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0