Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

So what did you order?!

What great new TB products! I happily deferred a few retirement funds by choosing to invest in my TB lifetime fund! Below is a list of the items I just placed an order for. What are you most excited about of the new items? Did you also go a little crazy?!

-Aeronaut 30 (steel/wasabi)--I would have loved Steel dyneema/Wasabi but it's not to be...
    -Travel Laundry Stuff Sack for the A30 (I LOVE this item) in ultraviolet
    -Packing cubes for the A30
    -Q-Kit (at first I thought this wasn't something I would use but then I realized it's exactly what I need for errant coins, small items on planes-trains-automobiles...)
    -Various other items I've been waiting to purchase until today's announcement (double organizer pouches, 3D organizer cube, etc.).

I'm so happy, happy, happy with my order. Can't wait to get the items (going to Italy in mid-September!).
    Last edited by Holly; 06-30-2014 at 03:17 PM.

A couple of Q-Kits will definitely go on my wish-list, but I'm holding out for more Pilots because the one I borrowed from @ceepee is awesome and I want one of my own!

Where are you going in Italy? I've been to Venice and Florence - adore the former, found the latter fascinating but a little frenetic (probably because I went at Easter to see the flag-waving and fireworks)
    Holly and eWalker like this.
    Collections:
    Work EDC: SE + S19 (summer); SE + SA (winter)
    Leisure: some combination of SE/SCB/MCB/Swift/LS/FJN/DLBC/Imago/SSB
    Travel: WF + Pilot/DLBP + SE/SCB or SA + SE/SCB
    General organisation: More pouches, stuff sacks and cubes than you can shake a keystrap at!
    Favourite TB colours: aubergine, forest (sniff!), linen, wasabi, UV
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini + Moleskine; a Linen Side Effect; the return of Portable Culture!

French Blue Daylight pack! Because 1) French Blue and 2) diagonal zipper front pocket. I also like the idea of a parapack-lined backpack; I've enjoyed having parapack inside my cafe bags.

Plus a somber-colored Swift for work
    Wishlist: Black (Cordura)/UV S25; Aubergine/Steel SE; new 200D & 400D Dyneema fabrics; Imago v. 2

An aubergine/wasabi "30"
    large and end packing cube for the "30"
    a medium double organizer pouch

It is unlikely the 30 will get here before my trip to Greece in August, but I will rock it hard when I go to Rhinebeck in October.

Ordered a TLSS in Ultraviolet for my A45, which I am using for the first time on a trip right now (and fit perfectly in the overhead of a CRJ700 thank you very much). Also ordered a cache for my iPad Air, some key straps and another stuff sack.

I still have my one week old Tristar sitting at home ready for first use, and a Synapse 25 in black Dyneema enroute on the UPS truck.

I got the A30 in steel/wasabi (I squealed so hard when I saw that color option)

2 Q-Kits

A steel PCSB to replace the one I traded in a deal with moriond for an Imago!

SO EXCITED!

I'm in two minds about a Burnt Orange Daylight Pack. I like the minimalist design, but I literally just took delivery of a Burnt Orange S19! Since the cost of returning it from the UK would be be pretty steep, I'm wondering whether I can justify having both when they're so close in capacity.....and, yes, it would have to be Burnt Orange

I like the size and design of the Night Flight Travel Duffle but I'm thinking it could get too heavy for me to carry over one shoulder. The Aeronaut 30, although it has backpack straps, might be a little too large for my needs ...... They're both so tempting though

I NEED about a million Q-Kits, though 2 is all I've ordered for now

ceepee what about pictures of the S19? We do not have enough pictures of burned orange jet.
    eWalker likes this.

Hi Scribe,

Although I've lived in France in the past and traveled throughout Europe before and since then, this will be my first trip to Italy so I'm excited! For this first trip we are going to the big three (Venice, Florence, Rome) with some brief side trips (Cinque Terre, etc.). All told it will be about 12 days in all. We're also doing a 2 day stop over in Istanbul on the way from the States (Turkish Air deal). I'm traveling with non-traveling family so while I typically do everything on my own, this time we're taking a tour with a company I've used once in the past called Intrepid; I believe they are out of Australia. We'll be in Rome on our own for a few days at the end. I'll take the A30 and some sort of cross-body bag for day.
    eWalker likes this.

@ceepee, I'm right there with you! I have a Synapse 19 in navy/UV that I adore, but that Burnt Orange Daylight Pack is calling my name. I wonder if it would drive me crazy trying to decide which one to carry. As a knitter, I love that there are multiple pouches in which to place fibery projects! And the fact that it's extremely lightweight would be delightful for me, as my back is not being nice to me lately.

Volunteer Moderator
    I'm really excited seeing the announcements today!

I need to take time to digest it all.

But I did pull the trigger on a French Blue Daylight Backpack, since that is available now. I added to the order a Cache for my laptop, and a French Blue / Navy Small Cafe Bag.

Ordered the Aeronaut 30 in Aubergine/Wasabi, Absolute Strap, one large, 2 small and one end pocket packing cubes, size 3 stuff sack and some odds and ends. I'm hoping they've overestimated the preorder time, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the beginning of August (I leave on the 8th).
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    ceepee what about pictures of the S19? We do not have enough pictures of burned orange jet.
    Well, I was a bit pre-occupied today, I'll see what I can do tomorrow
    Ilkyway likes this.

Ordered laundry sack, DOP, shop bag, and 2 Q-kits. Want a Night flight for the next order...!

And maybe a daylight burnt orange pack...or that beautiful French blue...
    Last edited by luvdabags; 06-30-2014 at 03:37 PM.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Well, I was a bit pre-occupied today, I'll see what I can do tomorrow
    I did not want to rush you. I think we all are a it distracted today. Since it is near midnight here I go to bed now, you have the middle of the night too now, so have a nice night,
    Ilkyway

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0