Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1130Likes

Thread: Night Flight

Ok...now that my pics are working.... Here it is loaded with purse stuff, diapers, toiletries, snacks, and MORE KNITTING! (thinking this would be a great road trip bag)
    Name:  knit.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  136.2 KB

Yay, YOU CAN SEE HIM!

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    SE in main compartment:
    Attachment 7441
    I'm trying to gauge the main compartment capacity by known quantity - in this case, using the Side Effect as a metric. It looks like the width of the NFTD is roughly equivalent to 1 SE, and the capacity is 3-4 SE in the above orientation, depending on contents.

When it arrives, I can doublecheck my math and test various combinations of TSS sizes to get a feel for the bag. I did not get the NFTD packing cubes since I have an arsenal of pouches to try also, and the depicted alignment from the website description did not appeal to my packing zen.

Very elegant (mostly?) siamese. Reminds me of my cat mackie but he was a bluepoint. He loved to knit and is my ravatar. Gone for more than a year but i still miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by jannilee View Post
    Very elegant (mostly?) siamese. Reminds me of my cat mackie but he was a bluepoint. He loved to knit and is my ravatar. Gone for more than a year but i still miss him.
    He is a snowshoe cat! It was originally a Siamese mix that eventually became its own breed, I guess. We adopted him from the shelter. He is wonderful.

I am SO JEALOUS! I'm waiting for my Aubergine NF to arrive, too—but to be fair, I only placed the order for it four days ago, so I am much further down the queue. Congratulations, and thanks for the photos. They will have to tide me over until mine arrives.

~Nancy

Thank you for the pictures! I also ordered a aubergrine night flight, and I'm hoping it gets here before my trip in the middle of august. I would have loved to have it for my trip next week, but I'll make due with an inferior carry on.
    I bought mine to match my tri star. To me it seems to be the perfect personal item to go with one of the larger bags. And I'm so pleased that knitting can fit in there! And it looks like a regular sized iPad fit in a simple case? (I think I have a similar case-- is that the Timbuktu2 iPad case?)
    Squee!

Quote Originally Posted by atarango1 View Post
    Thank you for the pictures! I also ordered a aubergrine night flight, and I'm hoping it gets here before my trip in the middle of august. I would have loved to have it for my trip next week, but I'll make due with an inferior carry on.
    I bought mine to match my tri star. To me it seems to be the perfect personal item to go with one of the larger bags. And I'm so pleased that knitting can fit in there! And it looks like a regular sized iPad fit in a simple case? (I think I have a similar case-- is that the Timbuktu2 iPad case?)
    Squee!
    Whoops, no, that's a nook simple tough in the timbuk2 case. Ipad is very large for this bag...I will have to take o
    It out if the otterbox and see how it fits...

Quote Originally Posted by Katycorgi View Post
    Whoops, no, that's a nook simple tough in the timbuk2 case. Ipad is very large for this bag...I will have to take o
    It out if the otterbox and see how it fits...
    Oh-- I hope the regular sized iPad will fit. I don't have a mini, and the iPad is what I travel with when I don't need my computer (most of the time.) Mind is without a case and I just use a sleeve when I travel, so I hope it will squeeze in there!

Ok I checked it out. iPad without bulky case fits, but not very squarely. It can go sort if leaning front to back, or angled side to side.

iPad experiment:
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 393
Size:  115.8 KB
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  168.8 KB

So the iPad won't lie down flat in the main compartment? That's interesting.The NF must be smaller than I think it is.

~Nancy
    eWalker likes this.

Katycorgi,
    I take it that the iPad doesn't lay down the other way in the main compartment? I was guessing that the main compartment was 9-10" wide and that the iPad (7.5" x 9.5") would squeeze in that way. This is not good.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibson View Post
    Katycorgi,
    I take it that the iPad doesn't lay down the other way in the main compartment? I was guessing that the main compartment was 9-10" wide and that the iPad (7.5" x 9.5") would squeeze in that way. This is not good.

My top pic is the iPad vertically oriented, the second pic is the iPad horizontally...it's a tight fit, and you couldn't put much in the mesh pouch and also zip the bag over the iPad.

You may also be able to fit the iPad better if the side pockets are not very full? I'm not sure. There's also the question of taking out the stiff foam padding, which would open things up a little bit as well. Totally depends on your case situation.
    ncb4 and eWalker like this.

thank you for the iPad pictures @katycorgi. It looks though like the iPad will lay long way on the side of the Night Flight…. hmmm
    eWalker likes this.

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0