Shop Tom Bihn
1-800-729-9607
emailus@tombihn.com
Tom Bihn Forums: Community discussion on travel bags, laptop bags, and backpacks. Tom Bihn has been designing and making bags since 1972. The best materials and innovative construction.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

I decided to try a Daylight Backpack in plum and a Q Kit. I'm not 100% sure about the daylight pack but I thought it might be a nice small backpack option. The pack itself seems like it would be perfect, I just worry about the straps. I'm sort of an overpacker when it comes to my every day stuff so a plain strap may not be the most comfy. I am sad that there wasn't a new cross body EDC size bag but I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that one shows up sometime. I also added on a couple of black travel trays since I was ordering anyway and have been eyeing them for a while.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sturbridge View Post
    I'm gonna get a couple of Q kits, but nothing else really excited me. I was hoping for a cross body EDC bag. I use a Little Swift or Small Shopping Bag for that now, but would like something that zippers. Maybe that cross body knitting bag that will come out any year now will fit the bill.
    What about the Co-Pilot? When I got mine I was initially disappointed in its size (too small). But the organization is ingenious and while I might want to maximize my carry-on capacity with a larger personal item, I've found this bag very versatile. Wouldn't trade it!

Quote Originally Posted by moriond View Post
    I agree with your assessment of the Aeronaut 30 as being what was expected. This isn't a bad thing, and I put my order in to make the first production group.
    Not at all. I'm pleased with it. I wanted the Aeronaut, only smaller. In this case 'no surprises' is a good thing.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

A30 in Aubergine/Wasabi
    Absolute Strap
    Large and end packing cubes
    TLSS
    1 Q-Kit
    16" key strap in Wasabi

Super duper excited!

I added the Burnt Orange Daylight Pack to my cart and removed it 6 times....
    I really want it but I just don't think I can justify another backpack right this minute!
    I hope that Burnt Orange sticks around for a while

I'm heading to Disneyland at the end of August to run in the Dumbo Double Dare and I so hope that my bags will be here by then!
    Last edited by chrome64; 06-30-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Can you explain? how could A45 and A30 be same fit?

so there isn't much difference in the length--- how can that be...19.7" vs 22"yet the volume is so much more.....

have to rethink now.
    Last edited by meekasmom; 06-30-2014 at 07:18 PM.

I am so glad that the daylight backpack was one of the five new designs. Over the past couple of weeks, I kept putting in and taking out the two dyneema packing cubes because I liked the dyneema functional lightweight thing but they both looked so, well, boxy and cube like. Because they are. Could I trust my MBP 13 or kindle fire to carry in such a one? hmmm...

So then TB makes a backpack shaped like a backpack without heavy padding or pockets that aren't sewn at the bottom (did you know that Synapse users?) and the better price point! So I went for it. Ahem, another daypack for moi will soon be on that confoundedly slow UPS truck. wooo hooo.

THANKS, Mr. Bihn (and crew!)

Sigh.... Nothing. I am still waiting for the dyneema wf to reappear. The aeronaut 30 is too long for me to wear comfortably and I think packing it not very full would leave the contents to slosh around. I might order the new daypack at some point but i like to combine orders to save on shipping. Sigh....

JLE
    Ooh, travel duffle could be just what I need!
    eWalker likes this.

The Aeronaut 30 was exactly what I was hoping for. I ordered one in Black Dyneema/Wasabi and a large packing cube. I also ordered a QKit (perfect for carrying tatting supplies!) and a small cafe bag in French Blue, just because.
    eWalker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrome64 View Post
    I added the Burnt Orange Daylight Pack to my cart and removed it 6 times....
    I really want it but I just don't think I can justify another backpack right this minute!
    I hope that Burnt Orange sticks around for a while
    ME TOO! I am just not one to use a backpack for daily use...maybe I would be, though, if I got this awesome pack. That is the eternal question--what IF!!
    eWalker likes this.

Went back and forth on the Aubergine/Wasabi A30 and finally just left it on my Wish List. Among the photos is an A30 in Aubergine/Steel and I may wait for that color combo -- along with a Wasabi Travel Laundry Stuff Sack to go with the rest of my Wasabi TB OPs, TT, etc...

BTW I just noticed that the A30 and NFTD (but not the Daylight Backpack) are sporting new TB logo patches. IMHO, fewer words is better. "Portable Culture" Rules!
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

I'm actually thinking that because it doesn't have thick straps and internal padding that it will pack away inside my A30 and serve as a EDC when I arrive at my destination! Plus it's just so pretty!!!
    WenV, eWalker and jess like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chrome64 View Post
    I'm actually thinking that because it doesn't have thick straps and internal padding that it will pack away inside my A30 and serve as a EDC when I arrive at my destination! Plus it's just so pretty!!!
    I'm hoping the same thing (well not about the A30 but more in general). I was going to buy a PCBP but was on the fence because I kept thinking I'd want something a bit more for an EDC while traveling. I hope the daylight is small enough to use as a not-quite packing cube in a larger bag and make a nicer EDC option too.
    eWalker likes this.

Ok I ordered a30 in aubergine, q-kit, and daylight pack in black dyneema...
    eWalker likes this.

Love the looks of the Daylight. I just got a Nordic PCBP, so I'll have to bide my time and wait for my next attack of TBAS. But the shape, the stacked-pocket concept ("shingled" makes me think of shingles, lol) and the size all sound just perfect. (16L is the capacity of my favorite non-TB pack, just right for EDC.)

The Night Flight (delightful name, brings to mind Toothless the Dragon ) and the A30 are also very very tempting. Maybe the A30 nudges out the NF by a hair, for me, because of the backpack straps. We're not traveling enough right now for me to spring for a dedicated one-bag bag (bags must be EDC-applicable) but these two are verrry tempting. Or maybe the hubby needs a new gym bag for Christmas...

And I'm sure I'll figure out why I need a Q-Kit, very soon!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0