Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosLib View Post
    I just ordered my first TB bag, an Aeronaut 30 in Steel/UV. Now I need to order the matching Co-Pilot to go with it
    Steel UV is my second favourite...my first is Aubergine/Wasabi...but if I would buy the Aeronaut 30 I would get it in steel/uv too. Maybe you could post some pictures once you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    Steel UV is my second favourite...my first is Aubergine/Wasabi...but if I would buy the Aeronaut 30 I would get it in steel/uv too. Maybe you could post some pictures once you have it.
    I ordered the A30 in Steel/Wasabi but I was sure tempted by the Steel/Ultraviolet. The only reason I went with wasabi--besides loving wasabi--is that most of my accessories (travel tray, stuff sacks, etc.) are in wasabi and I like to match most pieces. I also really like having a bright light-reflective interior as it's easier to see items in the bag. I'm sure the steel/ultraviolet is absolutely lovely!

I just ordered two A30s (one for me and one for my wife). It is the bag we have been waiting for for some time. I chose Black/Wasabi and she chose Black Dyneema/Wasabi; both bags will match our existing Smart Alecs...we are both very excited

Quote Originally Posted by vivelly View Post
    I'll definitely post pictures when it arrives I'm so excited for my first TB bag! I'm a knitter and have seen lots of Swifts and Little Swifts in the wild and while the Swifts and Little Swifts just aren't my style in a knitting bag (I need a bag that a certain small cat wouldn't be able to jump inside of) the construction and attention to detail was absolutely impeccable. I don't travel a lot but when I do I prefer to travel with only a carry-on and the Aeronaut 30 seems like the perfect one bag for me to have forever and ever and ever Now I'm just crossing my fingers that the Steel/UV Co-Pilot won't sell out between now and when I get my next paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Anybody have a WF, and do you like it?
    I love my WF - it's big enough that I can pack for several days, but small enough that I can carry it without too much effort even when loaded to capacity. I'm using on my current 6-day trip to the US as my carry-on, with a Pilot as my personal item.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ilkyway and Missy like this.
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Quote Originally Posted by scribe View Post
    I love my WF - it's big enough that I can pack for several days, but small enough that I can carry it without too much effort even when loaded to capacity. I'm using on my current 6-day trip to the US as my carry-on, with a Pilot as my personal item.
    Welcome to the other side of the Atlantic, @scribe! Hope you have a great time.

I, too, love my Aubergine WF for the same reason you described. And I especially love that it is the rolling bag version without the backpack straps.... because that has allowed me to justify placing a pre-order for an Aubergine A30 . My other justification is that it will be my birthday present to myself and should (hopefully) arrive just in time for a trip to Niagara Falls with my aunt (her birthday present to me)!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Thanks @scribe and @taminca. My steel Dyneema WF came today, and it is in perfect condition. It has the portable culture label and looks brand new. Mine has the back pack straps and it took me a while to figure out how to attach them to the bottom of the bag. Now I just need to take a trip! I also got a Nordic MCB today too! Never too much TB 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Missy View Post
    Thanks @scribe and @taminca. My steel Dyneema WF came today, and it is in perfect condition. It has the portable culture label and looks brand new. Mine has the back pack straps and it took me a while to figure out how to attach them to the bottom of the bag. Now I just need to take a trip! I also got a Nordic MCB today too! Never too much TB ��
    Oooooh! Congrats, @Missy. Scoring a "Portable Culture" label is just the BEST! And Nordic on top of that? Well, life is indeed good : )
    Ilkyway and Missy like this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by taminca View Post
    Oooooh! Congrats, @Missy. Scoring a "Portable Culture" label is just the BEST! And Nordic on top of that? Well, life is indeed good : )
    It was your pictures that did it
    taminca likes this.

Just doing some quick math- A45 is 22 x 14 x 9 = 2772 in^3 | A30 is 19.7 x 12.6 x 7.9 = 1961 in^3

This gives (2772 - 1961) / 2772 = 29.3% more volume, jiving pretty closely with the nominal size difference (45 - 30) / 45 = 33.3%

It was love at first sight with the Night Flight travel duffle... So I finally pulled the trigger and pre-ordered the Aubergrine/Wasabi, to match my Tristar. And one packing cube….along with another double organizer pouch (I love the one I have) and a Q-kit. I have a hard time with the "personal item" issue. I usually use my Synapse 25 when traveling for research or work (whenever I need to haul my computer) but I wanted something a bit smaller for when I don't need to schlep a lot of stuff, but not cafe bag small. I have a Swift, but I don't like how it can tip over when flying-- I prefer my carry-ons zipped up-. For the longest time I used a medium sized tote from Timbuk2 which worked well and wasn't too big, but it was bulky, hard to carry cross body and the strap sucked. (Ive actually been tempted to resurrect it by taking that strap off and using the absolute strap instead.) So the Night Flight it is-- hopefully it will comfortably carry my knitting, food (being a celiac when traveling can suck. I always carry lots of food) and some in-flight entertainment with no trouble. And Sharky of course. I'm hoping my pillow-pet can ride comfortably on top.

I'm still curious about how the size of it will feel. You don't get good sense of it from the video, so I'll try to post photos as soon as I get it.

Well gosh! I was thrilled to see that the thread I started "So what did you order?" was linked to in the most recent blog!! I aspire to being identified by name at some point and hope to achieve such an honor!

Already posted in the anticipation thread, but I ordered:

Synapse 25 (Black/Wasabi)
    Side Effect (Black Dyneema/Wasabi)
    Small DOP
    Various Keystraps

Due to arrive on Tuesday...can't wait.
    I think I've already talked myself into several things for another order. This place is dangerous!

I finally got to order a couple of Q-Kits (I'm already replete with main travel bags) thanks to the return of the Pilot. I'm sure I'll find loads of uses for them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Collections:
    black/aubergine + wasabi (WF, SA + UMP, CP, TT, TSSs, SE, Swift, QK, YSSs & KTPs)
    forest/cork/linen + steel/olive (Imago, Pilot, SCB, COW, QK, OPs)
    olive/plum + steel/UV/wasabi (S19, SE, MCB, TSSs, SSBs, YSSs, LSS, 3DOCs, OPs)
    black/steel + iberian (S25, DLBP, SE, SCB, FJN, TSSs, YSSs, 3DFOC)
    Hoping for: FJN for iPad Mini; more bags in Aubergine; the return of Portable Culture!

Greetings Bihnions and Bihnheads!

I've been sitting on the fence for a while but I am finally joining your ranks. Brown Santa should be stopping by tomorrow with my steel Co-Pilot. And, I just ordered a pair of A45's - black/wasabi for me and aubergine/wasabi for Mrs. A. I also got a few cubes and an assortment of stuff sacks.

We are going to Japan in October. It's gonna be awesome!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0