Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1141Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Does anyone have any thoughts on the virtues of the Night Flight vs. the Co-Pilot/Pilot?

Hi Cleverboy, welcome!

I have not gotten my Night Flight jet, but I have the Co-Pilot and the Pilot. The Pilots are briefcase-style so you can take them to the office, the bank, a meeting and of cause "downsize" them into as casual a situation as you want. The Pilot handels Paper and your Laptop (up to a point size-wise) very well. The Co-Pilot still handles an Ipad or something similar.

The Night Flight (as I have seen it here in this Thread) is way more casual. For travel (short trips or minimalists) or as a personal Item for your snags, some extra clothes and entertaining smaller than an Ipad. I would not take the Night Flight to an office. Its more "jar-like" main compartment makes it good for bulky things like a camera. That would work in the pilots too, but in the Night Flight you have it all there in plain sight. That is in fact, what I am looking forward to. It is the same feature I love about my Aeronaut 45: you open it up and there everything is in front of you, no digging, no squeezing...

For me those bags are so not in the same department, that I am curios to know, what makes you ask. For what purpose are you searching a bag?

Ilkyway

Night Flight

The pilot has the red pulls. In the upside photo, the pilot is on the bottom. HTH for comparing.

Which size stuff sacks fit where in NFTD?

The ones in the end pocket are turned up so that the number is visible, but sizing is lengthwise.

More sizing help:

CQPC in end pocket

3 side effects in main compartment:

The fit is not great going the other direction with SE; full would push into end pocket.

Last but not least: the great steel-off!

Seems like I have THREE different shades. I hope it comes across in the picture. The newest NFTD is much lighter, almost a blue hue. It matches my ballistic side effect. The TS is the most gray, maybe graphite. The LS (MY FAVORITE BAG OF ALL TIME) is difficult to characterize...pencil lead? It might have started out something else but it gets a lot of use. It's broken in, I'm at home with this bag, steel.

I like all the shades, but seeing them side by side was really eye opening. The second photo is up close of LS vs. NFTD.

My first impression after I ripped the box out of the hands of the UPS man....it's so stinkin' cute!

Like it would totally hold baby shoes and lots of smart outfits for tiny people. Size 10 flip flops are a bit of a challenge. Shoes aside, it is very packable so far. Looking forward to more experimentation!

Quote Originally Posted by kkintea View Post
    More sizing help:

3 side effects in main compartment:
    Wow - now I need to get a third SE! Love the marsupiality of it all - thanks for sharing! I do wish I had brought more stuff sacks for use on this trip - to hold small collections of gear when out and about with PCSB.

PCSB is nearly the length of NFTD. If the pockets opened all the way through, it would work. But in the current design, you would have to squish it in and lose space.

My first impression after I ripped the box out of the hands of the UPS man....it's so stinkin' cute!

Like it would totally hold baby shoes and lots of smart outfits for tiny people. ]
    That would be so cute!, a kid with their own to-scale Aeronaut

Really super helpful pictures, kkintea! For some reason this bag calls to me.... I agree with GoStanford that the 3 SE in the main compartment is so.... perfect!

But my CP and Pilot are so great on the plane, along with my WF, that I can't imagine where the NFTD would fit in. So I tell myself, "No, no, gochicken!", but seeing your pictures makes me think there is some perfect use for it in my life that I just can't figure out... yet! (Maybe because chicken brains are very small).
    Satisfied owner of: Azalea Swift & LS, Blk/Plum Swift, Cork LS, Blk/UV LS, Synapse 19 & Co-Pilot, Steel/UV Pilot, Fst/Stl Tri-Star, Fst/Blk/UV SA, UV PCSB, Plum SE, FJN, & SCB, Aubergine WF, LS & Kit, Trvl Trays, Passport Pouches, and Shop Bags in all colors , Multiplying OPs

I like all the shades, but seeing them side by side was really eye opening.
    Thanks for these photos! I have had trouble visualizing the different shades of steel when people have discussed them in the past. This really helps to see them all side by side.

@kkintea, you have a Nordic Pilot. So jealous!
    If they had made them with anything other than a solar interior I would have bought one in that color.

Very helpful pictures.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

such a handsome pilot you have, kkintea!

Quote Originally Posted by luvdabags View Post
    such a handsome pilot you have, kkintea!
    Isn't it though ;-)

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0