Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

First bag order (have the TT in Steel and Nordic Dyneema). Went with Aeronaut 30 in Steel/UV. Originally chose Black/Steel but decided to be adventurous and get color. ( A little bit of color )

I ended up ordering the TLSS 45 in steel dyneema and 2 Q Kits. The TLSS will be great for it's intended use, but I am also thinking it would make a great wet/dry bag for the kid's clothes when we do days at the park/lake. Obviously not for sopping wet items, but to carry a change of their clothes and contain the damp/dirty ones.

The A30 looks great, but probably too small for my needs right now. I could see buying one once the kids can carry their own bags and I could downsize. But based on the fact that the large eagle creek packing folder won't fit, I know it won't work for my husband.

The Night Flight looks interesting. I like how it can be organized and looks to be handy for getting to items in flight, or for a specific task (gym/camera bag.) I'd need to see more photos of it in action though. I generally like the smaller bags to be able to serve as an EDC and I don't know how realistic that would be with this bag.

Disappointed that there were no new dyneenma colors unveiled! Oh well...maybe next time
    eWalker likes this.
    My TB family:
    A45 in black/iberian, black/steel BB S25 in black dyneema S19 in black/iberian LCB in steel parapack/iberian CP in navy ballistic/solar Swift in steel dyneema LS in Aubergine SE in steel 400d dyneema, nordic dyneema/solar, solar TTs various pouches/key straps/YSSs iPad mini cache LSBs, SSBs PCSB, A45 PCBP in Nordic dyneema 360mm Quiver

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Not only is it allowed, it's encouraged. It's also good practice for enabling others.
    Well, it would seem I'm pretty good at it .... ended up placing an order on my phone, after I'd gone to bed!

Quote Originally Posted by ilikepie View Post
    ceepee, could you describe this tiered system or drop a link to a video? Thanks.
    I shall see about starting a new thread later today, I can probably kill two birds with one stone and get some Burnt Orange pics in there for Ilkyway

Well, I ended up ordering some Nordic in time!!! The large shopbag in Nordic and ..only for now because thats all I can afford after my mega TB order earlier...the laundry bag for the aeronaut in uv...that one is brilliant I think! I like the day backpack too...but since I just bought the Synapse 19 and 25 I cannot justify another backpack. Well...the last order was meant to be the last one in a long time to come....so NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I shall see about starting a new thread later today, I can probably kill two birds with one stone and get some Burnt Orange pics in there for Ilkyway
    YES PLEASE to both birds! I did some youtoob watching today but I would love to see your Tom Bihn Bag approach of this.

It took me a good nights sleep to come up with the explanation why I need the new Daylight Backpack. Apart from the obvious reasons: it is availability now, it comes in a solid purple version, it is a backpack I added during the night:
    1. It might work as a bag in bag in the Smart Alec?
    2. It can accompanier the Q-Kit across the ocean. They are way too tiny to travel on their own. As a mother I could not stand the thought of thous helpless tiny bags all by themselves...
    3. It will work great as a day pack for traveling to be stored in the carry on while flying.
    4. It might be a good solution for hot summer-days when carrying a big backpacks like the Smart Alec feels to much to bear.
    5. If 1. and 4. do not work for me I can always hand it down to one of my girls because it is small enough for them.
    6. If 5. does not happen I can secredly find out if they would like it as a Christmas-Gift.

What do you say to that?

Ilkyway

I laughed out loud at point 2!

I haven't ordered anything... yet...

I'm seriously considering whether I should sell my (underused) Tri-Star (navy/solar) and replace it with an Aubergine/Wasabi A30. I bought it from ceepee at the same time I bought my Aeronaut (45, in Crimson/steel) but it's seen very little use since then and I've not really bonded with it. The layout of the Aeronaut just seems to suit me better, but sometimes the 45 is that bit too big...

I'd love a Night Flight Duffel, but I can't justify one given that I already have a Synapse 19 plus other bags including a Pilot, which fill nearly the same niche. I fly very very rarely, so it would be unlikely to be used in its primary targeted use case as a maximum size personal item. If I were to get a NFTD then it would almost certainly become my 'gym' bag (hot yoga, really) and that's currently the Synapse.

I definitely *will* be getting at least a couple of Q-kits, in common with many of the people who have posted here. It looks a good fit for something I've been hoping TB would make for a while, a very small carry for essentials (keys, money, couple of cards) during the summer when going about one's business in clothes which have few or no pockets (my hot-weather mufti is a pair of Oakley board shorts and a polo shirt) in which to corral coins etc. It could even become a coin purse in a trouser pocket to save on wear on the pocket lining... It just makes sense to combine the order with something else as the postage to the UK can be a bit nontrivial...

Sigh. Choices, choices!
    A45 crim/stl TS navy/solr A30 aub/wsbi S19 nrdc/stl P nrdc/solr CP blk/stl; SE wsbi CQPC ibrn, solr Ri aub/stl 3DCC card TSS4 wsbi K card TT solr,nrdc,blk CC card/stl PCBP solr PP navy QK frst,cyte,aub + loadsa cubes!

For me, I plan to order the DLBP, Laundry Travel SS, a couple of Q-Kits, a couple of PCSBs plus a few other smaller accessories.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk
    eWalker likes this.

My partner and I decided to give each other new TB bags for our anniversary, which is today. (Isn't love grand? ) So last night, she ordered a NFTD for me in Black/Steel, along with the organizational insert and 2 packing cubes. I ordered a NFTD for her in Coyote/Steel, along with the organizational insert and 2 packing cubes... and while I was on line, the Aeronaut 30 in Black/Steel and 1 large packing cube also somehow made their way into my cart.

I desperately wanted that NFTD in Black Dyneema, but I just can't make myself like Wasabi. Anything but Wasabi. Preferably Ultraviolet, but really... anything but Wasabi.

I purchsed the NFTB in Black Dyneema/Wasabi with two packing cubes, absolute shoulder strap (for the times when I know I'll over stuff it for an overnight trip), and a small clear organizer pouch. A small, but awesome order for me. I've been searching for the perfect over night and/or gym bag and this seems to fit the bill.

I would have preferred a Black Dyneema Solar combo, but I figure I'll wait and see if the color options expand for the A30 before ordering that since it appears to be the perfect size carry on for my 4'11" frame (i.e., already brainstorming a future order). I don't have any plans for any extensive travel until November, and that'll just be a quick jaunt down to California (from the Seattle area) so I'm not too worried about ordering it until later on.

I cannot wait to get my hands on my new NFTD!
    haraya and eWalker like this.
    Bags I Want: Dyneema A30

Current Bags: Black Dyneema/Wasabi CP, Black Dyneema/Wasabi NFTD w/2 packing cubes, Hemp Swift, Cork Swift, Cork LS, LSB, SSB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi LCB, Black Dyneema/Solar SCB, Black Dyneema/Wasabi SE, Size 1 Stuff Sack, TT, Plenty of YSS, Q-Kit, bunches of pouches

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    I've recently adopted a tiered system for EDC (inspired by urbanprepper videos on YouTube )
    @ceepee The video you mentioned is this one?

You made me very curious!!
    Last edited by eWalker; 07-01-2014 at 07:56 AM.
    Ilkyway likes this.
    Orders are here! Unpacking A45, A30, NF20 & CP10! TB Crew rocks!!

Must admit to being drawn to the A30, but haven't succumbed to temptation (yet).

I am having a hard time justifying it, given that I already have a Tri-Star and Western Flyer. (It also doesn't help that I swore my recent pre-price increase order would be my last big luggage purchase for a while!)

A laundry stuff sack and Q-Kit will definitely be added to my wish list, however...
    Last edited by bb93fo57; 07-01-2014 at 08:37 AM.
    eWalker likes this.
    Current Traveling Companions:
    Black Ballistic: Tri-Star (w/Iberian), Co-Pilot (w/Iberian)
    Steel Ballistic: Aeronaut30 (w/UV), Pilot (w/UV), Western Flyer (w/Iberian)
    Black Dyneema: Synapse25 (w/Wasabi), Pilot (w/Wasabi), Side Effect (w/Wasabi)

Quote Originally Posted by Marsha View Post
    I just can't make myself like Wasabi. Anything but Wasabi. Preferably Ultraviolet, but really... anything but Wasabi.
    You're not alone! I can't get into Wasabi Dyneema either, and my dislike for the colour is almost a visceral one. It's the only TB fabric I don't like. I feel a little bad as it is such a well-loved colour :S

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0