Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

Oh, first post because I had to jump in on the color therapy thread! I think it's beyond emotional love and hate what colors we're drawn to. Something about wiring on physical, mental, emotional and yes, even spiritual levels. No matter how much I try to love wasabi and I do love the idea of wasabi and solar and all things bright, it simply jars me! I ordered 6 wasabi accessories to go with my steel dyneema/UV S19, aubergine/UV and steel bn/UV side effects and black/uv SCB, UV and ST shop bags. Sent all but a mini OP back, my level of joy in wasabi!

I love that there are people who love and are delighted to be surrounded by yellow-based colors. What would the world be without us all? Yet for me, I'm waiting on Aub/steel dyneema (yup, my eyes see too much green in the steel parapack), anything UV and more blued-based outers. For instance, I'm stalled on purchasing small swift because I want the aubergine outside, but it only comes in wasabi lining. Even steel would be welcome, if not UV.

I wonder whether in the growing pains of TB where there is some very real scarcity, it tends to feel more like a competition between getting our preferred color ways produced. Loved the idea I read about some production method that would produce standard options for lining colors for a given bag - say Aubergine with choice of wasabe or uv (or steel) lining. Then we could all live in harmony, lol. Meanwhile, viva la difference!
    Last edited by celtical; 07-02-2014 at 06:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaii View Post
    Just got the " hurrah your order has shipped message". !!!!

Wendy, I went for aubergine/wasabi for a30. Also got daylight in black dyneema!
    I ordered the aubergine/wasabi a30 as well as some packing cubes. Now I'm going to be anxiously checking my email for a shipping notice!

Here is a quick FYI on my order - I ordered an A30, some packing cubes, and a medium organizer pouch. I initially asked them to hold my order until everything was ready, but last night I sent them an email asking them to ship as available. This morning I received an email saying that they did in fact have a medium organizer pouch (azalea!!!) in stock, and would send that out, but that everything else will probably be sent in August. When I log in to my account the order status page looks like everything is shipping, but his email indicates that only the pouch is, so I think maybe it is a limitation of the system that it shows shipping on the order line, even if only a partial order is shipping? I will be very interested to hear a follow up on whether anyone does actually receive an A30!

I did not order anything that debuted but was holding to order only after the debut. Happy to say that after 1 month of research, I'm a Bihn virgin no more!

Ordered an Ego with the Cayenne and Navy stripe. With the Absolute strap of course.

AND!

a Co-Pilot in Black/ Solar with standard strap. Was hoping so so much for a Black Dyneema one but after many emails with the TB crew, no luck, so I decided to drop my hopes and go for the black. The solar will be the redeeming factor!

My first ever purchase from Bihn and I bought 2 bags at one go. What have I done...

A friend of mine, who saw how obsessed I got after my first Tom Bihn purchase, has a theory that there must be some chemical in the fabrics that keeps us all so hooked the way we are.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. On the way: coyote/steel Side Effect. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    A friend of mine, who saw how obsessed I got after my first Tom Bihn purchase, has a theory that there must be some chemical in the fabrics that keeps us all so hooked the way we are.
    That is a very very plausible theory! The TB crew may want to shed some light on this.

Quote Originally Posted by aquaris85 View Post
    a Co-Pilot in Black/ Solar with standard strap.
    I also got this combo. I have two bags already in Black/Solar and it's a really stunning combo. I think they pair incredibly nicely together. I would've loved a black or steel dyneema with a solar interior, but I'll take what I can get. I just really love solar.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

I wanted the ego as my everyday, conservative work bag and a black dyneema co-pilot for fun nights out. No fate for that i guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So what did you order?!

Quote Originally Posted by bb93fo57 View Post
    What I like is that it is high visibility without being 'in-your-face' (like, um, Solar).
    Ah, diversity! I'll miss Solar a lot. It's a nice sunflower yellow that's very cheering.

Colour preferences are hard to understand, and I like hearing what others like and don't like. I can see why some would be icked by UV-- it's the slightly dull, dark purple of the Fanta grape sodas I liked as a kid-- but I think it's okay! On the other hand, my partner and I refer to wasabi as "nauseous green". But I'm not sure why I think one is fine and not the other.

Since pleasing everyone isn't economical, I hope TB will just continue to produce pretty colour combinations (yes, including those with wasabi).

But um, back to topic. Apologies for derailing further...
    Last edited by adalangdon; 07-02-2014 at 11:48 AM.

So...I just, uh, *accidentally* placed another order..I swore to myself that I didn't need a Daylight Backpack since I have a SA and a S25, but I managed to convince myself that I was wrong and that I DO need one! And in Burnt Orange (also ordered a large Solar Stuff Sack). I also just talked to Matthew on the phone and they're gonna throw in my 2 Q-Kits and my PCSB with this order...hopefully it'll hold me over until my A30 ships! Hooray!

I should get another job...

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I consider myself assimilated into the collective...resistance is futile!

Quote Originally Posted by Moosezilla View Post
    So...I just, uh, *accidentally* placed another order..I swore to myself that I didn't need a Daylight Backpack since I have a SA and a S25, but I managed to convince myself that I was wrong and that I DO need one! And in Burnt Orange (also ordered a large Solar Stuff Sack). I also just talked to Matthew on the phone and they're gonna throw in my 2 Q-Kits and my PCSB with this order...hopefully it'll hold me over until my A30 ships! Hooray!

I should get another job...
    Every time I look at the website and see all the bags I *need* to have, I think the exact same thing.
    TB Gear: Synapse 25: Black Dyneema/Wasabi, Side Effect: Black/UV, 3D Clear Organizer Cube: Conifer, Double Organizer Pouches (S+M): Black

All these new designs looks so amazing, and the Aeronaut 30 would be perfect except that I already have an Aeronaut 45, bah! So to tide me over while I think about things, I've ordered 2 Q kits because they're adorable and I cannot resist their miniature stature/great utility.

So I ordered a Q-kit (because it was so cute), a Swift (been thinking a about it for awhile), and s SE. I couldn't stand to wait til August so didn't order the A30. Then of course I had to check Ebay and ended up doing a Buy it Now on a Steel Dyneema WF. Pretty excited about it; just hope it's as nice as it looked online. Anybody have a WF, and do you like it?

So I feel like I'm missing something. I've heard talk (well, type) of all sorts of colors I didn't even know existed! What, pray tell, is this Azalea you speak about? Also kiwi, cayenne, and all sorts of other wondrous colors! I think cayenne is an older color, yes? I really feel like I need a cheat sheet as I know I would request other colors of things if I only knew what they were!!
    jess likes this.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0