Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1162Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Quote Originally Posted by gochicken View Post
    Really super helpful pictures, kkintea! For some reason this bag calls to me.... I agree with GoStanford that the 3 SE in the main compartment is so.... perfect!

But my CP and Pilot are so great on the plane, along with my WF, that I can't imagine where the NFTD would fit in. So I tell myself, "No, no, gochicken!", but seeing your pictures makes me think there is some perfect use for it in my life that I just can't figure out... yet! (Maybe because chicken brains are very small).
    I think the problem is that you are trying to approach this potential purchase with some sort of... logic. Make room in your heart for the itty bitty night flight.

Really super helpful pictures, kkintea! For some reason this bag calls to me.... I agree with GoStanford that the 3 SE in the main compartment is so.... perfect!

But my CP and Pilot are so great on the plane, along with my WF, that I can't imagine where the NFTD would fit in. So I tell myself, "No, no, gochicken!", but seeing your pictures makes me think there is some perfect use for it in my life that I just can't figure out... yet! (Maybe because chicken brains are very small).
    I have CP and just bought the DLBP for dh as plane personal items, so dont think I need this, but it is so cute!
    Will be curious to see hiw people who already have a Cp will use it.

Kkintea needs a crown or something special just because...

Those pictures are totally, super, awesome, out of this world!

And the Night Flyer is really the best dance, gym, yoga for children and our petite fellow forum members.

I believe that, like Gochicken, if that cute bag, I didn't think would ever be making it into my wish list, just might, if it comes in Aubergine/UV.

Got my NFTD yesterday! I think I'll use it as a gym bag for now. This is what will fit. I'm short (4'11") but I ain't petite, so my clothes aren't as small as you might think. I fit my shoes, an Eagle Creek quarter packing tube with spare undies and socks, and shorts, t-shirt, capris and swimsuit rolled up in the main compartment. My 7.5-sized shoes just fit in the main compartment, though pushed a little into one of the side compartments. I packed my shower flip-flops and toiletries bag in that side. On the other side, I packed my lock and micro-fiber towel. There was room for more.

Name:  Tom bihn NFTD_ready to pack.jpg
Views: 792
Size:  257.1 KB

I just ordered an aubergine/Wasabi, finger crossed it will get here before my DC trip in October :-)

Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Go Tigers!
    T1D

The day after NF arrived, I decided to take up competitive packing in preparation for my upcoming trip. Backstory: I recently did 13 days with the WF, but the trip included business and casual and I had to bring dress shoes, etc. Upon return, I knew I could 'do better' and take less. I am now convinced I can do 13 days personal only (with summer fare) in....the night flight. In both cases, I have the small shop bag for on-board stuff, such as 3-1-1, purse, iPad mini, cardigan, and water. On both trips I have had access to laundry.

But, I have to be strategic. The NF cubes do not seemed sized to maximize space, especially with the padding out (disclaimer: I did not buy them to test). After some searching, I decided to try non-TB packing cubes. I ordered one from Amazon. Not long after (this was a work day), I get a message from Mr. Kkintea that says, "I can't believe you're cheating on Tom". Immediately I think, dang it shared prime account! This was followed by an eerie suspicion that Mr. Kkintea was in cahoots learning TB subterfuge from Mr. Janine. But I digress.

Boy did I feel guilty, especially when the new cube arrived and it was a perfect fit for the main compartment and the end pocket! In the test, I have 2 skirts, 3 tank tops, and 1 t-shirt in the cube. There is room to squeeze in another top rolling everything more tightly.

Here's what it looks like:

I'm off to order (not too stealthily) more half cubes!

UPDATE: The NFTD packing cube is 7.9" x 5.9" x 3.5" and the Eagle Creek Pack-it Specter Half Cube is 10" x 7" x 3".
    Last edited by kkintea; 07-31-2014 at 12:13 PM.
    * Favorite TB: Steel Little Swift * Latest TB: Nordic/Solar Synapse 25 * 2014 Wishlist: New 400d Color

Thanks for the info. I was looking at the eagle creek specter myself for the NF. What works for you is what matters most.
    eWalker likes this.

This is a very helpful post and pix! I pack my rolled travel clothes entirely in EC 1/2 cubes. Being very much larger, it takes me 2 of these, one for tops and one for bottoms and a merino base layer. I can see that two of these would stack in the bag. Hmmmmmm....underwear, socks, and sandals in the outer pockets. Minimalist, ultra-light warm weather travel....all the other "stuff" could go in the Pilot.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

I ordered one yesterday and it'll be here Thursday!!! Super excited!!

Aeronaut 45 & Night Flight TD - Aubergine / Wasabi
    Go Tigers!
    T1D

I've noticed my local R.E.I. has a sale on a three pack of Eagle Creek packing cubes. The 2 packing cubes I purchased with my Night Flight have worked out perfectly, but for more extensive travel, the Eagle Creek cubes might do the trick!
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

I have to say I love to use the Night Flight Packing Cubes in other bags. They are so compact but have depth. So I can get quite a lot into them without creating a big footprint. This makes them easier (for me) to pull them out in a crowded aria to pull something out. I have everything in there vertically orientated so I have not to dig and it is a bit like a tiny drawer with my essential extra layers and THE towel for any emergency that could hit me through out a day. And also these are my only Cubes with three sides mash. At first I thought I would not like that, but I can see easily what is in there or if something important is missing.

Ilkyway

I can't believe what I did.

Yesterday, I ordered a Night Flight in black Dyneema.

No big deal, you say?

I just received one in black ballistic. And I plan on keeping them both.

I have made no fewer than 7 TB orders in the past 4 months. And it may actually be more.

Marsha you are not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    I can't believe what I did.

Yesterday, I ordered a Night Flight in black Dyneema.

No big deal, you say?

I just received one in black ballistic. And I plan on keeping them both.

I have made no fewer than 7 TB orders in the past 4 months. And it may actually be more.

Well you could always *ahem* send it back to the store, I've been waiting for the black ballistic ones for so long! They sometimes get off backorder faster then stated right? I've seen it before!

Quote Originally Posted by BobNagasaki View Post
    Well you could always *ahem* send it back to the store, I've been waiting for the black ballistic ones for so long! They sometimes get off backorder faster then stated right? I've seen it before!
    Oh most definitely. Remember the TB Crew are the under promise, over deliver sort. I back ordered a steel/UV A30 when the stated ship time was late September. I got it last week. Backorders are filled as soon as possible, which can often be much earlier than promised (but don't take that as an absolute; if they can deliver earlier than promised, they will try to).
    Own: Aeronaut 45 (Navy/Iberian), Aeronaut 30 (Steel/Ultraviolet), Night Flight (Coyote/Steel), Guide's Pack (Steel), Synapse 19 (Olive/Steel), Daylight (Navy), Aeronaut Packing Cube Backpack (Wasabi), Founder's Briefcase (Black), Pilot (Steel 400d/Steel), Co-Pilot (Black/Iberian), Side Effect (Black/Ultraviolet), Travel Tray (Iberian), various cubes, pouches, sacks, and straps

Want: EVERYTHING.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0