Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

totally agree on ick for wasabi. Darcy, are you listening????

So what did you order?!

Quote Originally Posted by eWalker View Post
    @ceepee The video you mentioned is this one?

You made me very curious!!
    eWalker, that is indeed the same guy, but I think this might be one video I've not seen yet (something to look forward to watching later ..... )

As someone that likes owning multiple bags but that hates having to move all my stuff from one to the other the tiered approach appealed to me and it's not a million miles away from what I was already doing.

I must say, I haven't gone so far as to produce any full colour, glossy. PDF printouts like UrbanPrepper has but I admire his organisational and presentation skills .... which, incidentally, put me in mind of @Maverick

His channel is here: https://youtube.com/user/TheUrbanPrepper

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post

I desperately wanted that NFTD in Black Dyneema, but I just can't make myself like Wasabi. Anything but Wasabi. Preferably Ultraviolet, but really... anything but Wasabi.
    The only thing worse than wasabi in my mind is solar. I just can't get into anything yellow or yellowish.

Wasabi is just so....dull. Now if there was a kiwi dyneema, THAT would be awesome. Or aqua or sky blue or cocoa or taupe or.....
    Moose and RhoFro like this.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian , PU in coyote/steel (this bag is not just for parents), SE in black/iberian and coyote/steel, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz in black and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps. Still waiting for the perfect weekender bag which would be a slightly larger Night Flight or a slightly smaller Skookum duffle.

so true. what happened to the lighter grey steel 200d color? neutral. doen't offend anyone and still lets you see what's inside.

Huh. I love me some wasabi! Now UV on the other hand...total ew. I try so hard to like it, but I can't. Sorry, UV!

I swear, I really wasn't going to order anything...especially since I have already acquired 4 large orders since January...but then I noticed that the Daylight was available in plum. Hmmm...How could I even think of passing that up? Then I realized I couldn't let it travel across country alone, so a Q-kit is tagging along. I must admit the temptation of an Aero30 is haunting me, but I am staying strong and didn't add that to my order...yet... :-)
    Lots of assorted purples, some blues, and a bit of black: 2S19, 5SE, 2WF, MCB, SCB, Imago, 2S, LS, TT, K, 2QC, 5 3D, 4WFSBPC, 2WFBPPC, FJNB, 4Wallets, 4LSB, 2SSB, DLBP, Pilot, Assorted sacks, packing cubes, organizer pouches, key straps :-)

To each his own! I personally do not like wasabi but love solar. And i like solar because it's such a happy colour to me. And it looks great with black or black dyneema in my opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=

I desperately wanted that NFTD in Black Dyneema, but I just can't make myself like Wasabi. Anything but Wasabi. Preferably Ultraviolet, but really... anything but Wasabi. [/QUOTE]

I used to be the same way! I originally hated wasabi and loved UV. Now I love wasabi, even though in most lighting it's never as bright or fresh as I want it to look. There's hope!
    Ilkyway likes this.

Now I would make my entire world wasabi if I could! Although I do also like solar as an interior color.

It's great that TB offers choices, even if they are limited, so we can each have what we prefer. You just have to watch the bags and grab the combo you want when it's there. Well, except the navy/wasabi combo that I would love, but it hasn't been made. "Yet," I hope!
    SE: b-Aubergine; c-Plum Indigo; d-Steel Nordic Black Solar Wasabi; pp-Olive

SWIFT: Turquoise Plum Hemp Aubergine Olive Kiwi INDIGO!!!!
    PCSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Iberian Nordic
    SSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic
    LSB: Ultraviolet Wasabi Steel Solar Iberian Nordic Black

SCB: Plum Nordic Cocoa d-Black/Solar d-Nordic/Solar
    MCB: Plum Nordic Storm Cocoa d-Nordic/Solar d-Black/Solar

IMAGO: Indigo/Plum, Navy/Cork, Black, Cocoa
    CO-PILOT: Indigo
    AERONAUT 45: Indigo

Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    The videos are artistic and fun to watch, but don't really demo the products well, IMO.
    Yes, I agree.

I am very interested in the Night Flyer Duffel, and will probably pre-order one. However, the problem with the video is that it was shot mostly with a very wide-angle lens. As is the case with these lenses, the bag comes out looking larger than it actually is, respective to the model, because it's closest to the camera. This type of distortion is typical, and therefore not a good representation of the relative size of the bag. Plus - who knows, but it seems that the model is quite petite, which doesn't help.

Also ... can't figure out what the Coyote color is like.
    RhoFro likes this.

If you visit the Skookum website, you will see that one of the color choices for their duffles are all made of coyote. It's a desert color.
    eWalker likes this.
    The stockpile keeps growing...I'm in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by meekasmom View Post
    totally agree on ick for wasabi. Darcy, are you listening????
    Yes, I don't know what it is about Wasabi, but every time I look at it (I have some wasabi straps), for some reason, the movie Exorcist comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by cucciasv View Post
    Yes, I don't know what it is about Wasabi, but every time I look at it (I have some wasabi straps), for some reason, the movie Exorcist comes to mind.

lol that's what I like about it. If the French term "jolie laide" applied to colors, it would apply to wasabi!

Two orders, one for now and one for later. Now - QKits, Nordic large shop bag, and travel trays - including wasabi, haters gonna hate, but I love neon green just like I love the 1980s! And for later - NFTD in aubergine/wasabi (tough choice for me between that and black Dyneema) and accessories for it. Looking forward to it! Held off on the laundry sacks as I need to use my regular stuff sacks more.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0