Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1129Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Volunteer Moderator
    @Kippiann As a new forum member your first few posts are under moderation -- meaning that a forum moderator has to be reading them at the time to manually change over the status. This is to deter the posts from people who join for the sole purpose of generating "spam".

HTH Great photos of the NFTD!
    Last edited by moriond; 07-25-2014 at 01:29 PM.

@moriond THANK YOU! I was confused because some went through and some did not. Thought it was my user error.

Kippiann: we've all been there (with the confusion I mean).
    Thank you so much for your detailed pictures with arrows and everything.
    eWalker likes this.

Nice layout.
    Very nice arrows. :-)

@Kippiann: I'm impressed with your packing skills and must add that I have been pleasantly surprised by the packing capabilities of the NF thus far (this w/o even packing it to capacity yet either, and I'm a pack rat!)!
    eWalker likes this.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

FWIW, I sent back the beautiful Aubergine/Wasabi NFTD today, opted to keep the Dyneema version for these reasons: matches more of my gear, liked the extra give of the material especially when zipping/unzipping main compartment, and am guessing that it is more squishable for the underseat space that doesn't exactly configure to it (video boxes and such). Will be testing it out tomorrow! I still like the ballistic version a lot, but my go-to fabric seems to be Dyneema.

I also sent back the padded dividers, as I don't have camera gear and decided those few cm of padding I'd rather use as space for packing small/soft items. But I think the dividers will work well for holding rigid items vertically.

@GoStanford, I also thought the Dyneema version may be more easily packed with stuff compared to the Ballistic version. Still, I do like Coyote very much.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

I wont be able to order this bag in a while..but I have to say it looks really nice in all colours so far. It is a really handsome bag.
    eWalker likes this.

Some observations about the NFTD:
    1) Two 3D organizer cubes standing up longways will fit perfectly in one of the end pockets.
    2) One Clear Quarter Packing Cube fits into an end pocket with about 1" above it (for sunglasses or other long, narrow item).
    3) Both of these scenarios leave room to slide a couple of organizer pouches in the end pocket as well.
    4) An regular iPad is really too big for the case unless you angle it (even in the center it tents up the flap). The iPad Air however, will just fit in the center when oriented short side up. Case really designed for an iPad mini or Kindle which fit either way in any pocket. It's not apparent at first glance, but the sides of the NFTD round down which is best appreciated in an end view.
    5) My CPAP stuff is a burden of 3.8 lb. and over of the main compartment but that's why I'm got this when I used to use a Co-Pilot.
    6) My Night Flight fully loaded weighs in at 13.1 lb. (includes Absolute Shoulder Strap). It's hefty at that weight but well balanced and easy to carry.
    7) I love this thing!
    Last edited by Gibson; 07-26-2014 at 08:38 AM.

Whelp, getting ready for babysitting duty this evening. Probably won't stay the night, but it's nice knowing Tom Bihn has my back in case I have to. Name:  image.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  387.6 KB Since I'll be going to the gym before heading over and need plain clothes for after so I don't have to swing by home again, I'm packing my Old Navy jeans and t-shirt (yes, I need an iron, but when you work 2 jobs, you have to create some priorities), extra undies in case I spend the night, x-small stuff sack w/swirly dos, shampoo, conditioner, soap, make up bag, fav neon orange light jacket, Cliff Chocolate Chip bar for needed munching, solar OP holding my gold hoop earrings to put on after exercise class, and an extra t-shirt in case I spend the night.

The extra t-shirt & undies went into the organizer pouch, and the stuff sack and make up bag went into either pocket on the side for a balancing act.

Here it is all packed. With plenty room to spare!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 429
Size:  939.2 KB

I must say, it is wonderful knowing exactly where everything is and that there's room in case I say, stop in town somewhere and go on a mini shopping spree and need some place to stuff it all, I know I've got room in my bag!
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

I wish I could post a photo from my phone - the Dyneema version is great! I packed earphones and snacks for three people in this bag and it feels sleek and smooth! Plus books and toys. Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    I wish I could post a photo from my phone - the Dyneema version is great! I packed earphones and snacks for three people in this bag and it feels sleek and smooth! Plus books and toys. Love it!
    Are you using the TapaTalk app? If you click on the plus sign on the left of the chat bubble, you'll see options to upload a picture or take a new one for your post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

I'm leaving on a trip Monday and I am overnight dog sitting tonight (actually 4 cats and three dogs) so after cleaning my apartment all morning (I prefer to try to leave my place clean before I go off anywhere) I packed my Tri Star for my trip on Monday and was wishing I had my matching Night Flight to accompany me. People-- you are making me have Night Flight envy with all these gorgeous photos!

Now I need to pack an overnight bag and all my dog's things (she's old, so she always travels with a sack of meds, her orthopedic dog bed, thundershirt, and old dog food) because I'll be leaving her tomorrow with the friend I am dog sitting for tonight. (We have a trade off system). I'm going across town for one night and between my knitting, clothes and my computer, I have a bigger bag for an overnight trip than my Tri star is for my week long trip. First world problems.
    eWalker likes this.

Not on Tapatalk but will look into it. While I was initially thrown off by the small size of the NFTD, it is superlative as an underseat bag. It fits perfectly into the airline size measurement bin, and it was easy to remove and replace during flight. It held about three plastic tubs full of fruit, another three Lock 'n Lock containers with sandwiches and carrot sticks, and headphones, a scarf and sweater, and more.

Only shortcoming is that magazines don't fit in any obvious way, and only small books. However combined with a second bag it works perfectly on board. Debatable whether that second bag also should go under seat or instead in overhead bin to have leg room.

I plan to post photos when back.

Quote Originally Posted by GoStanford View Post
    Only shortcoming is that magazines don't fit in any obvious way, and only small books.
    That's very useful to know - and confirms my suspicions that, cute as it is, there's no NFTD in my future because it's just the wrong shape for my most likely usage scenarios. *bank account breathes a sigh of relief*
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0