Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree300Likes

Thread: So what did you order?!

Quote Originally Posted by Mausermama View Post
    @ceepee, I'm right there with you! I have a Synapse 19 in navy/UV that I adore, but that Burnt Orange Daylight Pack is calling my name. I wonder if it would drive me crazy trying to decide which one to carry. As a knitter, I love that there are multiple pouches in which to place fibery projects! And the fact that it's extremely lightweight would be delightful for me, as my back is not being nice to me lately.
    I like the organisation of the S19 (and it's bigger brother, the S25), but since I've recently adopted a tiered system for EDC (inspired by urbanprepper videos on YouTube ) the organisation in the Synapse is a bit redundant on a day to day basis.

Maybe I could designate the S19 as my overnight/weekend travel bag .... The S25 was excellent for a two week trip recently ......... Is 'enabling' yourself allowed???! ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkyway View Post
    I did not want to rush you. I think we all are a it distracted today. Since it is near midnight here I go to bed now, you have the middle of the night too now, so have a nice night,
    Ilkyway
    Strike whilst the iron's hot (ie. before I forget ). But, yes, you're right, now it's time to go to bed ..... no doubt to dream of all the new bag goodness that's just been unleashed

What a fun day!

A30 vs tri-star? pros/cons?

I couldn't resist the NFTD. Got one in black/steel with the insert. And a Q-kit. Aeronaut 30 is not in the cards for me, I have a Tri-Star that is similarly sized.
    eWalker likes this.
    Black/Steel TS, Black/Steel Aeronaut, Black/Black/Steel Brain Bag, Black/Steel Co-Pilot, Black/Steel Pilot, Black/Steel Synapse 19, Black Dyneema/Wasabi Synapse 19, Black/Steel Cadet 11, Black/Steel Imago, Black Dyneema/Wasabi MCB, Navy/Cayenne and Black/Solar SCB, Black/Wasabi and Navy/Iberian SE and many pouches in various sizes. Tom Bihnaholic.

Tizi, I also have a Tristar (only used it for 2 trips so far) and I will have to see which I prefer, it or the A30 (if not both). My gut tells me I will keep either the A30 or the Tristar so that I can get a S19 or something else. I really need to touch and practice pack bags to figure out if it will work but I love me some TB so I may keep it all and just buy more!
    eWalker likes this.

So far... Aubergine Q-Kit and French Blue Daylight Backpack, along with Steel and Wasabi Passport Pouches. They are ALL in stock so should arrive later this week (crossing fingers and toes). An excellent way to end what, unfortunately, will be a very long stressful work week. Thanks, TB!
    eWalker likes this.
    "Inside everyone is a great shout of joy waiting to be born."
    -- David Whyte

Quote Originally Posted by thorn View Post
    A30 vs tri-star? pros/cons?
    I got the Tristar partly because the A45 was too long for my back - I'd assumed that the A30 would be shorter, but from the description it sounds like they designed it to fit the same. That might be a consideration for some.

Quote Originally Posted by ceepee View Post
    Is 'enabling' yourself allowed???! ;0)
    Not only is it allowed, it's encouraged. It's also good practice for enabling others.

I see an A30 in my future. I'm sort of glad none of the initial color options rolled my socks.
    Last edited by Moose; 06-30-2014 at 03:44 PM.
    List exceeds allowed characters. So I'll just say I'm plum and kiwi loving FOT!

ceepee, could you describe this tiered system or drop a link to a video? Thanks.

I'm gonna get a couple of Q kits, but nothing else really excited me. I was hoping for a cross body EDC bag. I use a Little Swift or Small Shopping Bag for that now, but would like something that zippers. Maybe that cross body knitting bag that will come out any year now will fit the bill.
    So far: LS in black dyneema/iberian, SE in black/iberian, SSB in black dyneema, Vintage Buzz and numerous pouches, 3D cubes, straps.

Ordered an A30 and a couple of travel trays. That makes my collection a Pilot, a Co-Pilot, a Tri-Star, an A45 gen 1, a Super Ego, a Synapse 25, and some stuff sacks. I keep thinking about a Brain Bag but i'm not quite there yet (and may not be with the A30). I don't have any use for an MCB, a Ristretto, a Cadet, Founder's, an Empire Builder, or a Guide yet. I sort of had hoped the replacement (if any) for the Checkpoint Flyer would be out today, but perhaps soon. The Pilot will serve for the time being.
    eWalker likes this.

I picked up some older stuff, especially in solar. I'm really interested in the laundry bag, but I'm going to wait a little while longer. Plus, my trip is next Tuesday. ;p
    eWalker likes this.
    I have an obsession with solar, just in case no one has picked up on that yet. If it's in solar, I want it. XD

Interesting. My impressions:

1. The videos are artistic and fun to watch, but don't really demo the products well, IMO. I'd like a more boring, conventional vid with someone slowly showing me the features, unzipping pockets, etc. It would be better if the bags were packed in real time without it being speeded up.

2. The Aeronaut 30 is exactly what I expected. I'll buy one. Should be useful for weekend trips, or for regional jets. I will probably have it replace one of my larger backpacks (Smart Alec or Synapse 25), which can fit a weekend's worth of stuff but are a little unwieldy to carry when packed full.

3. The night duffel looks appealing, and I'm actually very tempted, but wow, $180! For someone really wanting to maximize the personal item space allotted, it would be ideal though. I often use my personal item as my daily carry once I'm on vacation, so I usually stick with something much smaller. However, I could see this being useful in certain situations. If it had less internal organization features and (therefore) a lower price, I'd snap it up.

4. The only outer dyneema color is black right now? That's actually ok with me, as I like it. But I'm wondering if a new dyneema will be unveiled soon. For someone who wants a dyneema product but isn't a fan of black it might be worth waiting, or asking the TB folks, I guess.
    ----
    Please bring back the Portable Culture patch!

Volunteer Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bchaplin View Post
    Interesting. My impressions:

The videos are artistic and fun to watch, but don't really demo the products well, IMO. I'd like a more boring, conventional vid with someone slowly showing me the features, unzipping pockets, etc. It would be better if the bags were packed in real time without it being speeded up.
    I'm guessing that they were under time pressure to get this all launched at the same time for orders. That's partly why there isn't a lot of information out on some things -- for example, the Night Flyer Travel Duffle has configurable partitions, which would be great for carrying camera gear or gym equipment, but there's not much information out yet about it, or even the dimensions. When I called in, I was told that it had just been finished, and was included in with the launch information.

I agree with your assessment of the Aeronaut 30 as being what was expected. This isn't a bad thing, and I put my order in to make the first production group. (This may be an over-reaction, but I remember the first Aeronaut round where everything sold out in the pre-order stage. Of course, that was an entirely new product.)
    eWalker likes this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0